Killers denying points

If a killer drops you instead of allowing you to escape their grasp, they can deny you points. If the killer DCs a certain way, they can deny you points. I think this shouldn't be a thing.

EDIT: To clarify (in case it wasn't obvious), I'm talking about drops that make you escape the grasp. Not all drops. Dunno why people are having issues with this suggestion. It literally wouldn't affect you as killer. It would just benefit the survivor who would have gotten those points if they walked two steps forward.

Comments

  • Survivors can do the exact same thing by: DC’ing, killing their selves on hooks intentionally, gen rushing, and playing too immersive.

  • Lol right. Or if those bastards catch you when you're on generator duty, and hook you. That denies you points too. Unacceptable.

  • I mean DCing is lame, but wow, you're actually complaining about a killer dropping you because you don't get enough points.

    Do you also complain if survivors don't let you get your full 800 struggle points on the second-stage hook but instead rescue you earlier?

  • I'm talking about scenarios where you would get points otherwise, but there's a loophole to deny points and people are using it. With DCing, you still get points as killer. Killers can DC in a way that denies any survival points, though. When they kill themselves on hook, you still get points for them stage 2ing and dying and arguable it screws over survivors more when other survivors do that. And "being too immersive" is like saying "killer camped/patrolled gens." It's a play style. What I'm talking about is scenarios where you would have gotten points and there's a loophole to denying those points. Why should that be a thing? Who does it help?

    If you wiggle free from a killer's grasp, you're still doing so even if he drops you last second. Why is this even an argument you guys are trying to make?

    @George_Soros said:

    Lol right. Or if those bastards catch you when you're on generator duty, and hook you. That denies you points too. Unacceptable.

    Or like DHing and dying on a rock instead of letting the killer catch you since that's exploiting the game is the same as playing the game normally omegalol.

  • @starpilotsix said:

    I mean DCing is lame, but wow, you're actually complaining about a killer dropping you because you don't get enough points.

    Do you also complain if survivors don't let you get your full 800 struggle points on the second-stage hook but instead rescue you earlier?

    You literally only have a few ways to get survival points. Give us more ways to get survival (that you don't need perks for) and I'll stop complaining. It's obvious why they were doing it. There's no reason to deny those points. You should still get them if the killer decides to drop you last minute 'cause THEY made the mistake to trying to take you to the basement miles away, not you.

  • for the first part ... Is that a kind of joke ? I mean if the killer let you escape from his grasp he will get penalized for it so why should he shoot himself a bullet in the feet ?


    So the second part, it could be either cause by a ponctual issue or an exploit but it shouldn't happen. Even though survivors can do the same ;).

  • You understand that the Killer is your opponent and given the competitive nature of the game it's actually expected for it to deny you points? The community invented this weird culture where Killers are not allowed to do better than survivors and vice-versa. It's bizarre.

  • @hahmraro said:

    You understand that the Killer is your opponent and given the competitive nature of the game it's actually expected for it to deny you points? The community invented this weird culture where Killers are not allowed to do better than survivors and vice-versa. It's bizarre.

    This isn't about doing better. It's about having a loophole you can abuse to deny people points they would have gotten in the exact same scenario. You guys are reaching. This isn't a killer vs survivor thing. It's a not liking exploits thing.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/601140#Comment_601140

    Loop hole?

    You do know that the ability to drop survivors instead of letting them wiggle free is an intentional and intended game mechanic, right?

    That doesn't give points, despite having the same outcome. Them rewarding you points for the killer dropping you so that you would break free literally wouldn't negatively affect killers. I don't know why people are arguing against it.

  • not understanding the loop hole with dropping.


    are you talking about when killer drops you many time till they lose they grasp on you? how you not getting points for that?

  • Its far more concerning that survivors can still deny myers infinite tombstone achievment by going into lockers. Thats something really toxic and childish that should be fixed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/601459#Comment_601459

    But it doesn't have the same outcome. One is you successfully escaping the killer's grasp, thus you are no longer downed, and can run again. If the killer just downs you and never picks you up, is that denying your points, too?

    Secondly, you did not answer my question. Please explain how and why you believe a mechanic that is clearly in the game, being used in its intended way of dropping a survivor you picked up, a 'loop hole'?

    Again, is leaving a survivor slugged on the ground a 'loop hole' too? Despite killer perks being designed for such things (Deer Stalker, Knock Out, Hex: The Third Seal) and survivor perks to counter a killer slugging? (Unbreakable, Tenacity, No Mither, Buckle Up)?

    Wait, how isn't it the same thing? You're literally escaping and running away in both scenarios. I'm wondering if people aren't understanding what I'm saying 'cause I don't think it's that farfetched to say I want the points if the killer tries to put me down and it results in my escape. I'm still escaping.

    The loop hole lies in denying points. Some killers are really against survivors getting points and try to deny it any way they can. I also believe it's an oversight.

    Friend, I'm not talking about slugging a survivor. Maybe I wasn't very clear in how I explained it. I'm not really good at expressing myself, so I apologize. What I was talking about is the specific scenario where they try to put you down and it results in you escaping. I think it's an oversight that you don't get points in that scenario. With how bad the grind is, I want it anywhere I can and as I expressed earlier, survival is a category you'll rarely get far over 5k with, if that. I'm not talking about getting points if the killer drops you and you become a slug. That would be silly and I think maybe I didn't express myself well enough and that's why people are railing against it.

    I personally don't think it'd be a big deal to allow you to get points in that case since you're still escaping the killer's grasp by all definition of the term and survivors getting more points in a place that feels like an oversight (for them not getting points) wouldn't have a negative affect on killer imo. It would just get more BP and I like more BP. Helps me level up newer characters quicker.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    not understanding the loop hole with dropping.

    are you talking about when killer drops you many time till they lose they grasp on you? how you not getting points for that?

    You don't get points if they do the final drop. I wasn't aware people didn't know this, I'm sorry.

  • @YaiPa said:

    Its far more concerning that survivors can still deny myers infinite tombstone achievment by going into lockers. Thats something really toxic and childish that should be fixed.

    Maybe you should be able to mori if they start getting crows? I agree, that isn't fair, too.

  • Who cares? Damn, all these little thousand cuts gripes about any hint of adversarial play in an adversarial game.

    There are a lot of big systemic issues with Dead by Daylight, and then there are insignificant gripes like this one.

  • @Rydog said:

    Who cares? Damn, all these little thousand cuts gripes about any hint of adversarial play in an adversarial game.

    There are a lot of big systemic issues with Dead by Daylight, and then there are insignificant gripes like this one.

    Adding points to an escape (by the killer's drop) would be easy, though. I wouldn't think fixing people losing points (on console, from what I've heard at least) or lose survival points (on PC) would be hard, either.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/602487#Comment_602487

    Okay, now you are making a lot more sense.

    I'll record (or have my brother record since my computer is poop) a video. Probably of me slapping him, letting him wiggle until he's nearly free, then dropping him and seeing if he gets the points or not.

    I don't play on console, but I know you don't get the points on PC if the killer drops you and you get freed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/603479#Comment_603479

    Yeah, I tested it out, it doesn't work.

    We recorded a video but Youtube is like "hell naw".

    ...Even when I tried to format the video into a different format, it still rejects it, so I can't upload to show.

    Probably Youtube being Youtube. Not much I can do about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Was the size too big or did it just save it to a weird format? I can't remember if I had to change the file type back while I was uploading YouTube vids. It could be easier to upload it to Twitch, I'm not sure.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/603508#Comment_603508

    1.2 gigs. I've uploaded 50+ gig files before. Size isn't the problem.

    .mp4 format. Recommended format. Also tried .avi, and .wmv. Also didn't work. I've tried compressing the video to 200 mb, also didn't work.

    So just chalking it up to Youtube being dumb and will try again later once their "highly trained" monkeys fix it.

    Haha, possibly. I haven't uploaded a YouTube video in a while. Hopefully the highly trained monkeys will fix it soon.

  • Wait, what?

    A killer dropping a survivor into auto-escape doesn't register as survival category BP/emblem points?

    That sounds like a bug.

  • @tehshadowman33 said:

    Wait, what?

    A killer dropping a survivor into auto-escape doesn't register as survival category BP/emblem points?

    That sounds like a bug.

    Yeah, I'm thinking it's an oversight. It's been like that for a while now. It's why if you're letting people wiggle off (while farming), you don't drop them to get them off. I believe you can drop them 4 times to build up the wiggle meter. It's annoying when people drop you when you're about to wiggle out, though.

  • @fluffymareep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/603800#Comment_603800

    Yeah, I'm thinking it's an oversight. It's been like that for a while now. It's why if you're letting people wiggle off (while farming), you don't drop them to get them off. I believe you can drop them 4 times to build up the wiggle meter. It's annoying when people drop you when you're about to wiggle out, though.

    Yeah, that sounds like a bug. Does NOT sound like intended behavior.

    I would write up a bug report.

  • @tehshadowman33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/603817#Comment_603817

    Yeah, that sounds like a bug. Does NOT sound like intended behavior.

    I would write up a bug report.

    How do I write up a report? I don't think I'm the only one who knows about it and nothing's been done about it so far. I'm not sure how much good filling out a bug report would be.