Entitled Survivors... as Teammates...
Okay, I've had it. This weekend, I've already experienced more irrational salt than I can handle. Players who say things like:
"You only healed me up to 90% after saving me off the hook because the killer was coming... man you choked!"
or
"I saved you off the hook once, so why didn't you come and save me when the killer was clearly camping me and everyone else had run out the exit gates?"
...How do you combat the constant stream of entitled survivors who feel anytime they lose... it MUST be someone else's fault.
Comments
Ignore them.
^ This. As soon as the match ends just close the chatbox or leave straight away if you can't ignore it. Avoid all of the BS. You don't need to read the chat anyway:)
Thanks for the comments/support.
I'm on PS4, so it comes down to blocking them. I'd blocked once on Playstation in the past 8 years. I've done is SIX times in the past 48 hours.
In all honesty, I try my best to be a friendly and thoughtful teammate. I don't want to be a bad player. I make mistakes, but I'm experienced. I'm just surprised that people can be so consistently hateful. Maybe I have played too many games today.
Even when you hook one of them, then run for another, then run for another (literally hooking someone 3 times, not hooking the same surv in a row), when you do not camp, you will be called a tunneller and camper anyway. And other nice words.
Why?
"REEEE I'M TOO GOOD TO DIE, HE MUST BE A CHEATER, OR NOT PLAYING ACCORDING TO MY MADE-UP RULES, REEE! I'M PR0, IT IS NEVER MY FAULT!
-Son, do not scream, and bash your keyboard, it costed money.
-Sorry mom..." - that's why.
Yeah, I think the toxicity is getting to you. Which is understandable. Maybe taking a break would do you good. But then again, double bloodpoints.
You'll get this regardless of whether there's an event or not and for PS4 it's magnified by Sony's inexplicable stupidity to not coordinate the release for NA and EU on same day. So NA players are extra salty right now.
i had to set my settings to friends only for messages on ps4. i now play pc for better fps but you might be better off setting your messages to friends only as well lol upto you
I usually reply with "GG
" and let the salt take over them.
Only times I get frustrated and salty is over laggy killers (lagswitching is a thing no way should I be lagging when I started the match with green ping) and ill probably mention your crappy wifi.
Just be nice, it doesn't matter anyway not like when you die you'll be reincarnated into a ######### hillbilly or jakey poo
since you’re ps4, maybe change it so only friends can message you.
There’s gonna be tough decisions among survivors.
ignore it.