New ghost face is just easier to play but still bad
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/822/VCKO1UYHE84E.jpg People of the Fog, It has been just over a week since Ghost Face debuted on the Player Test Build (PTB).
Why you still let the survivors to control your power ? Is just bad idea in every way possible
Comments
You get reaction time as the killer now they added a warning. Its 50/50 not just up to survivors now.
I like that they added the KI if detected. That way you can stealth across the map and still find somebody if they spot you.
@StarMoral Since KI detects through lockers RIP locker spotting.
I actually really enjoy the changes, he is actually a stealthy killer to a certain extent. My only problem and concern is the fact that they didn't address his perks. His perks are still really bad but hopefully they get changed for tomorrows PTB update.
@Meme Tremors perk will be meta on Freddy.
Pick up> Know what gen is being worked on> teleport to it> pop goes the weasel
Or 16 seconds of no progress every pick up if they catch on
1) I don't see anywhere say they removed the ability from down or hook survivors to put you out of your power.
2) That could at least give him the ability to cancel his power and keep the mete if they can see you AT LEAST.
3) 4 sec for an ability that can be cancel by look at you and you have zero control over it is just to much.
Or you could just run BBQ and Chili and see where they at.
Just run object or spin chill lol those will hard counter him
I'm still not buying him. The ability to cancel his power should be removed. This is the final version of him. Not impressed lol
I'm grateful that they at least gave him some quality of life changes. Sadly, this is not enough to make him worth buying - perks are still doodoo as well. The fact that they are so hesitant to remove his stupid sound effects completely when up close just baffles me. Do you want more Myers tier jump scares? Alerting survivors isn't how you get them.
The one change I was hoping they'd have the courage to make is to bump his movement speed while crouched to or near 4.6m/s. With neutered move speed (especially since he's keeping his 'lol I'm right here' mechanic) while in stealth, he's going to lose tons of pressure as generators pop off left and right.
If the developers keep making these 'kid gloves' changes that only make the character playable but not strong, he's just going back into the unused pile after a week. Why do this to such an iconic character? Why waste the time and resources? Welp, at least he'll be "Fun" right? I'm slightly miffed, to be honest. What little hope I had for another good killer has been completely dashed, and I just know he likely won't receive any changes of substance before his release. This feels terrible.
Yeah, Ghostface needs immunity to detection perks while using Night Shroud. Detection perks work as normal when Night Shroud isn't active, so the survivors won't be robbed of a perk slot.
@Redd Lockers/Distortion/Hiding behind gens counters bbq but not tremors.
According to a post from Peanits last week, one of the issues they're aware of for GF is the detection perk issue, so if nothing else, they are aware of it, it seems.
Warning: This post is overly snarky. I'm so snarky because I care so much about the game.
----------------
I found this news post to be very interesting just because it shows how actively bad Ghost Face was before these buffs. I mean..... he was very very bad. So bad I don't understand it. But these are a lot of buffs and a really good start at least.
Audio
These changes are great. It just makes me wonder why the stealth killer had a 16 meter lullaby radius in the first place. 8 Meters puts him on same tier as Myers with M&A if they don't spot him. Same time, I'm very worried it's going to be very easy to spot him.
Detection
Being blunt, I have no frolicking clue how easy it's going to be able to detect Father Death here, because the previous state is not at all useful for any kind of prediction whatsoever. I'm very very concerned, because I feel like the ease with which people notice Myers and the Pig and have gotten used to them now will have already poisoned the well for Ghostface here. At the same time, I'm currently doing that one gif right now when someone says how hard it will still be to use his power. "So you're saying there's a chance."
It's also very nice that you won't be a giant red lighthouse while using your power if you aren't moving at worse than Nurse speed because you aren't crouched.
On that same note here, it has been confirmed that even after the buff he will still move slower than a crouched pig while crouched. The Pig already moves extremely slowly while crouched, so this is still a cause for great concern only exceeded by how in the world did he have an even worse crouched MS beforehand?
Stalking
He doesn't lose stalking progress until he damages or exposes them now. <- Basically means I'm going to completely ignore his crouching ability (except for teabagging) and just stalk people mid chase for actually exposing them lol.
Oh and the 45 seconds probably won't matter (to me) with the other buff since I can't see myself popping it until I'm ready to down them now. In which case 20s vs 45 seconds don't matter all that much.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the above completely ignores:
I actually like that part of his power. If you fail to be perfectly hidden you can still use it as baseline better verstion of whispers. Unless it's far to easy to reveal his it's gonna be ok.
Apparently they are aware of the detection perk issues, so there's that.