Deafness - New Status Effect
I had this idea when I saw the Disfigured Ear's Hag add-on that make the survivors deaf when a trap is triggered. Why not making that deafness a status effect? It could work together with Blindness (a weak status effect right now) or another different status effect. My ideas are:
Sounds that are affected by Deafness:
- Generator sounds
- Skill Checks
- Terror Radius
- Sounds created by the Killer's Power (chainsaw, bell, screeching...)
- Injured Survivors
- Alert sounds such as when a generator is repaired, the doors are powered, a survivor is hooked...
- Crows
- Sounds triggered by perks (Small Game, Alert, Bamboozle...)
Sounds that are partially affected by Deafness which will be heard similar to how a cloaked Wraith hears his footsteps:
- Environmental sounds that do not affect the game in a strong way (grass walk, breath...)
- Your own grunts of pain while injured
This status effect could be added to Hex: Third Seal or Hex: Huntress' Lullaby to buff them and maybe a small buff to status effect's add-ons for Wraith, Huntress, Clown and killers that have an add-on that triggers Blindness (For example, Clown's add-on is basically useless alone).
In my opinion, this addition will not be overpowered and will probably add the scary factor that this game did not have in a long time.

Comments
I can see this being pretty interesting. Maybe a bit much. Like, maybe things that are close to you sound muffled, and direction can't be discerned. Also, adding it on to everything that gives aura blindness may be a bit much. Not being able to hear anything for a solid minute could be devastating. Though, it would bring Legion up just a tad.
Applied in a way that is impactful beyond gimmick value, it could be interesting. Perhaps it disables the survivor's ability to hear the chase music and killer's heartbeat for a while. I can't think of another way it could actually be useful.
Blindness is not bad, it is just not good enough compared to others like mangled, hemorraged, hindered, exhaustion.
Hemorrhage is much worse than Blindness.
It would be more interesting if it was applied to killers instead. Like a handicap perk similar to no mither. Or a survivor perk that brings an added effect to killer stuns.
Apllying it to survivors just sounds like a very unnessasery and rediculous buff to killers...
As addition to that, I would replace mindbreaker ######### effect with deafness.
Imagine not being able to hear anything while working on a gen(until 50%).
@Marcus
your opinion
I'm very curious as to why you believe Hemorrhage is passable enough to be said in the same breath as, say, Mangled.
@TAG
I said: Blindness is not bad, it is just not good enough compared to others like mangled, hemorraged, hindered, exhaustion.
Yes, which is why I asked you believe Hemorrhage is passable enough to be mentioned alongside Mangled. Because you did.
I always thought this status effect should be base kit for Clown when he hits a survivor directly with a bottle.
It would make him more interesting and it would be cool, plus it kind of fits in lore wise and power wise by getting blurry vision from the intoxication. It would go away once you not intoxicated anymore, simple.
@TAG
Hemorrhage is really good for tracking, I found ALOT of survivors only because of sloppy's blood trails. Especially killers like wraith, spirit, billy etc that have insane mobility, they can find really easy randomly bloodtrails that you couldnt without this status effect.
Blindness in the other hand, what does it really do? Actually nothing, when the killer hooks someone you still see the location and can hear from which direction the scream comes on the hook animation. And its not that important to see ppl on the ground because you mostly the killer uses slugs anyway as a slugging strategy. Only in a really small amount of situations blindness CAN be good. But compared to the nice tracking you get with hemorhage its not a comparison.
IMO the info regular bleeding gives is good enough for tracking that Hemorrhage is almost completely pointless. Of all the Status Conditions that can be inflicted onto Survivors, I think Hemorrhage is the worst one by a long shot.
@TAG
Thats your opinion^^
True, though I just personally find the dissenting opinion hard to accept.
He says "IMO" and "I think" in his post. You do not need to inform others that they are sharing an opinion.
@brokedownpalace
Thats why I said "thats your opinion" idk where the problem is lul or should I say gtfo noob ez get reckt? dafuq xD
We already get this status effect every engine update.
There is no point in telling someone that what they say is their opinion, especially when they went out of their way to explicitly say it is their opinion. Why even respond? If you don't want to hear others' opinions then I recommend not posting on a public forum. If you don't have a problem hearing others' opinions, then why are you responding to everyone who replies as "that's your opinion?"
@brokedownpalace
Pointless as your replie and conversation about that?
That's your opinion.
@brokedownpalace
Guys, guys! Hemorrhage and Blindness can both be the worst. It's ok. Stay on topic, we're talking about deafness as a potential status effect.
Deactivate Senses (Uncommon/Uncommon/Rare)
When blinding the killer they get the deafness status effect for 3/4/5 seconds and cannot attack for the duration of the blind.