Pallet Stuns
We should be able to stun a killer if they’re in the middle of the pallet. The fact that I can’t seems dumb, the killer can just stand there and hit me while I wait for them to get to one side or the other. Also if I stun a killer their attack shouldn’t hit me. I stunned a billy mid chainsaw and somehow I still ended up going down. There was no chainsaw animation, just a stun and me on the floor somehow. I would post a clip, but I’m not sure about the rules for posting urls on the forums.
Comments
Nope, the pallets are now working as originally intended.
Please don't ask to go back to the broken system we had to endure for over year now.
Pallets are not supposed to be safe places and trading hits is ok.
If you do want the 1000 points for the stun, you need to take a risk.
Guess why the reward is so high?
What @Wolf74 said also to add to his post latency plays a big role on stun/hit trades and since this game is peer to peer you just have to deal with it. My advice is to stop being greedy and try harding for a stun at every pallet. Throw the damn thing and run.
Only current problem is stun delay, basically hitting someone after a pallet is FULLY dropped. That’s a bug though, not a change
There's no stun delay. You just drop the pallet too late to try to greed a stun/because you do not reach it in time.
I don’t even have the update. Don’t ya be calling me greeedy. Hold on, I’ll link a video example on reddit.
At times, it looks weird like taht, but it's mostly due to small killers having longer range than it looks, overall, and greed over the pallet.
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8uzniw/update_is_horrible_this_is_a_normal_thing_now/
I see this on 70ms lobbies by the way
@Runiver
So what do you think about that, a common instance?
Looks like Latency to me, never happened to me ever, and I play full survivor or nearly since the patch.
Ehhh, either way hope it gets fixed.
I guess ye. The only weird hit I received as survivor so far is the one I posted above, and is very debatable, especially with a slight latency, and since it's pig and her lunge is deceptive.
Tho there's definitely something wrong in the one with the Billy you posted.
If that happened to me, I’d just throw the whole game away
I'd just live with it.
Killers have been experiencing way harsher bugs at the release, aka getting stuck in pallets/trees, with people on their shoulders, and such.
You can stun the killer if he is standing in the middle of the pallet, I dont understand what you are talking about.
And ofc you need to stun the killer before the attack is registered
Posting a clip wont cause trouble btw
"Also if a killer tries to swing through a pallet and misses because I was just a bit out of reach, I would like to be able to punish him with a pallet stun instead of sitting there hitting space just for him to be able stand there and keep the the pallet from dropping. That’s just unimmersive, in reality you could drop a pallet on someone regardless of their position relative to the pallet."
here lies the problem you are greedy and dont want to drop the pallet so you keep running and shouldnt try to go back for the stun
unimmersive??? you want to reach past/through the killers body to drop a pallet. its called body blocking the pallet
the killer is standing where you need to be to play the animation to drop the pallet so you want to teleport through the killer(like the vaccum) to drop the pallet
also this is like body blocking a hook. survivors stand where the killer needs to be to play the animation of them hooking so the killer cant do it. now that is "unimmersive"
i would happily have a survivor teleport through me(like you suggest but on the same side) and get stunned so i could not be bodyblocked when hooking survivors...
someone is just salty they should have dropped the pallet when they had the chance
so what you are saying is you should be able to teleport through me(like the vacuum did but stay on the same side) and stun me when you screwed up and didnt drop the pallet...
the killer is blocking the spot to play the animation of dropping the pallet. much like how survivors block the spot to play the animation of killers hooking survivors(now that's unimmersive). now why should you be able to teleport through the killer to drop the pallet when YOU messed up and didnt drop it when you had the chance, but killers cant teleport/noclip through survivors to hook someone.
point is its not the games fault... its yours. you messed up you deserve to be hit for it not rewarded
also depending on how long the loop is you could probably just keep running and not go for the cheesy stun you dont deserve
are you stupid?? because i explained why you cant... you just said you cant hook someone because someone is in the way
why should it be different?? you want things to go good for you but not the killer?? now thats a survivor main for you
You're actually telling me that what's happening in that video is fine and not a problem?
This is true and I've had it where the killer is behind me and get a dtun off perfectly one time yet the next in same situation i don't. I've had same issues as killer, some times stun hits sometimes it doesn't.
Incorrect, see above and there's also times where you run past the pallet far enough and drop it yet the delay rubber bands you back to other side of pallet and next to killer.
Pallets have been removed?
There are still way to many pallets on every map.
The killer should not be able to get a hit and be stunned it should be one or the other.
Since the change is made to get both, I think if the killer misses during his swing at the pallet and gets stunned, his weapon should fall on the ground and have to pick it back up. There is no penalty for him swinging and missing is BS, especially with the 10 foot lunge they have.
You got hit before the Killer got stunned, or the two happened simultaneously. A stun doesn't magically make the weapon disappear. And no, you don't get Franklin's Demise against Killers as a default mechanic.
I dont think I start arguing with you, never mind, sometimes its better to say nothing