I'm scared I get banned
Where's the rules and regulations again?
I play killer a lot as hag and get a lot of angry mail from my victims. Yes I will tunnel, camp, slug and body block if I have to.
What exactly is taking a game hostage?
You could argue that all killers are taking the game hostage by just playing ?
Comments
I play Hag more than any other killer at the moment, and can verify, you get so much salt playing Hag.
Like, dont want to be hit off hook, dont trigger my trap? LUL
Blocking someone in play for an extended period of time. Basically making it so someone else can't play the game
@betelgeuseyes
here
Taking the game hostage is blocking someone in the corner to the point that the only way they can POSSIBLE get out is to DC. Blocking off someones route for afew seconds so they cant get to a window or something is not taking the game hostage.
They really ought to take reports on streamsniping. DbD kinda relies on streamers for exposure and continued interest, and BHVR is alienating a lot of them by failing to take care of their community in more ways than just that.
Devs have stated on this forum that the streamers have tools to help, like stream delay, but none of the DBD streamers use a delay as far as I can tell. Have never seen one use a delay ever in my recollection, some block the load in screen but no delay.
Everygame that has online PVP has snipers, and PUBG streamers deal with it the same - they use a delay.
@ElusivePukka
I think it's funny streamers being sniped because it's all in your head!
I'm not a streamer but I'm sure I get "sniped". The difference is streamers seem to think they are entitled to special powers like the Banhammer.
#Crybabies
@betelgeuseyes
I've been accused of holding the game hostage / body blocking when I've held a survivor in a corner for 3 seconds as Leatherface to insta-saw them. Some players cry over nothing to get their way.
Unrelated but are you on an alt with the same name or what is your name referencing. Was just surprised to see two accounts with a similar name when I @'d you and now I'm curious.
You can't reliably prove someone is sniping though. Sometimes you can unintentionally queue into a player several times in a row. I've done it before where I got the same killer 3 times in a row. I'd be all for quality of life features specifically for streamers. Nothing too drastic past that though.
For example a temporary dodge feature that last for an hour or so. As survivor you could block 1 killer so you won't enter their lobby. As killer you could block up to 4 survivors so they won't be allowed to enter your lobby. If an unblocked survivor tries to join your lobby with a blocked survivor in an swf that swf gets rejected from the lobby. You can freely remove any blocked players from the list at any time.
Personal bias of course is I prefer quality of life adjustments to games over pointless bannings.
Most people who are sending you the hate are just upset that died, and don't truly understand what camping tunneling and holding a game hostage is. I wouldnt worry about it. Ignore the hate messages and play your game.
Sorry have to do it...
Fact is, streamers in other games are recognized as important parts of the community - some are here, too, as Fog Whisperers - yet it's pretty exclusive to DbD that their input isn't listened to and they aren't protected. PUBG still bans stream snipers when they're caught. You can't really pretend this is something that can't be found out with evidence.
The adages of "don't fix what's not broken" and "if it works for others it works here" just don't apply to stream sniping with DbD - the game simply wouldn't exist as it does today without streaming, and the ability to stream it without delay is what sets it apart from similar asymmetrical horror.. you know, the games that fail to replace it or get relegated to Youtube.
I don't stream, and I'm not invested in streamers beyond recognizing that they are the reason the playerbase isn't dropping. BHVR needs to recognize that too.
I like @Dustin 's attitude, though. QoL is always preferred to harsher measures.
@venom12784
I wouldn't worry about it but I fear I'm treading a fine line sometimes and it's not my fault. As a killer, getting those kills is my priority and if I can corner a bunch of survivors with my body and have them at my mercy (usually have none) I will enjoy it because that's the fun part.
Killer is hard work, ill take any amusement I can get by toying with my victims
@ElusivePukka
I'm not an authority on the matter but the way I see it. Streamers get enough recognition without giving them powers in online games to ban people. More to the point I don't think streamers are more important than non-streamers and it's obnoxious as all hell to think you are.
That's just my view and I'm sure a lot of others agree also
@betelgeuseyes I already said I'm not a streamer, and I've not actually advocated for allowing streamers the ability to ban people. I'm saying a particular brand of toxic people using information obtained outside the game to get an advantage, cheat, and harass people who are ultimately the foundation of the game's community need to be addressed.
I just got a warning from playstation from someone messaging me and me saying "you're talking crap" and "stop being an ass".
I'm gonna stop people from messaging me before u get banned
Cornering a survivor and downing them is different then cornering them and not letting them leave just to trap then in the game