Family Share SWF bullying is a problem.

Title. It NEEDS to be addressed, at Rank 15 I will frequently get 2-3 red rank players teaming with another red rank friend who has family shared Dead by Daylight onto a fresh steam account (completely free of charge, takes about five minutes) to play at Rank 20. I've seen it a few times, but over the past month it has become almost every other game. I'm not sure why this is, if people have suddenly realised the ranking system isn't based on an average or what - but it's infuriating. Last game was absolutely horrible.


4 man blendette SWF (family shared was default), two of which were legacy, three insta-heals and a BNP, all running DS, BT, DH, Adrenaline and teabagging like crazy after every pallet against a low rank wraith. I told my friend it was a freak occurence, doesn't happen often. He queued again and got the exact same thing with a team of megs.


He has now refunded the game.


######### people will always exist, but the system that actively decides to match those players with new ones needs to be altered.

Comments

  • So, you're saying your friend went against a 4 man SWF, of which all of them were using familiy sharing and two of them had legacy cosmetics (despite using family sharing?)?


    And after 2 occurences, he refunded the game.


    Sounds legit.

  • Gonna need some receipts on this one to believe it honestly.

  • @Pizzaman @ClogWench yes because survivors would never do anything shady to exploit the SWF mode. Like survivors absolutely would not use the tutorial glitch into a SWF group to make the game think they were all rank 20.

  • Perhaps, but the odds of that very specific thing happening, and it being essentially every scummy tactic combined (ie absolute worst case scenario), and happening twice consecutively with different groups, gonna be honest it sounds unlikely.

  • @Pizzaman said:

    So, you're saying your friend went against a 4 man SWF, of which all of them were using familiy sharing and two of them had legacy cosmetics (despite using family sharing?)?

    And after 2 occurences, he refunded the game.

    Sounds legit.

    Please re-read the post.

    Only one of the SWF needs to be on the family shared account. The others can team with him to bully the low rank user. I literally said the Rank 20 was default.

  • @ClogWench said:

    Gonna need some receipts on this one to believe it honestly.

    Yes, I waste my time making up false stories on forums for attention from 5-10 people tops.

    I am not here to prove anything, I want a solution.

    A system that takes the player with the highest rank and matches the group against killers of that rank would be ideal, but even an average of the group would be better.

    The game should never place a Rank 20 against 3 red ranks just because there is also a single Rank 20 in the match.

  • @ClogWench said:

    Perhaps, but the odds of that very specific thing happening, and it being essentially every scummy tactic combined (ie absolute worst case scenario), and happening twice consecutively with different groups, gonna be honest it sounds unlikely.

    Is it though? This community isn't exactly made up of the paragons of humanity. When MoM was intinally released it was every one after another of everyone using it to bully killers.

  • How can you refund a game which you got family shared and never bought? Hard to believe your story honestly.

  • @martin27 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/582790#Comment_582790

    Is it though? This community isn't exactly made up of the paragons of humanity. When MoM was intinally released it was every one after another of everyone using it to bully killers.

    There's a broad difference between one perk and whats described here. Once I can understand. Twice before immediately getting rid of the game? That sounds made up to me.

  • @ClogWench said:

    Perhaps, but the odds of that very specific thing happening, and it being essentially every scummy tactic combined (ie absolute worst case scenario), and happening twice consecutively with different groups, gonna be honest it sounds unlikely.


    I should have specified that the second time they were red rank, they weren't using insta-heals or legacy skins at all. I meant they had also used a Rank 20 teammate to bully low rank players. I guess that's on me. See, the point of this post isn't the story but the problem. Crazy, huh?

  • @DaS_only said:

    How can you refund a game which you got family shared and never bought? Hard to believe your story honestly.


    I literally have no words. Please go and re-read the post.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/582805#Comment_582805

    There's a broad difference between one perk and whats described here. Once I can understand. Twice before immediately getting rid of the game? That sounds made up to me.


    Brilliant! Believe that I made the story up then. Because that's what I do in my free time, apparently. I literally do not care.

    I want a solution to the problem.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/582790#Comment_582790

    I should have specified that the second time they were red rank, they weren't using insta-heals or legacy skins at all. I meant they had also used a Rank 20 teammate to bully low rank players. I guess that's on me. See, the point of this post isn't the story but the problem. Crazy, huh?

    That's more believable then. Either way yes, you are right that a rank 20 should under no circumstance be matched against a rank 1

  • They are fixing the issue by making it use the overall average of the swf ranks instead of how it is now.

    I personally think it should be matched off the best ranked player and not the average of them all.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    They are fixing the issue by making it use the overall average of the swf ranks instead of how it is now.

    I personally think it should be matched off the best ranked player and not the average of them all.

    Ah, really? I must have missed that. I agree, it should be the highest ranked. At least now the worst case scenario is bullying a Rank 10 instead of 20. It's still bad, but it's better.

  • There are common sense fixes to SWF that can be made without ruining the SWF experience.

    Matchmaking goes off the highest rank in the group. This would obviously come with changes to deranking.

    Limits on certain items. My group went into a trial with 4 Brand New Parts the other day. Why is that possible? I've gone against 3 and 4 instaheals before. That's almost a guaranteed loss for the killer from the menu screen when you couple those with Adrenaline.

    Those two things alone would go a long way towards making SWF less of a chore for killers. Comms already speed the game up considerably from a generator efficiency standpoint. It's not that SWF are better players. It's that the other 3 know immediately when someone is being chased and can hammer away at gens. They know when someone is going for the save without wasting a perk slot on Kindred. Etc.

  • @Pizzaman and @ClogWench I've been saying this for a long time now. I've gotten more than 20 people to join this game, all of whome quit after being on the business end of both survivors and killers who exploit the system and get a kick out of obliterating new players. All of them thought the game could be a lot of fun, but not worth the amount of grief you get from skilled players who intentionally get matched vs new players just to be toxic.

    I thought it was overreaction at first until my coworkers had me watch 2 hours of their gameplay. Roughly 40% of their matches were like that. Absolutely unacceptable for a company to allow their new players to be harassed like that in what is a casual party game. Can't keep new players like this.

    And don't think it's just survivors who do it. The amount of rank 19 killers with all t3 perks and a mastery of nurse/Billy are surprisingly high.

  • Yeah... When they put in the new match making they tossed the rule about taking the average of the ranks in the SWF lobby. So now it is back to what it was over 2 years ago where you can have the lowest rank member make the lobby and you'll be matched with low rank killers.


    Check out the last developer update they are going to put it back to using the average... LULS


    I made a post about it when noticed the SWF change in the update.


    So curious... -- I've was given the impression... Way back when..


    It still doesn't solve the issue, they should now make it take the highest rank in the SWF lobby. IMO.

    We had it for over two years using the average rank, so now they should make it take the highest.


    @twistedmonkey It was already done 2 years ago and they broke it. They put it in the Developer Update like it was some new idea or something.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/582811#Comment_582811

    I literally have no words. Please go and re-read the post.

    "He has now refunded the game."

    What is this supposed to mean then?

  • While I'm not sure about the "My friend had a situation", matchmaking is very odd when it comes to SWF (almost like the game wasnt built with it in mind)

    Simply pairing with one lower rank can make the killers you go against tremendously easier. A team of red ranks can have a rank 19 in the group and they will still find Rank 15 killers.

  • SWF should get matched with the highest ranked member of the group, as some people have been saying.

    DC's shouldn't depip people, in order to prevent deranking.

    Once a certain ranking treshold has been reached, the player should never derank past that point, especially in rank resets. I think the tresholds should be R15 and R10, at least.

    There should be a newcomer-only special rank, determined by hours invested on each role. Let's say, 50 hours of game time. No one can play there anymore if they are over 50 hours.