Does Anyone Else Have A Strong Hatred For The Spirit?

For some reason I hate the spirt, I’m s sorry if you like spirit but I can’t can’t stand her , I hate he design, and going against her

Comments

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/523027#Comment_523027

    We are not looking into changing the Spirit at the moment. She's powerful, but she has a good amount of counterplay too, so we would rather focus on other Killers for the time being.

    You should’ve told us she was being nerfed! And then admitted you were joking. :)

  • all her purple addons are ridiculously strong, passive phasing is a pretty ######### mechanic (especially considering the killer has no control over it, so when u get confused at a loop by it you feel cheesed by the game, not outplayed by the killer), there is no "mindgame" or "50/50" as people like to call it, the spirit is in complete control, it's only about how good the spirit is at tracking scratch marks and sound (admittedly, sounds are broken this patch so that's harder to do), not how well the survivor can evade her, that is irrelevant. imo, shes 2nd best, far beyond billy because you can't loop her power, and if the spirit is a decent player you have very little counterplay to work with. so yeah, I agree with u OP

  • Spirit shouldn't be changed at all before we have a long time with sounds working as intended. It's impossible to assess her actual power with sounds being broken.

  • She can be extremely frustrating to face though. I do believe she excessively takes agency away from survivors, but not enough to be broken. And some perks legit cuck her so hard.

  • I like her design, visual, story ect.

    Survivors don't like Spirit, because they can't just braindead loop her. She makes you guess. She is not the greatest but unpredictability often works in her favour.

  • Don't be mean to my Phasey Girl🥺. She has feelings.😰

  • I really enjoy playing as her, but I can agree that she can be irritating to face for a lot of people. The only thing that I can't stand while facing her is her being able to collide with survivors while she's phasing. It feels really cheap. Other than that I don't mind facing her.

  • spirit has no counterplay

    i played spirit for a daily yesterday with subpar perks and was amazed at how easy it was

    if you have a good pair of headphones you're a good spirit player

  • @miaasma said:

    spirit has no counterplay

    i played spirit for a daily yesterday with subpar perks and was amazed at how easy it was

    if you have a good pair of headphones you're a good spirit player

    @miaasma

    No! Not at all. Learning to phase mid-chase is one of the most difficult things to do in the game. I play spirit regularly at red ranks and I still mindgame myself often. She is the second hardest, debatably the hardest killer in the game to play.

    Edit: Stealthy Survivors are her worst nightmare. Iron will completely screws her over. I think even Stridor can throw you off, making you think a Survivor is closer than they are.

  • @miaasma said:

    spirit has no counterplay

    i played spirit for a daily yesterday with subpar perks and was amazed at how easy it was

    if you have a good pair of headphones you're a good spirit player

    @miaasma you probably didn't face good survivors then. I use a build (without Ruin obviously) and I had to learn routing, mindgames, when to predict a survivor and when to go right behind them, whether they'll drop a pallet or not while I'm phasing.

    I highly doubt you versed good survivors.

  • you don't have to learn mindgames because nothing about spirit is a mindgame

    stand still and look at what the survivor is doing, react and phase, then use sound to track

    you aren't mindgaming the survivor because they have no idea what you're doing. they have no tell. you're making them guess and hope you screw up (which you won't, if you have a good set of headphones)

    spirit isn't hard at all, and she's made worse by busted purple addons

    i'm going to get an aneurysm from the amount of people who think spirit has anything to do with mindgames

    if you want a killer who actually has to do with mindgames try huntress

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/523929#Comment_523929

    @miaasma you probably didn't face good survivors then. I use a build (without Ruin obviously) and I had to learn routing, mindgames, when to predict a survivor and when to go right behind them, whether they'll drop a pallet or not while I'm phasing.

    I highly doubt you versed good survivors.

    This. Just @Poweas's profile picture scares me. *shivers*

  • @miaasma all wrong. Standing still and tracking them like that almost never works. They usually run to a window and then you have to waste your phase going around. Although, yeah she's not much of a mindgamer, she can create guessing games, where you have to try to predict the other side.

    She's hard as hell at base (how I play her) since one missed phase can spell a defeat. And that's no exaggeration. But you're right about the mindgame bit, I should have said guessing game since she can create them to make all loops unsafe.

    But no, she's not easy. You faced bad survivors.

    Also with Huntress, I actually happen to main her, I don't speak about it much, but she's one of my favourite killers.

  • I only hate Prayer Bead Spirit. It's fun to use when I'm her, but it's never fun to go against.

  • @Poweas said:

    @miaasma all wrong. Standing still and tracking them like that almost never works. They usually run to a window and then you have to waste your phase going around. Although, yeah she's not much of a mindgamer, she can create guessing games, where you have to try to predict the other side.

    She's hard as hell at base (how I play her) since one missed phase can spell a defeat. And that's no exaggeration. But you're right about the mindgame bit, I should have said guessing game since she can create them to make all loops unsafe.

    But no, she's not easy. You faced bad survivors.

    Also with Huntress, I actually happen to main her, I don't speak about it much, but she's one of my favourite killers.

    i faced survivors i knew weren't bad

    the thing about spirit is that survivors have no input in interactions with her. ergo, survivor skill doesn't matter. you do equally well against good and bad survivors

    once you understand how her mechanics work and how she's best played (phasing short distances mid chase and playing with your ears) she's piss easy, and there's a reason most spirit mains are potatoes on every other killer (same with nurse mains). spirit doesn't really have to abide by the mechanics of the game and if you have a good audio setup she effectively just plays herself

  • @miaasma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/523959#Comment_523959

    i faced survivors i knew weren't bad

    the thing about spirit is that survivors have no input in interactions with her. ergo, survivor skill doesn't matter. you do equally well against good and bad survivors

    once you understand how her mechanics work and how she's best played (phasing short distances mid chase and playing with her ears) she's piss easy, and there's a reason most spirit mains are potatoes on every other killer (same with nurse mains)

    @miaasma

    Go watch ZubatLEL, Ardetha, or ANY OTHER God level Nurse play another Killer, and then tell me your opinion.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/524026#Comment_524026

    @miaasma

    Go watch ZubatLEL, Ardetha, or ANY OTHER God level Nurse play another Killer, and then tell me your opinion.

    zubat isn't a nurse main, he's a billy main. i watch him regularly and he'll tell you the exact same thing. it's funny you'd use him as a reference when he's actually said spirit should be tweaked to be more fair because of how strong she currently is, that's amazingly ironic

    by nurse/spirit main, i mean players who almost only play nurse or spirit. and i say this as someone whose first killer was nurse back when i first started playing the game. i played pretty much only nurse, such that when i had a couple of hundred hours under my belt and tried to play another killer i might as well have had 0, because of how much of a departure nurse is from how killer is actually played. the same goes for spirit. once you actually have to play dead by daylight and you're used to playing spirit or nurse you suffer and have to basically relearn the game

    the bottom line is that regardless of how fun it is to play, a killer with no counterplay is very bad for the health of the game. keep in mind that "just run iron will" is not a legitimate response. running a perk is not counterplay, actual gameplay is counterplay, and if i need to run a specific perk all the time just to have a chance of surviving against a specific killer who knows what they're doing then that essentially makes the argument for me

  • @miaasma said:

    spirit has no counterplay

    i played spirit for a daily yesterday with subpar perks and was amazed at how easy it was

    if you have a good pair of headphones you're a good spirit player

    I'm glad someone gets it

  • I don't hate her but I'm not a huge fan of playing against her cause if she's a good Spirit, you'll just die, can't do much really.


  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/523020#Comment_523020

    You do realise that it's not fanservice? It clearly states in her lore that Rin worked in a traditional Japanese restaurant where the waitresses would have been geishas, and in Japan it has always been seen as more attractive to have a thin, slender figure. Because of this, geishas would wear sarashi in order to bind their body into a more slender figure. Just because something happens to be revealing on a female character doesn't mean that its purpose is to be sexual, the devs have clearly always put an aspect of realism into each and every one of their characters and just because one of these aspects can be seen as fanservice doesn't mean it is. What about hag? Her breasts are completely exposed but you don't care about that?

    That's a bad cop out at best. Read her lore and you see she rode her bike home and immediately heard her mother being killed.

    So you're either suggesting that, just because she has a uniform at work, she rode a pushbike home through the streets in nothing more than bandages with a bike seat wedgie, or she got home and went "Hey Dad, can you hold off on murdering Mum while I just strip almost naked? Thanks."

    No part of her lore suggests any reason she would be next to naked when she died. Nor is there any reason to strip her. Hell, the entity took Ash NAKED and clothed him.

    So yeah, there's a massive difference between the blatant fanservice of an almost-naked teenage Japanese girl being used as complete weeb bait, and a crusty old half-cannibalised woman with her fried egg swinging around.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I just can't stand the blatant fan service rubbish that her default outfit is.

    "Oh she died coming home from work so she's naked."

    Also not a fan of the smokey hair effect in the slightest, the watery ones are way higher quality. Default always looks like an upside-down mop.

    @anarchy753 She was slashed by her Father then fell through a window after having seen her mother cut open. She was still alive so her Father continued cutting her up. If she wants to be half naked then let her be half naked.


    Plus, ghosts and the like, often adorn the clothing they wore before death.

  • @miaasma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/523959#Comment_523959

    i faced survivors i knew weren't bad

    the thing about spirit is that survivors have no input in interactions with her. ergo, survivor skill doesn't matter. you do equally well against good and bad survivors

    once you understand how her mechanics work and how she's best played (phasing short distances mid chase and playing with her ears) she's piss easy, and there's a reason most spirit mains are potatoes on every other killer (same with nurse mains)

    @miaasma you're literally saying that to a person who plays Spirit because he has mastered every other killer. Except Billy, but Billy is a headache.

    I think we'll agree to disagree since we have such different opinions.

1 2 ›