Forced dunce cap cosmetic for dc'er / killer that stay too close of the hook

Hey


Since BhVr LOVES cosmetic so much, why not add a rule that force a survivor or a killer to wear a dunce cap if that player enjoy staying too close from hook / DC ? This way survivors and killers are aware of the strategy some gamer in their trial will probably use.


Upon a certain treshold, lets say 5min for example , based on multiple trials, for staying next to the hook without an other surv in the terror radius, the killer will be cursed by the low strat beannie. Works aswell for a survivors that got a regular DC crisis.


It can disappear since there s a timer on it, the "camp meter" decrease with time, it's refilled if that killer continues to play like this.


Not perfect in execution, but you get the idea. Thoughts ?

Comments

  • I'd rather see one for the survivors who camp the hook instead of working on generators. Those piss me off more than the killer in my face.

  • @Orion said:

    I'd rather see one for the survivors who camp the hook instead of working on generators. Those piss me off more than the killer in my face.

    Could work on the same concept.

  • Or not be done at all, since no playstyle that doesn't break the rules should be punished. Just because you don't like what someone else is doing doesn't mean they should be punished. I don't like this thread nor this idea, so should you be banned?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/595932#Comment_595932

    Or not be done at all, since no playstyle that doesn't break the rules should be punished. Just because you don't like what someone else is doing doesn't mean they should be punished. I don't like this thread nor this idea, so should you be banned?

    Killers already receive a debuff on ranking system when they do this. Like it or not, thats Bhvr idea to punish killers who do this.


    My idea is just a plus.

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/595933#Comment_595933

    Killers already receive a debuff on ranking system when they do this. Like it or not, thats Bhvr idea to punish killers who do this.

    My idea is just a plus.

    They did that because they wanted to improve the survivor experience. However, they didn't believe anyone who told them killers don't camp for the BP nor the pips. The idea was misguided from the start (no surprise, since it came from survivor mains).

  • This should be a DC'r penalty for all players tbh.

    100% against the idea of punishing camping in any way because eventually in-game penalties affect legitimate players who don't abuse such tactics. Campers don't care about penalties either so I don't see the point of this.

  • @Dustin said:

    This should be a DC'r penalty for all players tbh.

    100% against the idea of punishing camping in any way because eventually in-game penalties affect legitimate players who don't abuse such tactics. Campers don't care about penalties either so I don't see the point of this.

    "This way survivor are aware of the strat that killer will use".


    Solo survivors QoL.

  • Make it for disconnectors instead and I'll be on board with this ๐Ÿ˜„

  • @oxygen said:

    Make it for disconnectors instead and I'll be on board with this ๐Ÿ˜„

    I love that !

  • I would do exactly this just to get the cosmetics

  • Only for disconnects. Yeah a lot of us would DC just to get it (hey it's free cosmetics!), but there are harmless ways of DC: namely, when you DC on your last hook, or a second before the end of the game.

  • @DaS_only said:

    I would do exactly this just to get the cosmetics

    Sandbag and mori that fooker !!

  • Lol I would love this. Imagine the fear of being chased by a Leatherface with a dunce cap knowing the second he catches you're getting camped.

    Edit: My English is perfect :P

  • @George_Soros said:

    Only for disconnects. Yeah a lot of us would DC just to get it (hey it's free cosmetics!), but there are harmless ways of DC: namely, when you DC on your last hook, or a second before the end of the game.

    Then having the cosmetic could result in having a malus on the bloodpoint income.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    Lol I would love this. Imagine the fear of being chased by a Leatherface with a dunce cap knowing the second he catches you're getting camped.

    Edit: My English is perfect :P

    Hahahaha "omygad nooooo I gonna get insidious'd"