My current Myers mindset.
My biggest issues with Myers:
He is loopable to hell and back, Survivors want you to bloodlust them around the same pallet over and over. Others will prioritize that and do gens, don't chase them, sucks that Myers doesn't get a boost to vaulting windows and breaking pallets like that at EW2 but I play around that by using Bamboozle, Fire Up and Brutal Strength, Enduring time to time, haven't gotten around to using Spirit Fury, I find Myers to be really strong with action speed perks. Don't get me wrong, Myers has good gen control, but the Survivor meta is to run around pallets over and over, and by the time you win that chase (unless you have EW3) you will have gens pop and you're closer to a loss than ever before, PWYF I find helpful for smacking my obsession, then leaving them just 1 token, 120% Myers saves your game. STBFL in my mind is a game winner, super OP, I smack whoever, it's so good to kill your obsession and have only lost 2 tokens, you have 6 tokens all match, or even get 7 by smacking someone before their death.
Myers is super strong in free yanks, he is a huge fear factor. you can get the sneak up and stab they'll have no time to react.
I have played a lot of Hillbilly and Nurse for the PS4, I got around to learning both and get stable fast 4K's, now the deal is, what can I do to make Myers a top tier? Hillbilly who can run and insta down others with my chainsaw, Nurse, who can warp around anything and get smacks at any time. I find Myers fun but he needs the strength as well, like how he is in the movies.
Comments
My build is pretty much the opposite philosophy to yours. I really like Surveillance on him. Just knowing which gens are being worked on helps slow the game immensely. And the longer the game goes on the more the odds shift in your favour... I also use Monitor & Abuse, a gen stopper perk and one other. High ranks probably NOED. Low ranks whatever I feel like. Often Overcharge or the clown one that's knocks 25% of gens.
@Rex_Huin
I will have to try that, running Monitor and Abuse is a must for my builds.
Myers main here. I use a movie accurate build on him...monitor and abuse, enduring, brutal strength, and save the best for last. It performs quite well in my experience .
Try using the Dead Rabbit add on with it as well. Takes the TR down even further...
@Rex_Huin @TheShape78
Monitor and Abuse with Dead Rabbit makes you have the ultimate low terror radius build, as I found, I like using Boyfriend's memo, I'll go for yanks at EW1 and when I need to boost Myers from sneak to attack mode, EW2, I want to get Furtive Chase on Myers to block out the M&A and keep no TR.
@Sairek
Dead Rabbit makes it decrease by 4, with M&A and Dead Rabbit, you have a 4 meter terror radius.
The more experienced survivors you face, the more you will get looped. You need perks that help you in a chase. Try Enduring + Spirit Fury.
Since he has a small terror radius, Monitor & Abuse is standard for him. It can make for a nice combination with Nurse's Calling.
But keep in mind that you will not have the same results as with Nurse or Billy. Myers just isn't that powerful and depends on the survivors making mistakes more than the other two killers.
Bunny and jmm for less terror radius at tier 2 and faster stalk. Ruin to slow the game before I (hopefully) down someone. Bamboozle for blocking ridiculous windows and you get a nice faster vault. I got so used to it I can't play without it. Nurses (unpopular) because when I combine it with bbq I don't waste time looking for people as much as I would otherwise.
I leave survivors in lots of chases because of the issue you have. Sometimes you can lunge and mindgame but Myers is loopable. If I feel the chase will last long I drop it, otherwise you get rekt because you are wasting time.
In tier 1 getting a gen grab can give you a nice head start. Hooking and injuring people off gens can help you as well in slowing the game. Don't go with one track mind and chasing whoever you saw on the gen (without t3 ready for proc) if there was someone else who will get back to it. Just one example. Hooking people is a priority but if gens are done, that's it.
I think they need to give Myers his multi stalk back and remove the stalk limit perk survivor. This would allow him to make more plays.
The only big issue I have with Myers:
- Stalk takes to long (both stalk speed addons should be basekit, I use them in every match and he is actually really depended on that)
- stalk limitation (survivors are to fast "juiced" up)
- Cornfield. Literally can't stalk survivors in the corn not even 5 meters away from me.
Other than that he is probably the best "basic" M1 killer and by far the best licenced killer.
But he needs some tweaks for sure.
My current build: BBQ&C, ruin, enduring and spirit fury. Very solid in 99% of all matches.
Idk if someone already said it I didn't read all the comments, but myers at T2 has an increased vaulting speed. It's 0.2 secs quicker than any other killer, so he has a 1.5s long vaulting speed while any other killer has 1.7s.
Both of these are pretty accurate. Also agree with Judith above, if they are heading for an annoying loop and you don't have ew3, spending too long is a waste, I tend to leave if I don't catch survivors within a certain time to return to gen defence (especially if I see a gen lit up with discordance and I know it had been worked on previously), my playstyle is similar to Rex_Huin, in that I use tracking perks and I always have ew3 a tap away for more difficult/good looping survivors or situations where I catch a few at a gen together. (usually found with discordance) Catching people off guard at gens/dead zones etc. is what I prioritise over going after the strong baiting looper, they have to touch gens eventually after all.
My current build is Hex:Devour Hope, BBQ, Discordance and M&A (with dead rabbit and J Myers Memorial addons) but you could probably swap out H:DH for ruin if you need it. (I tend to stick to purple ranks anyway so I can understand some believe in ruin/NOED at high ranks) Nurses is also a decent choice. The brutal strength/spirit fury/enduring just isn't for me. I mean 3 perk slots just to break pallets, when I get 5x more info from BBQ, discordance and TR benefits from M&A?
In regards to making him higher tier I think blueberry is closest, draining one survivor to entirety and then having to juggle them between stalking others later in the match, just feels like that orange transition is way too fast.
Actually you DO get faster vault speed in EW2. It's just more at EW3
Myers is not killer to chase people with (he is not bad at this, 115% is still 115%), he excels at surprise hits. M&a, nurses and smart t3 timing is the way.
by far my most used killer the past 2 years, i've never used billy or nurse except for dailies. he's the reason why i bought the game.
on my way to rank one with him on the old system where you needed 9 points i tried many strategies and perk variations.
i began camping with him and started destroying rank 1 SWF teams because they are highly altruistic, i knew from playing SWF the peer pressure to be altruistic
however, cant get to rank one camping anymore
infectious fright taught me something else about michael at top ranks, i havent tried getting to rank one with him in a long time, but at higher ranks you cant just down 1 survivor per each tier 3 anymore,like 99% tier 3 and pop it to simply down one survivor alone,
you gotta save it until two survivors are near each other, and down them both
end game collapse means i dont have to use whispers on him anymore
at the beginning of the match, you gotta go to the perimeter of the map and then look to stalk from that angle. never walk across the middle of the map, more likely to catch people off guard, because if you walk across the middle and expose your identity, theyre gonna be on high alert
when used optimally, michael is neutral against looping, you just gotta stalk to 99%, sooner or later you'll either down this guy, or he'll lead you to someone else
NOED and bloodhound, with agitationand iron grasp for basement, or brutal and fire up, were combinations that got me to rank one with him, but that was with my camping strategy to exploit the old system
yeah smart t3 timing is huge
save it to down multiple people if possible