Developer Update & DC punishment

This also gives us an opportunity to strengthen the way we handle disconnections. Survivors who disconnect from a match will leave a “husk” behind. The Killer can then hook and sacrifice this husk to receive the points- and perk tokens where applicable- that they would have earned had the Survivor continued playing. Additionally, the other Survivors in the match will receive a quitter bonus to compensate for losing a teammate. Should a Killer disconnect, the match will immediately end, and the remaining Survivors will receive emblem points assuming they had healed and escaped the trial, keeping any items and add-ons they have equipped. Any offerings used will be refunded if the match is cancelled shortly after starting.


Thanks for listening. Love it.

Comments

  • This is good and fair for everybody, thank you!

  • I loved, among other things, two upcoming news in particular, namely the allocation of points based on the duration of survival in the trial and the increasing lock-out based on the number of disconnections, two reforms that I passionately advocated in recent months of participation in the forum. Thank you so much. :D

  • I love you sempai BHVR.

  • How fast will this ramp up? I have a friend who DC's a lot right now on PS4; and I'm hoping he gets severely punished by this after the first couple times so he stops doing it. Especially since it affects SWF now.

    @Peanits

  • @Redd said:

    How fast will this ramp up? I have a friend who DC's a lot right now on PS4; and I'm hoping he gets severely punished by this after the first couple times so he stops doing it. Especially since it affects SWF now.

    @Peanits

    The exact details for the time aren't set in stone just yet. We'll be sure to strike a balance between being lenient enough that you aren't punished for a legitimate issue, but strict enough that you won't want to intentionally disconnect unless it's an absolute emergency.

  • Please make it at least an hour after some point. 15 minutes is them making me stream a killer game.

    @Peanits

  • @Redd said:

    How fast will this ramp up? I have a friend who DC's a lot right now on PS4; and I'm hoping he gets severely punished by this after the first couple times so he stops doing it. Especially since it affects SWF now.

    @Peanits

    What kind of friend you are?

  • One who isn't willing to let personal bias get in the way of how he feels about the matter?

  • Amazing! Thank you so much. No longer need to worry about survivors disconnecting and losing out on 100% BBQ BPs.

  • I'm the kind of friend who doesn't want half my games ruined because someone is overly salty about something stupid. I'm also the kind of friend who doesn't want to have to wait out a ban timer several times in a row because someone can't behave. Finally, I'm the kind of friend who gives a ######### about ruining the game for random people on the internet.

  • @Redd said:

    I'm the kind of friend who doesn't want half my games ruined because someone is overly salty about something stupid. I'm also the kind of friend who doesn't want to have to wait out a ban timer several times in a row because someone can't behave. Finally, I'm the kind of friend who gives a ######### about ruining the game for random people on the internet.

    Not all heroes wear capes.

    Disregard this if you're wearing a cape. Although that would be weird.

  • @Redd said:

    I'm the kind of friend who doesn't want half my games ruined because someone is overly salty about something stupid. I'm also the kind of friend who doesn't want to have to wait out a ban timer several times in a row because someone can't behave. Finally, I'm the kind of friend who gives a ######### about ruining the game for random people on the internet.

    how dare you be a decent human being 🙄

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564608#Comment_564608

    Not all heroes wear capes.

    Disregard this if you're wearing a cape. Although that would be weird.

    The only weird ones are the people who think they are normal.

    Edit: Real talk, a colleague of mine at my old job sincerely thought he was the only "normal" person at our office. My reasoning was that that made him the only really weird one.

  • Real real talk: @Peanits Are we going to have to wait for dedicated servers to get the husk thing? B/c that seems like that could work without the new punishments.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564597#Comment_564597

    One who isn't willing to let personal bias get in the way of how he feels about the matter?

    Wanting to see your friend punished ,doesn't matter for a good reason or not, is wrong.

  • @Redd said:

    I'm the kind of friend who doesn't want half my games ruined because someone is overly salty about something stupid. I'm also the kind of friend who doesn't want to have to wait out a ban timer several times in a row because someone can't behave. Finally, I'm the kind of friend who gives a ######### about ruining the game for random people on the internet.

    If you care more about random people on the internet than your friend...I dont even know what to tell you.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564598#Comment_564598

    Wanting to see your friend punished ,doesn't matter for a good reason or not, is wrong.

    No, it's not. If I find out my friend is a thief, I want him punished. Our friendship isn't more important than my morals.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564608#Comment_564608

    If you care more about random people on the internet than your friend...I dont even know what to tell you.

    So if you were friends with John Wilkes Booth and knew what he was planning, you wouldn't warn Lincoln?

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564598#Comment_564598

    Wanting to see your friend punished ,doesn't matter for a good reason or not, is wrong.

    No it is not. If someone does something worthy of being punished, it is fair to want to see them getting fairly punished. Being your friend should not factor into the equation.

    @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/564711#Comment_564711

    So if you were friends with John Wilkes Booth and knew what he was planning, you wouldn't warn Lincoln?

    No, because Lincoln would get mad at me for being a snitch and rat me out to JWB. :(

  • As vocally critical as I am against a lot of decisions devs make, this one I really appreciate. Thanks guys