######### sick of keys

There are too many keys. Too many easy escapes with gens barely done.

Comments

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616511#Comment_616511

    I have a sneaking suspicion the game knows the killer is being a dick at this point and increases the chance of a key, but that is just suspicion.

    You know what? I think you are right 0_0 come to think of it every time I have four people on their first hooks on the hook I always seem to have a Kobe that game.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616511#Comment_616511

    I have a sneaking suspicion the game knows the killer is being a dick at this point and increases the chance of a key, but that is just suspicion.

    Survivors not spacing out gens makes the killer a dick?

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616529#Comment_616529

    Survivors not spacing out gens makes the killer a dick?

    Seems like someone didn't read the Survivor's Handbook that comes included with the game. Oof see rule #274

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616541#Comment_616541

    Seems like someone didn't read the Survivor's Handbook that comes included with the game. Oof see rule #274

    Screw your rules! >:(

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616529#Comment_616529

    Survivors not spacing out gens makes the killer a dick?

    I don't know what else to call a doctor that spends 40+ minutes patrolling the last three gens and hitting survivors just once to chase them off, then immediately resumes patrolling.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616541#Comment_616541

    I don't know what else to call a doctor that spends 40+ minutes patrolling the last three gens and hitting survivors just once to chase them off, then immediately resumes patrolling.

    Again survivor issue for rushing all the gens into the 3 gen. If a doctor is protecting a 3-gen from the start. While you have 4 survivors you can knock out the gens. Even if it costs you 2-3 hooks you still ruin their 3-gen ability.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616541#Comment_616541

    I don't know what else to call a doctor that spends 40+ minutes patrolling the last three gens and hitting survivors just once to chase them off, then immediately resumes patrolling.

    I play Nurse, not doc. You aren’t supposed to let them do the gens so you have to commit to chases that you know will be quick.

  • Well wasting that much of everyone's time is still a dick move.

    Oh I forgot, it's only a dick move if a survivor wastes a killer's time.

  • @darktrix said:

    Well wasting that much of everyone's time is still a dick move.

    Oh I forgot, it's only a dick move if a survivor wastes a killer's time.

    Ah, yes, I forgot, killers are supposed to let survivors do the last gen that they failed to space out. If the survivors can’t all hop on different gens and force the killer to chase one of them then honestly, they’re at fault. The three gen strat ain’t even hard to counter.

  • @darktrix said:

    Well wasting that much of everyone's time is still a dick move.

    Oh I forgot, it's only a dick move if a survivor wastes a killer's time.

    We did not mention at all that the 40 minute game is reasonable. We just mentioned that the 3-gen to begin with is purely survivor's fault. The killer does not do the gens.

  • @Jdsgames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616583#Comment_616583

    We did not mention at all that the 40 minute game is reasonable. We just mentioned that the 3-gen to begin with is purely survivor's fault. The killer does not do the gens.

    And if it last 40+ minutes the survivors probably aren’t good at beating the strat. I can counter it as survivor.

  • @darktrix said:

    Well wasting that much of everyone's time is still a dick move.

    Oh I forgot, it's only a dick move if a survivor wastes a killer's time.

    If nobody is committing to ending the game quickly then you can't pin it on one side. Survivors have to try to push in and make progress however they can when they get themselves in that situation. The killer not taking obvious bait when the balls in their court is a bad move.

  • Thanks, I haven't had too many survivors escape with a key until reading this post. Now my last three matches in a row have ended with hatch escapes with 1 or 2 gens left. Luckily I was able to block the last survivor from jumping in and closed it. Pretty funny to watch the jump animation onto a closed hatch!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I love it when I get "outplayed" by a key. You play well, everyone is on death hook, and multiple people suddenly escape because they either brought a key or found one. Not frustrating at all.

    If everyone is on death hook and the hatch has spawned then all the gens are done anyway.

    Sorry man you didn't play well, the survivors could just open the gates anyway. Everyone is on death hook so to get more than 1k while they open the door you're going to have to slug.

    Now the survivors are going to complain about getting 'outplayed' by a slugger.

    Quick tip. Kill people before all 5 gens are done then you probably won't have multiple people escaping through hatch.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    Keys are rare as hell to find, even WITH Plunderer's Instinct (inb4 threads about nerfing Plunderer's #PlunderersOP)

    Conditions have to be met for keys to even come into play.

    To escape with a key:

    All 4 survivors would have to complete all 5 gens (which arguably at that point, you were going to lose that match anyway)

    1 survivor dead and the other 3 would have to have completed 4 gens and found hatch and all get there without the killer noticing

    2 survivors dead, other two completed 3 gens and same conditions as above

    or 3 survivors dead, and killer found hatch first and closed it.

    In any case, keys are rare and don't affect your average game. I would argue Mori's are used a lot more than keys if your big complaint is that you feel robbed. Let's talk about those XD

    The only time I've ever found a key in a chest and escaped: Was playing solo with an experienced Trapper with a far better rank than us. 2 people died and 1 gen left to do. The killer was VERY good at applying pressure so it was pretty obvious that at least 1 of us would die (or both) - we were both 1 hook away from death. I find the trap door and look for my other teammate to show them, I find her - search a chest and get a purple key (luckiest luck ever). I then lead the other survivor to the door and we escape.

    I don't think it makes that much of a difference when you find keys as it's not always a definite escape. The killer still had more points than us. Moris on the other hand can completey change the match and kill people alot more quickly. 9/10 you're probably going to get to use the mori right? Not so much luck with keys.

  • If someone loads into the lobby with a key, I either slap on a mori and tunnel them out of the game or use Bubba to facecamp them until they die from it.

  • @darktrix said:

    Well wasting that much of everyone's time is still a dick move.

    Oh I forgot, it's only a dick move if a survivor wastes a killer's time.

    The 3 gen strat isn't an exploit. Pallet looping is.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616583#Comment_616583

    The 3 gen strat isn't an exploit. Pallet looping is.

    With the definition you are using anything is an exploit.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616583#Comment_616583

    The 3 gen strat isn't an exploit. Pallet looping is.

    HAHAHAHA Well there it is. The funniest thing I'll probably read today.

    So now it's an exploit to not run in a straight line and instead choosing to run around obstacles to avoid being killed? lol ok

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/616583#Comment_616583

    The 3 gen strat isn't an exploit. Pallet looping is.

    Devs have confirmed that looping Isn’t an exploit. But I guess the eye of the biased sees what it wants.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/637834#Comment_637834

    Devs have confirmed that looping Isn’t an exploit. But I guess the eye of the biased sees what it wants.

    It's an exploit that instead of being fixed was made into a core gameplay feature because there is a double-standard applied when weighing feedback based on whether it comes from survivors or killers.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/637934#Comment_637934

    It's an exploit that instead of being fixed was made into a core gameplay feature because there is a double-standard applied when weighing feedback based on whether it comes from survivors or killers.

    Moonwalking is an exploit as well but it is still in the game. You could consider harvester tech an exploit according to your definition. I could go on and on friendo.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/637934#Comment_637934

    It's an exploit that instead of being fixed was made into a core gameplay feature because there is a double-standard applied when weighing feedback based on whether it comes from survivors or killers.

    It was an exploit and now it is in the core gameplay.

1 2 ›