FPS issues post 2.0.0
Hello everyone!
We have noticed a large response after the 2.0.0 update about FPS drops, mainly on console.
Please answer this post with details like
- Which platform are you playing on?
- What map were you playing on?
- What side were you playing (killer / survivor)?
- What killer was in the game?
- What actions (ie: dropping a pallet, using a power) were you doing when you experienced the FPS drop?
- Any other useful information!
Anything not related to this topic will be deleted.
Thank you for your input!
Comments
Xbox One S
All Killers: When you hit a survivor or run around in circles it makes it almost imposible to land a hit, FPS drop in huntress thowing axes, nurses blinks, hag teleports, doctor general walking in treatment mode.
Survivor: Only playings vs freedy when he puts you to sleep, and huntress when you get a hatchet
All Maps especially, corn maps or swamp.
Is all of this info doing anything ?
we need 60fps for xbox x. This game look and run amazing on xbox x but its terrible. Frame drops on ps4 have gotten worse for me also. Freesync ? We should have it
Platform - PC
Map(s) - Shelter Woods, Fractured Cowshed, Wretched Shop
Role - Both
Killers - Experienced with all Killers
Actions - Just being on the map
Ever since 2.0.0 I've been having way worse framerates on these maps. If I look towards the middle in Shelter, I go down to 11 FPS. If I look at the ground or towards an edge, I go back up to around 30.
Same goes for Cowshed and Shop. I have a really bad laptop but framerates overall have went down even further. Shelter Woods used to be around 20 FPS but it goes down to 9-13 a LOT more than before. It's borderline unplayable. More maps have been affected but these are the main culprits.
Does anyone know if submitting all this information is actually helping anything? I'm tired of missing hits on survivors and struggling to keep up in these unnecessarily long chases that are costing me games. When survivors attemp to 360 or zig zag they basically teleport. It's infuriating. Especially when they tbag the exits and you know if it wasn't for playing at 5 fps you'd have killed them. Like i said before Xbox one, all maps, especially when attacking, but happens when just walking around too. I love this game but it's hard to keep playing with these issues.
Xbox one.
All maps.
All killers.
Everything is choppy and low horrible fps.
At me on a PC the fps became almost the same as before the update 2.0. Thanks for the fix.
At me on a PC the fps became almost the same as before the update 2.0. Thanks for the fix.// for me too.
im still mad that the pallet glitches aren't fixed yet on the xbox one. i been playing since october last year 2017 and experiencing heavy pallet glitches such as forcing me through the pallet to the other side after dropping it and glitching through it when the killer grabs me. You guys been fixing other stuff but never seemed to fix the pallet glitches. I used to play everynight including during the day sometimes but now im starting to give up on playing due to all the changes thats been made and still having to deal with the same glitches over and over again. Another big issue is finding a killer online with my friends in public lobbies THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!
coldwind farm
survivor
trapper
i got hit by the killer
it was in a closed area
The Game, Coldwind Farm (I think, the cornfield), others too but I don't remember specifics.
As others have said, fog, fire, and effects like Doctor electricity and Clown smoke seem to make things worse.
All Doctor effects in Treatment such as floor and edge of screen electric.
As Survivor the Doctor effects caused drops making Snap Out Of It extremely hard to hit the skill check, the edge of screen electric and Doctor 'face' that appears when missing the skill check.
I would love an option to turn as many things off as possible so my old ps4 can maximise fps.
I have even tried using default skins in the hope of finding smoother FPS without things like glowing eyes cosmetics or electric on Doctors weapon.
I made a report earlier in the thread just after the patch was released on PS4 - it was the first game I had played and it was painful to play as killer.
Weird thing is that was the only game I had any problems - its been fine since. Well fine as in the same as it was before.....could still do with a few more FPS.
I play on PC.
OG X1
Games near unplayable now as killers. I'm a Leatherface main atm and couldn't hit water in the ocean if I wanted to let alone a survivor. Just swinging the hammer wrecks the fps. In the rare event I do get a hit the fps dips so bad they'll get away anyway and the scratch marks are gone. Seems the worse maps are the cornfield ones.
Even the match results screen is a big stuttering mess.
Xbox One
Autohaven Wrecker
Survivor
Hillbilly
Animation delay while dropping a pallet in the injured state after I dropped the pallet he teleported to the other side of the pallet then teleported back to the other side
PC
Badham Preschool (In the school and especially in the boiler room exclusively)
Killer
Wraith (but from what I've seen the killer I'm playing as doesn't effect anything)
I was simply chasing survivors and FPS became unbearable. Not using my power, no pallets being dropped, just regular movement.
All maps with surviover
I cant play anymore. Fix it! I buy the new skin for Meg today... and i cant play. The fps drops to 0 all 5-10 sec. Its Not nice. Its unplayble.
PS4 Pro
Red Forest
Doctor
When start chase and get bloodlust up a tier/found a survivor. Just not fun time playing doctor on that map.
Here I am again. Informations above was about 2.0.0.
It's 2.1.0 now and my problems are in Autoheaven and Coldwild Farms. (all of both maps)
When a survivor hits decisive, I get frozen for 1 ou 2 seconds.
When survivor is being consumed/ by the entity (dead), the sound of it gives me FPS drops aswell.
Is the sound of some actions of the game an issue, maybe? I see people posting about FPS drops when a chase starts, when hooking someone etc.
Xbox One
Every Map
Every Killer/Every Survivor
Killer: Hitting a Survivor, lunging and hooking
Survivor: Getting exposed e.g NOED/Hex: Ruin and getting hit (sometimes)
PC
Every map
Every Killer/Every Survivor
Any action ( too often while shifting/running) , on killer all action
in the beginning of the game I have 90-101 fps , after 3 min i got drops from 101 to 74-48 fps
Gtx 1060 6gb , intel i7-7700HQ , 16GB
PC specs:
Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.2GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 (latest driver 398.82)
32 GB RAM
Win 10 Home 64bit
Edit: I even get severe framedrops when placing a trap on the floor with the Trapper. Framerate jumps from 60 down to 24 or something after the screen froze for 1/2 to 1 second. Unplayable.
Happens too, when winding up a hatchet with the huntress. This list could go on and on and on.
Edit 2: I lowered the overall quality from "ultra" to "high" now and that kinda fixed most of the frame drops mentioned above. Still I get those frame drops when bloodlust kicks in (even on high). It´s kind of embarrassing, that my machine can´t handle DBD on ultra... what does that say about the game? I wonder...
PS4. Various maps.Playing with survivor frame drop/lag moves back and forth, left to right(especially inside building hallways and in the first 30-60 seconds of the match on any map). Dropping pallets- survivors steps back/killer ends up being on the other end =free hit. Hillbily frame drop during chainsaw sprint. Doctor in treatment mode. Various killers frame drop during the chase.
System: PC
Map(s):Springwood Preschool | & | Haddonfield
Side: Killer
Character:The Clown
Doing: Chasing survivors, turning too quickly, vaulting - just about anything.
Issue: Significant fps drops. Going from a constant 75 to a sudden drop and then back up. Was fine pre-patch.
Killer: bloodlust gain produces large frame drops especially when going through a cornfield. Survivors that finish the dream transition with Freddy cause massive frame drops for Freddy. Playing Michael and entering tier 3 causes massive frame drops. When I was playing clown on the game the frames were dropping nonstop especially when a survivor entered the gas cloud. Playing Wraith when using windstorm and on an autohaven map causes frame loss. Throwing hatchets causes small frame loss. Doc lags whenever using his treatment. When playing pig lunging causes frame loss from time to time.
Survivors: when noed activates once a survivor is hit causes frame rate loss. When using dead hard on coldwind farm framerate drops. On Crotus Prenn when someone with leader comes close to you activating leader frames drop. Getting hit while sprint burst activates at the same time dropped the frames for me on haddonfield. Adrenaline activating and getting hit causes frame drop. Happened on coldwind. Ripping someone off a hook and getting make your choice to activate on you causes massive frame drops. When getting hit by a hatchet with status effects frames drop. When thanatophobia activates frames drop.
I hope at least the big frame drop issues with bloodlust, killer powers activating, cornfields, UI Status/hex/exhaustion activation with damage gets fixed soon for console it sucks. Goodluck
Which platform are you playing on?
What map were you playing on?
What side were you playing (killer / survivor)?
What killer was in the game?
What actions (ie: dropping a pallet, using a power) were you doing when you experienced the FPS drop?
Any other useful information!
Current GPU driver: 398.82
Internet Speed: 250 MBs Download and 50 MBs Upload (Constant speeds and Connection)
-PC
-mostly happens on newer maps, like the meatplant or the preschool (maps with a lot of details)
-i only recognized them on the killer side yet (i dont play a lot of survivor)
-happens a lot to my doc, but it can happen to any killer i play
-mostly just entering a new part of the map, but also when i use my powers e.g. switch off to punishment mode for doc EDIT: and after i hit people.
-these lags seem to affect the survivors aswell, since their game also has freezes at the same time as mine has (i have been called a "lagswitcher" a lot of the times that happened .-. )
PS4
Wraith as I played him on various maps almost every. Getting worse after uncloacking but it is noticable while being cloacked too. But nver had issues like with any other killer
PS4
all maps really
survivor and killer (killer mostly during blood lust)
Freddy is really bad during dream transition
Xbox One X - When bloodlust actives the FPS drops, when a killer hits you the fps drops, all maps
Both sides
Doctor games
Whatever I or Doctor do , I get really horrible fps drops , sometimes game just freezes for like 10 sec , I never had this issue until 2.0
PlayStation 4.
Killer side only.
Every map except Coldwinds.
It drops most of the time, especially when in a chase and trying to lunge attack. When bloodlust activates it freezes for 1 second.
พยาบาล
พยาบาลทั้งหมดในระหว่าง แทงบอลออนไลน์ การกะพริบเป็นอย่างมากและหลังจากที่เชื่อมโยงไปถึงกะพริบกรอบทำให้มันยากที่จะอ่านการเคลื่อนไหวของผู้รอดชีวิต การหมุนมีความเบาบางปานกลาง ในขณะที่ผู้รอดชีวิตแต่ละคนเสียชีวิตลงเล็กน้อย มีเธรดที่ผ่านมาหลายฉบับบอกว่าเธอไม่สามารถเล่นหรือเล่นได้ยากในคอนโซล
All maps (under 30 fps)
While playing survivor
Lag spikes happen when:
Adrenaline Triggers
An exhaustion perk Triggers
Also as The Shape,when:tiering up,swinging,activating bloodlust,(i don’t really use NOED but still)when NOED triggers and when a gen is done.
Consoles are not powerful enough to handle the unoptimised dead by daylight.
I have a gtx 1060 and still have problems with lag, lol.
Platform: PC
Lag: Clown particle effects, Freddys basement, New Cosmetcis, Whenever an icon is not precached and CACHED during the game (as a professional game dev studio, how is this even possible to forget? xD)
PS4-Pro. I don't experience dropped FPS much, but one thing I have noticed is that PS4 has the option of going into "rest mode", which leaves the game running in the background. This means that the games continue to run, and I have a concern that DbD may have a memory leak, because if I continue to play DbD over a period of days w/o actually closing it I experience more FPS drops, and jittery behavior throughout the game. Closing the game, and reopening it typically solves the problem.
Xbox one
Every map and game so far
Played as wraith
Nothing triggers it, I can count the frames like a stop motion animation, even in the end when it's giving me XP.
PS4 Pro
Mother's Dwelling
Playing as the Trapper
Framerate on this map overall seems worse than other's, making it near impossible to chase people because quick turns become janky mess, large frame drops also occur whenever pallets fall
PS4
Father Campbell's Chapel
Killer
The Hag
Teleporting
FPS issues persisted when I returned to the main menu after the game had finished.
every killer every map. fps plummeting even on survivor its very difficult to judge distance on both killer /survivor. Tracking is literally very difficult. Ive spent plenty of money on this game i love it but jesus help console dbd. Its hard to watch streamers on pc with literally not even have half the problems console has yet yall still pump out content people want to see legitimate performance progress.matchmaking on console also is so bad ive been playing other games way more. Because its not fun to wait in a swf lobby for 10 mins average. Pls Help
PC
Every map aside of the default ones (McMillan, Autohaven, etc)
Survivor, Killer is 100% fine
Doctor, Spirit, and Hag
Running, just pressing the shift key dropped a lot of fps
Skillchecks running at 9 fps lol