Stuck at 3 Survivors
Okay, this is purely anecdotal evidence, but I feel like I've observed this phenomena enough times to believe there is a basis behind it. Lobbies get stuck at 3 survivors. Time and time again I've seen this. You have 3 survivors in a lobby, I've readied up. Survivors have all readied up. And then we are all stuck in lobby wait hell. After 5 minutes, eventually some says "screw this" and leaves. With in 20 seconds that player is replaced. And we are all stuck in lobby hell again.
Why doesn't the matchmaking prioritize games missing one player over other lobbies? This is absurd. The number of games played would increase dramatically if the matchmaking properly did this. Matchmaking should prioritize by the number of missing players > total lobby wait time. Therefore the lobbies with one missing player who have been waiting the longest would have top priority. If you tell me that the matchmaking already does this I'll scream because I know it isn't true.
Comments
3 man lobby is a well known bug in dbd, it was gone but it came back few days before the bh
Yeah, the bugged 3-man lobby thing is really annoying. I'm seeing it a lot. I wait forever to get a lobby on PS4, then I end up with a bugged lobby and have to dump it and wait forever for a new one, again.
I've hardly been playing at all the past few days. The matches are shorter than the time spent waiting.
If it is a bug then they should clearly make an effort to resolve it quickly. This is having a terrible impact on the game. I have often walked away from the game for a day after spending 30 minutes looking for a single match.
I have noticed this a bit and playing in swf I think I know the true cause. I have loaded in swf games (Lightweight not tryhards) with a few friends. If one of us has really bad ping the lobby will generally load for two of us then we wait for the final person or whatever to load in. However, survivors are currently getting the infinite load bug. From my understanding the Killer's Lobby is holding on to waiting for that person to connect. However, due to infinite load it does not ever load in. Since the spot is technically 'taken' it is not gonna sort another player into your lobby.
Don't wait more than like 30-60 seconds with 3 survivors. It's almost guaranteed to be bugged.
@brokedownpalace Normally, I would do just that. But lately as a killer, it takes 5+ minutes just to make a lobby. I don't know if that is a bug or a "feature", but I hate it. I'd much rather just wait in an empty lobby for 5 minutes than wait 5 minutes just to make a lobby. So I keep baiting myself into waiting hoping that I'll get a 4th survivor rather than wait another 5+ minutes just to make a lobby.
Two years later still not fixed.
I like waiting 5+ min for lobby only to realize I have to wait another 5+ min...
The 3 man lobby bug wouldn't be as bad if I didn't also spend 10 minutes as killer waiting to FIND a lobby in the first place.
@ClogWench Exactly. You would think this would be a top priority as it is impacting so many players negatively.
I feel like this bug will go on until the end of time :/