Why do people defend moris and insta-heals?

Both of these are OP but I see some people defending, why?

Comments

  • Did it ever occur to you that some of us like that challenge?

  • @FrenziedRoach true but some people say they’re balanced and I just don’t get it.

  • They're supposed to be balanced by their rarity.

    But thinking about it, everything is cheaper than they were when the game was released - but I'm not sure if the rarity rates on the ultra-rares were ever adjusted to compensate for the face you can burn through more nodes in the web for far less. If not, we may need to suggest their drop rates get changed.

  • I'm only guilty with insta-heals because some survivors can be pretty stupid (and I have one friend that I actually just use them on because he insists on getting chased all the time). But it's not often enough to be a travesty if they were gone. I don't mind moris, it's just that people fall into tunneling and that's annoying. If you earned the kill, then cool you can have it.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    They're supposed to be balanced by their rarity.

    But thinking about it, everything is cheaper than they were when the game was released - but I'm not sure if the rarity rates on the ultra-rares were ever adjusted to compensate for the face you can burn through more nodes in the web for far less. If not, we may need to suggest their drop rates get changed.

    Insta-heals and moris are common in my experience. Making them rarer would be a good idea.

    @FrenziedRoach

  • They just need to be rarer I have 653 ebonies 305 instas 105 BNPS 432 Purple Flash lights

  • If they're not gonna nerf them then they should make them rarer and more expensive.

  • I wouldn't mind a trade-in system. Basically just selling an item back for bps.

  • Ye I don't think either are balanced.


  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    They just need to be rarer I have 653 ebonies 305 instas 105 BNPS 432 Purple Flash lights

    It's ironic that the least you have belongs to the most worthless rare.

  • I don't use both, same to iri heads from Huntress

    Both boring

  • @Pike_Trickfoot said:

    I wouldn't mind a trade-in system. Basically just selling an item back for bps.

    I’d love that, I’d sell all my items minus common and uncommon toolboxes, I also have prayer Beads to sell. :D

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/546260#Comment_546260

    It's ironic that the least you have belongs to the most worthless rare.

    Yea that kinda is funny isn't it XD

  • Keys are more akin to moris like somebody said in the other thread. Instas can really screw up the little momentum you had in a difficult match but there's still a chance to come back from it unlike multiple people getting a free hatch escape.

  • @her_boytoy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/546252#Comment_546252

    but see, its not about if the kill was earned, its not about if anything was earned for any side over any issue using any item, add-on, perk, offering... etc. its all fun because it all can happen regardless just like how it would if the game was reality. the emotions the game provokes from you are enjoyable, all of them, the joy of killing every single survivor, the rage of a hatch play that robbed you of two kills, those are just two examples. all of them are great to experience because it's authentic like that, it is real like that.

    We play games to have fun. No. We play games to suspend reality and do things we can't do in real life either because times have changed or because it doesn't work like that. Humans no longer can fight and kill without punishment so we have built digital servers where we can combine that blood lust with the wonder and intrigue of magic or tech, selecting our favorite flavors out of the line up of the thousands of different genres and niche tastes.

    If we only felt the emotions that we view as positive from video games, that medium would cease to contain its humanity. For many if not all, that would mean the loss of the entire appeal. Our fantasy worlds that we created would feel so fake without the authentic soul that comes with our emotion. Making them would no longer be an art form. To put it simple, it would loose all of its color.

    At the end of the day, your view on how the kill should be earned is just an example of well the system is working. You have an opinion on how things "should" be. You interacted with this medium and came away with a thought and a belief, probably more than once. That is fantastic. I hope you get to rest in more feelings now, maybe ones that come from understanding and acceptance as well. We can learn from everywhere.

    Not the way I would of put it.

    Prefer my experience in this game as my way of experiencing the darkness of the human condition in a place where nobody actually gets harmed.

    The thrill of the hunt, the thrill of being hunted.

    Do you put your own survival above others when the chips are really down?

    And it doesn't get more authentic than when a Mori or NOED is in play from either side.

  • Why do people defend them?

    Because not everyone wants to pick apart every aspect of the other sides perks/addons/offerings. They just want to play the game.