Question for those who think Spirit is OP/Unfun (not her addons)

What aspects of her do you think are OP/Unfun and what changes do you think would be needed to resolve the issues you have with her?

Or in other words what does a balanced Spirit look like in your opinion exactly?

I'm not here to argue if she is balanced or not, so please do not comment if you're going to say something like "omg she's fine just leave her" because that just misses the point. There are plenty of other threads for that.

Comments

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    On a serious note she is balanced... devs have finally made another top tier killer who can take some shifts from Billy, nurse and huntress.... Rin isnt even a year old yet and the good ones are few and far apart..... you come across one thatll smack you down every phase....no the next one most likely wont be able to phase to save their lives.....

    Rather then talking about "what is unbalanced and what should change on spirit?" Why dont we talk about "what could help out Doc or LF?" ...... oh wait that would mean more higher tier killers possibly...

    @Bravo0413 I have a LF fix thread if you wana see it.

    Still theory crafting other low tiers.

    I'm wanting to eventually look at:

    Doctor

    Wraith

    Trapper

    Pig

    Clown

    I've already posted ideas for LF and Legion.

    Other Killers are relatively good.


  • @PalletOrWhat said:

    wait... is there even anyone who says she's OP? With the exception of prayer beads (and maybe wakizashi) there is nothing "op" about her.

    What prevents killer from using those addons? Killers have bp farmer they dont care about addons rarity.

  • No dude we're not about to start this NERF SPIRIT thing!

  • @shmoul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/593661#Comment_593661

    So you want to remove chases from this game and make it a gen rushing sim?

    If you can reliably put a full stop to any loops, the skill of the killer and survivor becomes irrelevant, kinda like with the old legion.

    No, I'm saying exactly what I said -- since survivors always have the clear advantage as a group in the big picture of a match, killers should routinely have the clear advantage (in their own way, specific to each killer) in individual chase situations, because there must be instances where killers are dominant in no uncertain terms.

    Clown is dominant in the here-and-now of chases because he cuts off loops. Hag can basically shut down an entire map quadrant. Spirit happens to be able to catch up to survivors really fast. All three take some savvy in the part of the player.

    Meanwhile, the survivors, AS A GROUP, still have an advantage that they can keep pressing by doing gens, which is their main gameplay objective while the killer is busy overpowering the INDIVIDUAL survivor (which killer should have the power to do).

    I don't want to put words in anyone's mouths, but it seems like people want individual survivors to be able to get an upper hand on the killer. I think the survivors have to be looked at as a group, in terms of gameplay balance.

    Just because you died doesn't mean you failed, it probably means you bought the group more time to escape. This is why you can earn emblems and rank up even though you died.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/594237#Comment_594237

    No, I'm saying exactly what I said -- since survivors always have the clear advantage as a group in the big picture of a match, killers should routinely have the clear advantage (in their own way, specific to each killer) in individual chase situations, because there must be instances where killers are dominant in no uncertain terms.

    Clown is dominant in the here-and-now of chases because he cuts off loops. Hag can basically shut down an entire map quadrant. Spirit happens to be able to catch up to survivors really fast. All three take some savvy in the part of the player.

    Meanwhile, the survivors, AS A GROUP, still have an advantage that they can keep pressing by doing gens, which is their main gameplay objective while the killer is busy overpowering the INDIVIDUAL survivor (which killer should have the power to do).

    I don't want to put words in anyone's mouths, but it seems like people want individual survivors to be able to get an upper hand on the killer. I think the survivors have to be looked at as a group, in terms of gameplay balance.

    Just because you died doesn't mean you failed, it probably means you bought the group more time to escape. This is why you can earn emblems and rank up even though you died.

    @Rydog Chase is the most fun part of the game, it should be engaging to both sides and be a test of skill. It should be won by whoever is the better player. And you want chase to be one sided. That would ruin the game from survivor perspective no matter how you look at it. Now, as a team survivors can have an advantage over the killer, but only if the killer fails to apply pressure to them. For spirit, she's got high map pressure and high chase potential. But the main problem is that the chase isn't really engaging to survivor side because of the reasons I listed in my previous comment.

  • Personally, as a Survivor main, I don't have much issue with Spirit. I run Iron Will + Spine Chill constantly anyway, because they're really great perks for solo queue. (Allows you to get a head start on hiding when a killer is coming your way, and a way to help hide if you manage to break LoS mid-chase/can't find a teammate for a heal.)

    But I would love to see Spirit get something to visually show that she was casting her power. Similar to, well, every other killer in the game. Currently she's the only one who doesn't visually cast her power on Survivor side, which is what can make it so annoying during chases. Something as simple as seeing her do the little animation you see on her side when she casts it would be a nice and simple fix, while still allowing her to do a pallet mind game.

  • @KaoMinerva said:

    No dude we're not about to start this NERF SPIRIT thing!

    That already started. I'm just trying to quantify it.

  • These folks just want the top threatening killers nerfed

  • @LordGlint said:

    The biggest gripe I have is "the mindgames" at pallets. I put this in quotes because the Spirit player isnt losing anything by just standing there watching. Its up to the survivor to simply GUESS at which point the killer stopped standing still. Thats not a mind game, thats a guessing game.

    Beyond that, lemme ask what you think @NuclearBurrito. If a Wraith could simply run up to a survivor while cloaked, thereby having the extra speed with the cloak, and hit them without ringing the bell first... would this be fair? Thats pretty much what happens with Spirit, except theres no shimmer.


  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/591664#Comment_591664

    First off, while the Wraith is at cloak, when getting out of cloak mode his movement speed is reduced when ringing the bell. You can also tell when he is uncloacking with the addition of being able to prevent him from getting his movement speed when using a flash light while he is uncloaking.

    Now compare to the Spirit, the suriviour gets no notification when the killer is phasing while he/she is within the killer's terror radius. This stops the whole point of mind gaming or long chases because there is nothing the suriviour can do other then get lucky that would miss her attack or go off another direction to where the suriviour is. Obviously if the killer is highly experience that won't work and majority of the time you will get knock down from trying that.

    Not only that but there is nothing a suriviour can do to stop spirit while phasing or to restrict her movement when getting out of her phase mode, making her a way better version of Wraith.

    Furthermore, as you know the spirit chases usually ends within 20 seconds (I'm not even joking) and to do a gen takes 80 seconds to do. It is the main reason why most of the time you see spirit users usually finish with 3 gens left (more if the killer isn't slugging). The thing about Nurse which you hardly hear a suriviour scream nerf (I think) is because she takes alot of skill and is rare to find a good nurse. Whereas the spirit, you don't have to time your phasing perfectly to hit a suriviour and you have a longer time to use your ability. There is also no drawbacks when phasing out other then your cool down which is nothing since you would most likely have a suriviour down and will get your phase back when you hook him.

    You pretty much just reworded my point on a post from months ago.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724016#Comment_724016

    You pretty much just reworded my point on a post from months ago.

    My mistake and I apologies for it. I read it as, if wraith is balance then so she is to put it simple .

  • @LordGlint said:

    The biggest gripe I have is "the mindgames" at pallets. I put this in quotes because the Spirit player isnt losing anything by just standing there watching. Its up to the survivor to simply GUESS at which point the killer stopped standing still. Thats not a mind game, thats a guessing game.

    Beyond that, lemme ask what you think @NuclearBurrito. If a Wraith could simply run up to a survivor while cloaked, thereby having the extra speed with the cloak, and hit them without ringing the bell first... would this be fair? Thats pretty much what happens with Spirit, except theres no shimmer.

    "I put this in quotes because the Spirit player isn't losing anything by just standing there watching."

    She is losing A LOT when standing there...TIME. Something the killer already doesn't have enough of.

    "Its up to the survivor to simply GUESS at which point the killer stopped standing still."

    It's also on the Spirit to "guess" where you are moving when she's phasing as well. I put "guess" in quotes because I don't consider it guessing, it's reading survivors well enough to predict their movements.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    What aspects of her do you think are OP/Unfun and what changes do you think would be needed to resolve the issues you have with her?

    Or in other words what does a balanced Spirit look like in your opinion exactly?

    I'm not here to argue if she is balanced or not, so please do not comment if you're going to say something like "omg she's fine just leave her" because that just misses the point. There are plenty of other threads for that.

    She's isn't OP, but i would like collision to be removed and give a animation when she starts phasing, but still able to fake out the phasing with starting the animation and cancel.

  • She need the legion treatment

  • Her twitching has always bothered me. Not in an op kind of way. It kind of messes with my eyes.

1 2 ›