Trapper Trap Hitbox Size
Pretty frustrating that you can trap a narrow corridor dead center and still have survivors squeeze through like a rat.
Just a small change would go a long ways in this regard.
EDIT: Really hurts when they squeeze around your trap purely because of the placement bug.
Comments
Beartraps became smaller?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1354868867706403731/
That's a very old topic. I made this thread last year.
The reduction in size happend unintentionally, at least that was what the Devs admitted on stream.
Has been tested and reported to devs for a while now
Yep it's #########, as a trapper main this is beyond stupid, can't count the amount of times a survivor went through and I can't, just can't be bothered to report it thanks
I need to bookmark this video.
The most frustrating thing is when the survivors hitbox is small enough to pass through the wall and the trap, but when I do the same, I get stuck in my own trap.
Not gonna lie, if that happens I will tunnel that survivor to death and then go afk in the basement
Jeez, I never even knew this happened.
As if trapper wasn't already in a terrible position
Yeah his other buffs won't really accomplish much when his traps still fail to function at a fundamental level.
It's made worse by his setting bug, it might not be placed where you told it to and survivors can squeeze by it.
It's sad, but really the only minor buff he needs right now is an extra trap capacity so he does not rely too much on Addons
Check the link to my original thread in the steam forum.
It's from June 7th.... 2017!
The placement bug really exacerbates this issue.
Both issues are terrible and in the game for a very long time now.
His entire theme is setting traps to catch his prey and he’s been doing it for an unknown amount of time in the name of the the entity - whether this has been going on for centuries or whatever in the Entity’s world.
And he still steps in his own traps.
The Trapper should be unable to be caught by his own traps.
Especially with Iridescent Stone coming up, a trap could potentially open right under the Trapper’s feet while he’s in the middle of a chase and make him lose the chase because of such a ridiculous thing.
Don't know if this would be the popular opinion, but I agree with you. After all the Clown can't get affected by his bottles ( I think he can through a glitch but that is a glitch so yeah )
I'm just bothered if they can walk around the hitbox but it fatshames me, or they Dead Hard over it, I have to pick it up or, if I can't carry another trap, just let them go.
Power sure feels strong when people can walk through the side of the trap unscathed.
"J-j-just b-break a pallet..." - insecure survivor.