Avid Nurse main here; my expectations and wishes.

I'll start off by saying that i'm absolutely thrilled about the add-on rework! I always wanted Nurse to have much more reliable add-on because no matter what I used... range and speed add-ons were just too good and overshadowed anything else by a large margin. I have been playing add-on-less from weeks while waiting for the upcoming rework.


Yet, there's 5 key points I think BHVR should follow to avoid general discontent:


1- Start by reducing the rarity of "Plaid Flannel";

This add-on is probably the most unique one of the bunch. It does not modify the blink in anyway but it allows to see the landing location. By the time a Nurse players gets this very rare add-on in the bloodweb it's very likely that they've already learned about the distance and the charge time of the blink. The proposal is to make it "common" or "uncommon" at max, allowing new Nurse players to have grasp of the blink's use and functions in the early bloodwebs.


2- Avoid boring effects such as "Hemorrhage" or "Blindness";

Not only because this do not fit at all with how the Nurse's add-ons are designed, these are just very weak effects that add little to nothing to gameplay. You have seen how Pig mains, Huntress mains and now Freddy mains highly dislike their personal add-ons that causes this very effects. Just drop the concept, think about the potential!


3- Avoid multiple blinks in general;

The concept of multiple blink is flawed by definition of Nurse being a difficult killer to use. 2 blinks are already balanced by the concept that they're enough to hit but also to fail if not used properly.


4- The "Power compensation" thing needs to go;

The thing with all of Nurse's add-ons having a downside was inconsistent with how many of the other killers' add-ons were designed (At the exception of ultra-rare add-ons, which are justified). How many killers have non-ultra rare add-ons that have downsides to compensate in power? Little to none in some cases. Better design the new Nurse's add-ons to be weaker instead of powerful but with downsides.


5- Make Ultra-rare add-ons interesting and not overwhelmingly powerful;

I do not wish to see stuff like "Down survivor in one hit after a blink" or "Tremendously increase the chance of Survivor disconnecting after hearing your scream". Take example from Myers whose ultra-rare add-ons change the playstyle drastically. Hell... I'd love to have something that makes Nurse move at 110% with a very limited Blink usage!


That's it. I have very high expectations about the rework, I hope my feedback will be of use since I love Nurse and I will play her no matter what happens to her.

Comments

  • Just throwing this in, but having downsides to addons is actually not as uncommon as you think. Doc's shock range addons have increased charge time, as well as the speed addons for Billy and Bubba. Myers has several addons that increases the amount of stalk needed to get to T3, as well as addons that limit which tier he can get to. This is all without looking at ultra rares.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Just throwing this in, but having downsides to addons is actually not as uncommon as you think. Doc's shock range addons have increased charge time, as well as the speed addons for Billy and Bubba. Myers has several addons that increases the amount of stalk needed to get to T3, as well as addons that limit which tier he can get to. This is all without looking at ultra rares.


    You stand correct. I will rephrase it so that I will explain myself better:


    Most of Nurse add-ons are overly compensated when their power is not worth at all in some cases. This is what blocks me from using them at times.

    Tremendously increase charge time? It ain't bad. But it's not worth losing a blink over and a moderately longer fatigue time.

  • + addons for range should get a nerf. Too easy to get close to the survivor, leaving him no chance to somehow dodge.

    But I would not remove them completely, only to reduce the effect. Or give a strong debuff on them.

  • @go1gotha said:

    + addons for range should get a nerf. Too easy to get close to the survivor, leaving him no chance to somehow dodge.

    But I would not remove them completely, only to reduce the effect. Or give a strong debuff on them.


    Agreed. I want other add-ons to have a chance to shine as well.

  • Having multiple blinks or extended range directly helps her power which add-ons are supposed to do. No different from Billy going at the speed of lightning (with add-ons) or Spirit going at the speed of lightning or completely silent (prayer beads). I can agree with extra debuff...make range or extra blinks have longer fatigue.

    Her add-ons for the most part are weaker than most killers and it's hilarious there is so much talk about nerfing them.

    Give her a red add-on to instadown and she might smile at the Huntress.

  • I would keep the 5 blinks but actually give a longer fatigue time or shorter range debuff.

  • Tbh, I just hope they don't change her base kit too much.

  • I’m excited for the add on rework too, might give us more variety. :)

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Tbh, I just hope they don't change her base kit too much.

    As long as it doesn't count a cooldown or increase her fatigue time, or a huge range nerf, I am good ^^

    (+1)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/600220#Comment_600220

    Having more than 2 blinks removes all skill required in order to master this killer. The reason for it is simple, she can make 4 mistakes and still get the hit with 5 blinks - this is a terrible game design if you ask me. Two blinks is all she needs - one for positioning and the second one to get a hit.

    That's why I said it should have a major debuff like decreased range and increased fatigue. I think the reaction time between blinks should be shrunk as well, so you barely have time to think about your next move.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/600253#Comment_600253

    Nah I want her addons to be changed but to make them also useful not gimmicky at best in hopes for the best. As devs stated themselves - they will not go in flailing the nerf hammer without any thought put into it. Adding more than 2 blinks can be still problematic even with all the debuffs as a restriction. Plus it can also make the Nurse annoying to play as.


    The solution is fairly simple, avoid more than 2 blinks. You just need one more to make Nurse barely manageable. If they keep multiple blinks than the idea of reworking the add-ons is pointless.

  • Something I'll add on the addons downside thing, hag used to have downsides to her addons until they reworked her addons. She seems close enough in power to nurse that I think the changes will be similar.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/600310#Comment_600310

    I agree 100%. I love facing Nurses who are skilled and confident with their 2 blinks. The game is fair even if they manage to kill everyone. 3 and more blink Nurses with ebony moris are the worst offenders making the game not enjoyable, boring and simply a waste if time on the survivor side. I don't blame people for DCing from such games.

    I do agree 5 blinks isOP, three blinks should be the max maybe.

  • @palotheas said:

    Something I'll add on the addons downside thing, hag used to have downsides to her addons until they reworked her addons. She seems close enough in power to nurse that I think the changes will be similar.

    Worst offender: Plaid Flannel (shows where you will blink), the entire add-on is a massive downside. The giant marker it creates makes it hard to see what is even going on on your screen, by far the worst add-on in the entire game. And it's purple rarity for some reason, even if it was actually useful then inexperienced players who want to use it can't reliably equip it due to it showing up not very often because of the rarity

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/600184#Comment_600184

    You see the main problem with the Nurse is she can easily win if you are good with her basicly with no addons. Addons is what makes her even more broken than she already is and perks make her the strongest killer in the game. Instadown on the Nurse will never happen. What needs to happen is:

    • she should only have 2 blinks even with addons - all extra blink addons should be changed - 3rd blink addon is a possibility but then she should have some sort of cooldown for her power,
    • range addons should not stack,
    • her base blinking fatigue time is too short, good nurse even when she misses can still spam blinks,
    • after second blink she shouldn't be able to walk and than hit - she should commit to the hit
    • her lunge requires some investigation, because it is insane sometimes she can get hits she clearly shouldn't
    • ALSO - she should not be able to blink in and out of the BASEMENT - that alone makes her broken - I agree she can blink through walls etc. but in and out basement blinks should be removed

    About her lunge, it is technically different than other killers. Her's is shorter (as in it doesn't last as long) but it has longer reach (as in the hitbox itself is larger). So she can get hits she shouldn't when doing a fast attack, but has less of a chance to hit than other Killers when lunging.

  • Just to add to this. I'm confident that her extra blinks are here to stay. Why? Simple. You need at least 3 blinks for a nurse achievement and on ps4 i highly doubt sony will let the devs completely change an achievement over balance. Was set in stone the moment dbd got to ps4.

  • @yandere777 said:

    Just to add to this. I'm confident that her extra blinks are here to stay. Why? Simple. You need at least 3 blinks for a nurse achievement and on ps4 i highly doubt sony will let the devs completely change an achievement over balance. Was set in stone the moment dbd got to ps4.

    They’ll probably give her an extra blink ultra-rare add on.

  • If you listen to the video at ~37:20, they specially say, “The Nurse, and her add-ons”. Meaning that they are definitely looking into changing her first, and then whatever add-ons she has. They’ve also previous hinted that she may not even blink at all. Her rework will probably take approximately the same amount of time as Freddy’s rework took.

  • @Peanits pass this to the design team

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/600992#Comment_600992

    They’ll probably give her an extra blink ultra-rare add on.


    They should just rework the achievement and make it similar to the others. Why do the Trapper, Pig and other Killers needs to do something multiple times but Nurse just has to do something once? For consistency measures I'd say: Grab/Interrupt survivors after a blink/2 blinks 15/20 times.

    @Horus said:

    @Peanits pass this to the design team


    I hope they give it a look. I just want Nurse not to be a bringer of woe but something that needs to be respected still.

  • I'm upping this. There's so many discomfort in the recent discussions about nurse I wish this to be read

  • I happily dissent, and I am in particular disagreement over the necessity of your 4th point. MORE killers should have add-ons with downsides. That way, the developers can do more crazy stuff with add-ons and not have to worry about making a killer OP. A killer would just be different, not better or worse with add-ons (there are, of course, exceptions to the rule).

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    I happily dissent, and I am in particular disagreement over the necessity of your 4th point. MORE killers should have add-ons with downsides. That way, the developers can do more crazy stuff with add-ons and not have to worry about making a killer OP. A killer would just be different, not better or worse with add-ons (there are, of course, exceptions to the rule).


    Maybe, or maybe not.

    The pattern of add-ons having a downside should be applied to all killers following your point, which in most cases it's not. The idea of having downsides means that an add-on has to be strong/very strong and most of the time this downsides can be easily avoided.

    Just look at how Iri-head/Infaltry Belt is.