Last Second Character Switch
Yay or Nay?
Personally, after getting my ass handed to me by 2 flashlight Claudettes (Just 2...) while doing my best to look at walls, I see just how unfair it is. Of course I was running the standard NOED + Ruin. And the only reason I get a kill is due to that beautiful savior of a perk (Guess I'm a NOED "Noob" huh?) Why can't we get an honest look into how they're going to play instead of being downright lied to? Guess I'll always have to run Lightborn just in case.
Comments
Makes totally sense!
/NOT
What people do when they swap characters is they already have the item equipped on the character they're swapping to, not from. So they prep Claudette with a purple flashlight, then switch to Dwight with no item equipped before queuing up. Once they're in the lobby, they wait until the last second, then swap back to Claudette and her flashlight.
With the solution presented by Khroal, if they swap to a new character the items they had prepped are unequipped. They would then need a few seconds to go in and re-equip that item, meaning its impossible to do a last-second switch and the killer would have a short time to react to the switch.
Well thats exactly what those perks were made for
Killer's dodge for flashlights, toolboxes, SWF, claudettes, Nea's, Meg's any P1, 2, 3 character... It's the same as saying don't use BBQ or Ruin.
The killer has the advantage and is in control of whether or not he wants to play. If he dc's the survivors are at his mercy. If he dodges same.
Lobby dodging and character switching are just a strategies used as a result of the Killer's being to scared to play. This is the result. Do I think either side is right nope... Would I waste time to switch nope I run the same perks. To each their own 😉 One wouldn't happen if the other didn't first cause it to happen.
You can drop the survivor and the blind doesn't go through so I don't know what you are talking about sir. Even if you aim and do a perfect flashlight save I will deny it..
I think its tied to his speed??? i think. But i dont think so . BUt im not sure on the piece ( which is stronger than the Tombstone just so you know.
But i do know from experience that his palm opens on judith's
Either way, survivor gets rescued. Might take more charges, but since I wouldn't have used it in the first place, I don't care.
That being said I've had lobbies where I've seen at 6 seconds a survivor change skins to full blood and a purple odd bulb flashlight but I feel as though that's a macro which I believe isn't allowed.
Pay attention to the names and avoid them or remember they do that. It's honestly crap. Why I don't do that. They probably are the type to d/c too, but never know. I've had Aces do that to me before and it sucks. They also like d-ranked to be in a lower rank, so I was being run around all match. :x It's the same with survivor, too. Survivors don't know someone's going to camp or tunnel until after match. I think blocking works after that point to avoid those people.
As i've said in other discussions, killers shouldn't be able to see what other survivors got, so i understand people who do the last second switch and i think it's a valid option.
Make a setting "Only join lobbies with <150 Ping", where you can set the maximum ping on your own (like in all other games where you can search for servers). Then you should be temp banned for dodging it (survivors and killers)
The whole high ping issue only exists, because the devs removed region lock last October. In an attempt to decrease survivor lobby queues. Since no one was playing killer and survivors had queues of 45+ minutes.
Now what's better. Playing with a ping of 250+ or waiting 45+ minutes for 1 lobby (only to get dodged).
You could still do the 150 but have ti set to a delay timer so if it stays above that for say 15-20 seconds it auto leaves or w/e you want but 10 sec minimum.
As far as last second switching goes I don't do it and dislike when people do it on either side. The only time I switch my loadout up in lobby is when UI see too many tb or medkits etc. I also only swap characters if I see too many of 1 character like say Bills and I'm Bill, Claudette's, Megs etc.
im searching a game with ~70 ping for maximum 4 minutes (rank 1, dunno how its on low ranks)
If the survivors aren't ready'd up by the 10 second mark, I dodge.
Clearly they didn't want to play too badly anyway.
Then we would need to have a ping filter though
Also a SWF filter would be necessary or killer will DC ingame as much as survivor currently do and I am not sure whether you want that
Then they should make the DC ban rate actually reasonable, and make it 10 or 5% DC rare. Not the absurd 80%; which no one can reach unless they literally rage quit hundreds of times
Have a counter or something that is visible and at 10 DC they cant play the game for 24 hours BUT have the DC counter reset each day( count ingame DCs for both sides and dont count lobby dodging (for the killer's sanity)) and have it be always be shown no matter what.
You know not every killer that starts a lobby and leaves is dodging. Maybe it's just been sitting at 3 survs for 10 minutes. Maybe they have to take a dump. Maybe they just don't want to play. You can't FORCE someone to play a game they don't want to. If I play Hag and I see 4 FL I'm not taking that match because they will kill all my traps. You're saying I should be FORCED to play that? GTFO please.
Thats not the right way to go if you ask me. Why make things so complicated?
Its such an easy approach to simply introduce a queue time punishment after a DC, the more you DC the higher the waiting time and eventually the case will be handed over to the devs.
It works in any other game
So 9 DCs per day are acceptable? I wonder how many games the average player plays per day....
If I would DC 9 times per day..... lol
A DC has to lead to instant queue time punishment, it begins smal and will grow if the player keeps DCing. Obviously the DC punishment has to be the same for both sides
So a deathsquad joins your lobby and you should be forced to play that game?
Sure go ahead, but that will increase the DC-rate of killers up to the level of survivors. I am really not sure whether you truely want that.
Oh, and im gonna play the killer I want
How dumb are you? Just wait for the survivors to ready up first and if they don't ready up straight away then at 20 seconds bring Lighborn or a team mori. That's what I do and it's never failed me.
Well i belive that the trick is to instead of punishing DC we should make it so that its more rewarding to not DC at all you know?.
Like every 10 times you are in a game without DCing for like 10 mins get a token and at
10 tokens you get 100000k BP. It would reset to 0 when you dc and for every token you did not have (im not sure about this part) you get a day of 25% or more or less BP in whatever side you are playing as. And maybe you can't join the SWF mode for the duration of that penalty. Serial DC's increase the penalty by 25% up to 100% at which point no points( pun intended) for you. The penalty lasts for 10 days when you serial DC( two or more in a row) no matter what.
Therefore we are rewarding not DCing instead of just punishing it which i think aint the solution.
Then they should make the DC ban rate actually reasonable, and make it 10 or 5% DC rare. Not the absurd 80%; which no one can reach unless they are a> @Master said:
Yeah this would work
Is they did give a counter, it should be ten EVERY MONTH. And reset with rank. DCing needs to be buckled down HARD
Survivors disconnected when facing him and the devs recognized that playing against him isn't fun. So they nerfed him.
I wonder what would happen if killers did the same. Since facing a SWF deathsquad isn't really fun.
fair enough.