Does Rank Matter And Do I Need To Be Ranked?
So I just got the game a few days ago, and I apologize if this question is stupid.
I started upgrading through an online rank, and tbh I was really dumb and thought that no matter what, my rank would always improve. It didn't matter if I won or lost games, just that I completed them and don't disconnect like a lot of the people I've seen around.
But then I hit rank 15/14 (i keep falling back into fifteen) and I started coming across some really toxic people. People in groups because I'll get hate from more than one survivor (i main killers). I'm slightly confused as to why they are being toxic, as I don't think I've given them a reason. I do not camp the hooks like some killers have done to me (that is so annoying). One group was really mad at me because I used a mori on someone who was a foot from escaping out the gate. They said I should've let him out because of how close he was, but that's not the game.
So anyways, people are accused me about my rank being more important than being fair and letting people escape. It was then that I noticed I can drop rank again. I also noticed that I'm being put in with groups that are all in parties and such.
I'm just wondering, does my rank matter at all? People seem to focus on it a lot when hating, so does it have some importance? Do you get like a prize depending on rank at the end of the season? And is there a way for me to turn off ranked? So I don't get paired with the people that rage about getting killed a foot from escaping? Like I'm here to have fun, not rank. So can I somehow turn it off?
Comments
long answer:
https://youtu.be/dHRbYja1K-oshort answer: no
Ignore the video above, it's highly inaccurate.
Rank does matter. A rank 1 will generally be playing much better than a rank 15.
There is no way to play unranked and there are no rank rewards.
Rank is not the be all and end all of skill, but it does matter somewhat. The problem is that people derank, and the more they derank, the less rank matters.
It doesn't matter you don't want to get to R1 it's more of a punishment than a reward tbh I would know cause I am stuck there even when I don't try ): New players: I want to get to rank one that's my goal it seems like fun! Veteran players: rank one is hell and I almost feel like deranking
@DrowsyGhostFace It does matter. Groups like to derank themselves to harass newer killers because they like to bully and post it on youtube. The rank system helps seperate survivors (Rank 15-20 who crouch in the open thinking they can't be seen) from Rank 1-4 (That will crush you super quick or just gen rush you to oblivion). It helps you increase your skill and learn from your mistakes instead of getting super hard killers or super hard survivors really early on. Nothing like getting 3 hooked in 1 minute by a good killer when you just played 1 match, right? That is what rank is for but again, a lot of swfs derank themselves to bully new killers.
Sadly, there is no way to turn it off. Rank 15 is definitely when survivors do know what they are doing. There are great sections to these ranks, but I personally wish there was a separate casual and rank mode. The rank mode tries to stick you to your efficiency to play style, and rank 15 is the time when people realize they can Survive With Friends. (SWF) Honestly, just ignore the toxic players, rank really doesn't tell how truly a person plays. There is a thing called a "Boosted" survivor, when a survivor gains rank just by luck and teammates. Just learn the game and ignore the chat if they are hateful, everyone in Dead by Daylight has experienced these guys before. Good luck ;)
(PS- Personally, I think if I say stereotypes of ranks-)
Gray Ranks- 17-20-
Just learning the game, they are usually potatoes and more likely to blow up generators. Also, they don't know about noise notifications, mwah ha ha. And most don't know that killers can see scratch marks and also have perks. Also, some will even throw down pallets without killer even being anywhere nearby. Also thanks to tutorial, survivors will try to unhook themselves sadly.
Yellow Ranks- 13-16
When SWF starts becoming more active. These guys are better and will tend to unhook survivors top priority. Also, some will sadly begin trailing down the toxic path here. More corner healings can be seen here. Generally most survivors are sufficient here but not enough growth in chases. Pallets will also be learned, but these guys will camp pallets. Some will try to window juke more often here too.
Green Ranks- (9-12) (Where I am now)
Here, survivors are much better at chases and where Meta perks will begin to emerge. People are very efficient usually, though unhooking is no longer top priority until at least one generator is done. Here, survivors will learn all the possible types of killers there can be. (Lag switchers, Campers, etc) More jukes and loops will be present in these ranks.
Don't know Purple and Red Ranks other than they seem focused and chill. Good luck in your games :)
Oh ok thank you! I wasn't sure
Alright thanks. I am average I'd say, not the best but not the worst either. I'm probably a better survivor than killer, but I'm having fun as killer xD
Haha and I'm the noob player like "id rather not have rank at all" xD No way do I want to be rank one when I'm already getting put against pretty annoying groups! I'd rather hang out at the near-bottom lol
I strongly suggest you to stay within the yellow/green bracket.
Much better games, less toxicity.
Red ranks equal few BP in a game 14-17k on average, with gens popping left and right and a ton of toxicity, stay away from that trap.
Also Red Ranks people say they see the same people all the time. :O
Thank you very much, and I will do so. As I said, I'm here to have fun! Not run around sweating and stressing over my rank! I'll remain in the 14-15 rank area and remain content and happy. xD
I've played so many games where I stressed about rank, ie For Honor, R6S, and I want to move away from that mindset now. Just have fun. So I'll hang out at the bottom end of ranked quite happily!
what's inaccurate about it? there are bad players in high ranks and good players in low ranks and vice versa.
That's also what I do, I am very chill as a killer, once I get my 4 bbq stacks and I have optimised my blood points you are free to leave and most survivors don't really harass you at yellow ranks.
I am not interested in becoming a world class player in DBD, I also like to chill and enjoy few matches with a cold one
Cheers for us chill killers XD (Rank 19 killer, but because I don't hook people. My most sinful action as killer was letting a baby Dwight bleed out. ;.;)
And that is a statement I would agree with.
Just because there are some bad players at high ranks and there are some good players at low ranks does not mean rank doesn't matter.
A high rank will "generally" be better, which means it does matter.
I wish it were only "some" people not in their correct rank bracket. it's amazing how many awful teammates you can find in red ranks
You do see a lot of the same people..which can be good or bad lol
Does Rank matter in CS:GO?
Does Rank matter in LoL?
Does Rank matter in Chess?
Does "Rank" matter in your Job?
It all depends on how YOU see it :) If you dont care about the rank, then it does not, if you care, then it does.
If you want my personal opinion: It does a little bit. For me, green ranks are boring, so i wanna be in purple at least. Red Ranks are to triedhard and personally i wanna relax at least a bit when i play.
Oh and by the way.. you dont get anything if you reach a certain rank. And even if you would, it would not really matter, since it would just a cosmetic item in a Videogame, which could matter... or could not.. :P
Definitely a big difference between an adorable baby Dwight and a 5 armed Invisible Claudette with flashlights that gives off nightmares to all killers.
It's true, but on average you will still have much, much better teammates in red rank than in say green for example. This is why unlike for killers, as a survivor the games get easier the higher rank you get.
Oh thank you! This is very detailed and helpful!! I did notice I had an easier time of it under 15 xD and then they started figuring out how to do the generators better and looping me. I get annoyed when I get looped, but it's more rewarding if i can catch them! xD
Also they've started camping the back door exit when I hook the second-to-last survivor, and I keep losing my mori!
Haha I think the most frustrating thing for me is when I have a mori, and the team does their hardest to prevent me from using it. Like I just played a game moments ago with my first mori, and 2 players escaped, the last two were definitely in a group. I downed one, waited for the other to escape, but she hid somewhere on the map. The downed one crawled for the exit and I kept picking her up and carrying her back away from it and dropping her. She had too much time and I ended up having her squirm out of my arms and I lost my mori. Argh so frustrating. : ' (
The struggles or moris XD