"Hahaha easy escape baby killer!"

That's the message I had to read after winning at 5 gens left. The hatch spawned right next to the last survivor (who was downed) while I hooked the 3rd survivor. Thanks devs for that free escape mechanic. Always nice to get punished after dominating the game.


EDIT (question): Why can a downed survivor even escape through the hatch? While downed you can't use a key to open- and escape via the hatch so being downed shouldn't allow you to interact with the hatch either.

Comments

  • @Visionmaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530768#Comment_530768

    You ask me like I'm the one doing it!

    But it sounded like attention seeking to me. People like downvoting people that whine about downvotes.

    Oh sorry, i wasnt meaning to sound like that. Please forgive my tone(?), i just find it interesting some people downvote a reply not linked to them

  • @Dokta_Carter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530771#Comment_530771

    Oh sorry, i wasnt meaning to sound like that. Please forgive my tone(?), i just find it interesting some people downvote a reply not linked to them

    Oh I said that jokingly.

    And actually, reading the thread more carefully, it was just instigating. People know that his comment is off-base and they began stroking their own egos (i.e. "I told you we should remove the hatch!" "Tsulan you're so right!" "Thanks I know I'm right, look at these h8rs"), which is enough of a reason for downvoting.

    And as you can see, the voting has started. Shame no one bothered to upvote my paragraphs of argument.

  • @Visionmaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530773#Comment_530773

    Oh I said that jokingly.

    And actually, reading the thread more carefully, it was just instigating. People know that his comment is off-base and they began stroking their own egos (i.e. "I told you we should remove the hatch!" "Tsulan you're so right!" "Thanks I know I'm right, look at these h8rs"), which is enough of a reason for downvoting.

    And as you can see, the voting has started. Shame no one bothered to upvote my paragraphs of argument.

    I rarely upvote tbh. Only when its one worthy of such. And tbh the hatch game is on point tbh. Its just luck of the draw of you catch my meaning

  • @Visionmaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530268#Comment_530268

    It's not about deserving. It's never about deserving. You keep making arguments steered toward philosophical entitlement and it's such an unhealthy and irrelevant way of viewing the game, its functions, and players.

    It's about balancing an asymmetrical game. Chances of survivor drops as the game progresses and survivors are eliminated. One less player reduces chances of survival exponentially and you can see this in the old 3-player games or matches with DCs in them. At one to two survivors left, the chances are so low, hatch is needed to provide a reason to keep playing.

    If you look at games in the same genre or style, none flat out eliminate survivors and prevent them from playing completely. Other games circumvent this by allowing survivors to participate while dead, giving survivors revival options, or allowing them to have a massive team. We have the hatch.

    If you take away the hatch, every game that doesn't power through 5 gens will literally be reduced to the last two survivors teabagging a hook waiting to die.

    With regards to BP, survivor BP gains are already lower than killers and killers benefit off of far more consistent and straight forward BP options. The hatch is insignificant.

    @Visionmaker I've been thinking that that's an issue this game has. Usually, in a multi-player game like this, players aren't taken completely out of the game when they die. Like people vs zombies, the zombie kills someone, now that person is a zombie, too. They're not out of the game, just playing a different part in it. They're still participating, they're still getting points, and they can laugh while on coms with their friends, "hahaha I'm coming to eat you!"

    Without that element in DbD, survivors are going to feel shafted when they're taken out of the game early. Right now, DbD definitely doesn't compensate for it, and I'm not sure if a game even can suitably compensate. What's a good way to say, "Sorry your fun was cut short, you got almost no points, you lost your item and add-ons, your offering was wasted, and you depipped"? Even people who are good at the game have bad matches where it feels like they were just unlucky. I don't think the hatch makes up for it, but you're right, it's what DbD has.

  • @Tsulan said:

    @all the people that downvoted my hatch removal proposal. Is there a similar mechanic for killers that I didn't knew? One that rewards utterly bad killers with 7000bp?

    But survivors deserve that escape, right? Like when one of the last 2 survivors doesn't do anything but search for the hatch and then camp it.

    @Tsulan I'm not saying it's a bad idea but just because you are the last person left does not mean you are a bad player. People can suicide on hook and DC at the beginning regardless of your ability.

    It does annoy me when a do nothing survivor gets it but it's a fair strategy if you play to survive. Leading the killer to them with bond is satisfying though 😂

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Tsulan but then we’d give survivors the same problem killers have(ruin being required) left behind would become required for solo players.

    @TreemanXD people ask all the time for equal treatment. I'm going a bit off topic here, in order to explain myself. For example, there was recently a thread about punishing killers for lobby dodging. People even went as far as asking for temp and perma bans. For LOBBY dodging.

    I pointed out, that why punish only killers? People answered that survivors don't lobby dodge, or that they dodge because of high ping. Killer dodging for high ping was an invalid reason for them.

    Double standards at its best.

    Or a few days ago a survivor complained about the following situation: 2 survivors were left, one tried to do gens, got found by the killer, looped him for awhile in the hope that the other survivor would do the last gen. Finally got downed and he sees the other survivor camping the hatch. That's unhealthy gameplay. One refusing to do the objective and dooming the other, because he found the free escape.

    Now back to your comment.

    Survivors are still using only 5 meta perks. Not the healing nerf, nor the DS nerf has changed anything about it. Would it really be so bad to have viable end game perks for survivors? Mix up the meta just a little bit by letting survivors use Left Behind, Diversion, Deja Vu and Technician?

  • @Oblitiry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530444#Comment_530444

    That's not fair at all ######### lol. OH wait you mean fair as in completely killer sided.

    Dude I'm glad your idea will never be a thing.

    @Oblitiry What is killer sided on requiring survivors to do their objective in order to escape?

    There is no mechanism that rewards a bad killer. However, there's one that rewards bad survivors and punishes the killer for playing good. How does this even make sense?

    Imagine that the killer is bad. 4 survivors are about to escape and the gate closes behind the third one. Giving the killer a free undeserved kill. Does that sound fair to you? Because that's exactly what the hatch is.

    Left Behind is a useless perk as of now. Because no one would bother to repair gens, while being the last survivor.

    I'm asking for equality, not double standards.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530537#Comment_530537

    @Oblitiry What is killer sided on requiring survivors to do their objective in order to escape?

    There is no mechanism that rewards a bad killer. However, there's one that rewards bad survivors and punishes the killer for playing good. How does this even make sense?

    Imagine that the killer is bad. 4 survivors are about to escape and the gate closes behind the third one. Giving the killer a free undeserved kill. Does that sound fair to you? Because that's exactly what the hatch is.

    Left Behind is a useless perk as of now. Because no one would bother to repair gens, while being the last survivor.

    I'm asking for equality, not double standards.

    You don't think bloodlust is a bad mechanic? You know, that band-aid fix that got implemented instead of fixing the maps like everyone demanded.

  • If it makes you feel any better I got to actually watch the hope drain from a Bill's face as I stomped the hatch closed on him when he thought he'd pull me into a hatch stand-off just as his friend died. Beat him to death a few seconds later.

    So, so, satisfying.

  • The hatch is not a win, its a "You lost the game, gtfo while you still can."

    However, perhaps the hatch shouldn't spawn at all until either 1 person is left or the gates are powered. So both killer and survivor have the same time to find it.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530942#Comment_530942

    You don't think bloodlust is a bad mechanic? You know, that band-aid fix that got implemented instead of fixing the maps like everyone demanded.

    @Mc_Harty I actually do think bloodlust is a bad mechanic. Chases are fun. Juking is fun. Running in circles until enough time passed isn't fun. But since running in circles is braindead easy, at least compared to Juking, people started doing only the most efficient and easy thing.

    So yes, I'd remove the bloodlust mechanic once the chases are fixed.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530448#Comment_530448

    @TreemanXD people ask all the time for equal treatment. I'm going a bit off topic here, in order to explain myself. For example, there was recently a thread about punishing killers for lobby dodging. People even went as far as asking for temp and perma bans. For LOBBY dodging.

    I pointed out, that why punish only killers? People answered that survivors don't lobby dodge, or that they dodge because of high ping. Killer dodging for high ping was an invalid reason for them.

    Double standards at its best.

    Or a few days ago a survivor complained about the following situation: 2 survivors were left, one tried to do gens, got found by the killer, looped him for awhile in the hope that the other survivor would do the last gen. Finally got downed and he sees the other survivor camping the hatch. That's unhealthy gameplay. One refusing to do the objective and dooming the other, because he found the free escape.

    Now back to your comment.

    Survivors are still using only 5 meta perks. Not the healing nerf, nor the DS nerf has changed anything about it. Would it really be so bad to have viable end game perks for survivors? Mix up the meta just a little bit by letting survivors use Left Behind, Diversion, Deja Vu and Technician?

    My point was that you shouldn’t be forced to run certain perks on either side. I don’t support lobby dodging on either side.

    Both sides run their meta perks, it also isn’t healthy gameplay to force certain perks to be used.


    @Tsulan

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530933#Comment_530933

    My point was that you shouldn’t be forced to run certain perks on either side. I don’t support lobby dodging on either side.

    Both sides run their meta perks, it also isn’t healthy gameplay to force certain perks to be used.

    @Tsulan

    @TreemanXD not forcing, but incentivizing. I gave you a full build with perks that are barely used, because they are not required with the hatch.

  • @Tsulan I actually run diversion every now and then, you can never convince me to use deja vu :p, technician I sometimes use if my skill checks are off that day, as for left behind it would become good if the hatch was removed but I honestly don’t think removing it is a good idea.

    If anything with the hatch should change then it should be to only appear once two gens are done.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/69256/hahaha-easy-escape-baby-killer

    This has probably already been said but if the last 2 were down then you probably should have wandered around to be absolutely sure where the hatch was first before hooking any of them

    It was @ 5 gens so the hatch wasn't visible/had not spawned yet till the 3rd survivor's sacrifice and apparently it can spawn right next to the last survivor (who crawled away while I was chasing/downing/sacrificing the 3rd survivor)

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/530537#Comment_530537

    @Oblitiry What is killer sided on requiring survivors to do their objective in order to escape?

    There is no mechanism that rewards a bad killer. However, there's one that rewards bad survivors and punishes the killer for playing good. How does this even make sense?

    Imagine that the killer is bad. 4 survivors are about to escape and the gate closes behind the third one. Giving the killer a free undeserved kill. Does that sound fair to you? Because that's exactly what the hatch is.

    Left Behind is a useless perk as of now. Because no one would bother to repair gens, while being the last survivor.

    I'm asking for equality, not double standards.

    @Tsulan I don't see the point in you trying to play coy. You aren't fooling anybody. Your entire idea is basically spoon feeding the solo player to the killer. You gave no bonuses to benefit the last survivor. Only pressured game play and free easy tracking for the killer. Which is completely one sided in a hypothetical version of DBD with no hatch.


    "There is no mechanism that rewards a bad killer. "

    It's called NOED. And I shouldn't have to say much more about it.


    "there's one that rewards bad survivors and punishes the killer for playing good. How does this even make sense?"

    It's justified by being RNG based. A bad survivor that did nothing can get hatch. A good survivor that did everything can get hatch. The average survivor can get hatch. And ANY skill level killer can close the hatch. Whoever locates it first is RNG and making plays around it is easy. More than enough killers know how to slug then hunt down the last person.

    Closing the hatch before the survivor reaches it essentially locks EGC into a killers win in the final 1v1 scenario. And camping an exit gate rarely works for the survivor.


    "Imagine that the killer is bad. 4 survivors are about to escape and the gate closes behind the third one. Giving the killer a free undeserved kill. Does that sound fair to you? Because that's exactly what the hatch is."

    If killer couldn't close hatch you would be absolutely correct. However they obviously can and they can make plays preventing anyone from getting it.


    "Left Behind is a useless perk as of now. Because no one would bother to repair gens, while being the last survivor."

    With EGC collapse being a thing LB always will be useless as long as it functions how it does.


    "I'm asking for equality, not double standards."

    That's not true at all and anyone reading your posts knows that. You might be able to fool yourself into believing that however but you sure as hell won't be fooling me.

  • @Oblitiry NOED is a Perk. Not a mechanism.

    NOED can be disabled before it becomes active, but only by survivors that are not lazy.

    Comparing NOED to the hatch is redundant since the survivors don't need to equip a hatch perk, that only spawns a hatch IF the survivor has that perk equipped.

    I can't even imagine the uproar of the survivor community if the hatch would require a perk and could still be removed by the killer, just like it's possible with NOED.

  • It feeds their ego. They're just embarrassed they got rekt.

  • @Tsulan said:

    @Oblitiry NOED is a Perk. Not a mechanism.

    NOED can be disabled before it becomes active, but only by survivors that are not lazy.

    Comparing NOED to the hatch is redundant since the survivors don't need to equip a hatch perk, that only spawns a hatch IF the survivor has that perk equipped.

    I can't even imagine the uproar of the survivor community if the hatch would require a perk and could still be removed by the killer, just like it's possible with NOED.

    @Tsulan NOED being a perk and part of the game literally makes it a mechanism.

    No one compared NOED to the hatch specifically.

    You said "There is no mechanism that rewards a bad killer. "

    And I simply gave you the most obvious answer.

  • The hatch should give no escape bonus (5000) and have an emblem penalty.

  • @SpitfireOrMichina said:

    Awwww, sad killer want his 4K. Still crying about the hatch :(

    Killers can close the hatch, but nope there is still some people complaining about the hatch after 3 f*king years

    EDIT: Grow up a little bit and stop being selfish

    Guess what I'm gonna do in the future. I'll slug the last 2 survivors and wait for the survivor with less blood to bleed out before hooking the other survivor. No more free escapes in my games unless the survivor with more blood rage quits in which case I'll report them for disconnecting so enjoy waiting 4 minutes before I hook you.

  • @Oblitiry since you don't know the difference between equipping a perk and not equipping it, I see no need to continue.

    Btw, NOED is the killer equivalent of Adrenaline.

  • @Yamaoka it looks like I'll have to do the same.

    Then survivors will open tons of threads, where they complain about killers keeping the game hostage by slugging them, again.

    Well, if that's what they want. *shrugs*

  • @Tsulan said:

    @Oblitiry since you don't know the difference between equipping a perk and not equipping it, I see no need to continue.

    Btw, NOED is the killer equivalent of Adrenaline.

    How on earth is NOED the killer equivalent of Adrenaline? One perk gves you a boost for your team completing all 5 gens, the other gives you a boost for pretty much losing to survivors since they were able to do all 5 gens.

  • @Tsulan said:

    @Oblitiry since you don't know the difference between equipping a perk and not equipping it, I see no need to continue.

    Btw, NOED is the killer equivalent of Adrenaline.

    @Tsulan if that's the way you wanna go about tapping out then be my guest.

  • @PoisonN said:

    He probably was going to trash you if you killed the entire team. You know... survivors. They're always angry when they win or loose

    i mean they just come to this forum to downvote anybody who says anth bad about survivors or wants em to get nerfed / or buff killer ;0

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/531304#Comment_531304

    How on earth is NOED the killer equivalent of Adrenaline? One perk gves you a boost for your team completing all 5 gens, the other gives you a boost for pretty much losing to survivors since they were able to do all 5 gens.

    @ad19970 ok, identify the perk please:

    - activates once all gens are completed/gates are powered

    - gives a speed bonus

    - modifies the amount of hits/healthstate required to down a survivor

  • Bad luck. Let them say what they want, you know you destroyed them

1 2 ›