Solo survivor life.... the feels

Let me tell you a story:

Map: The Game

Killer: Billy

Billy finds me on a gen right off the bat. I run him for a good while, 2 gens get done, he finally gives up chasing me and goes after someone else. Instantly downs them. They d/c…… *sigh*

He finds a 3rd person, chases them for a bit, I complete a gen and start on another gen. Person gets downed and hooked. Billy starts proxy camping the hook. I run in and unhook, Billy comes rushing back and tries to tunnel so I body block him in a doorway. He revs his saw and misses me and hits a wall. I run him some more but he gives up quickly.

He finds the previously hooked person and chases them while I finish a 4th gen. This time he face camps rather than proxy. There is no way for me to save the person since I am injured so I try to power through the 5th gen and hope the other survivor who is full health can try to save. I get 75% done with the gen by the time the person on hook dies and Billy finds me again.

I run him for a solid 2 minutes at this point. Final gen does not get done. I end up running through the freezer room where it just so happens the hatch has spawned. Guess who it sitting right on it doing nothing while I run the killer? The 4th survivor, Nea. Who apparently has done NOTHING for the past 3-4 minutes for sure, potentially the whole game.

Rather than continuing to run. I stand right next to Nea and wait for Billy boi to catch up and kill us both.


PSA: If you are playing survivor, please don’t be like this Nea. It hurts my soul. <3

Comments

  • I am playing solo most of the time. Unfortunately we can't choose our teams nor their actions. But yeah, when I do most of the job and then go to spectate, seeing someone urban evading at the edge of the map I just sigh.

  • @Judith said:

    I am playing solo most of the time. Unfortunately we can't choose our teams nor their actions. But yeah, when I do most of the job and then go to spectate, seeing someone urban evading at the edge of the map I just sigh.

    Yeah pretty much.... le sigh

  • I Hate/Love playing solo survivor.

    I hate it because of the console queue times and Love it when my entire teams acts like a well coordinated SWF.

  • Every time I play survivor I get those potato teammates.

    Then I switch to playing killer and get the SWF alpha death squads.

    Every time man.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Every time I play survivor I get those potato teammates.

    Then I switch to playing killer and get the SWF alpha death squads.

    Every time man.

    Lol yeah, story of my life.

    I am by no means a god tier survivor, but I at least know if I am not being chased or rescuing someone.... I should be on a gen.

  • When I survive I like to be a potato so other amazing godly survivors can really show their stuff.

  • @Vlieger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/513290#Comment_513290

    Lol yeah, story of my life.

    I am by no means a god tier survivor, but I at least know if I am not being chased or rescuing someone.... I should be on a gen.

    They are probably new. Lots of new players reach high ranks fast. Most of them doesn't know gen placements, pallet placements, totem spawns etc. And they are scared and immersed as hell.

    Hatch campers are people who never bothered to improve at the game and they think escape means they are good at the game. You see this a lot when you play killer also. Sometimes whole team dc's to give one person a hatch and they think they won because of it. Lmao.

  • @Judith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/513295#Comment_513295

    They are probably new. Lots of new players reach high ranks fast. Most of them doesn't know gen placements, pallet placements, totem spawns etc. And they are scared and immersed as hell.

    Hatch campers are people who never bothered to improve at the game and they think escape means they are good at the game. You see this a lot when you play killer also. Sometimes whole team dc's to give one person a hatch and they think they won because of it. Lmao.

    Well the SWF gets a lot of boosted survivors to ranks they shouldn't be as well.

  • In my entire existence while playing this game, as a survivor main, I only hatch camped 2/3 times.

    Usually,I'd rather die knowing I was doing something useful than hatch camp and get a free escape.

    However, LITERALLY every random teammate hatch camps even when the last gen is at 90% !!!!

    So those 2/3 times, I was like "screw this" and hatch camped. An eye for an eye.

  • As a fellow solo survivors, I know the pain of hatch campers. As killer I have started slugging the 3rd person and running Whispers again, to teach those hatch camper. If i get the hatch camper, I tend to let the slugged person escape. Unfortunately, I cant get them all, but atleast I am trying.

  • I have never hatch camped. I am always either productive (although that doesn't necessarily mean doing gens) or evading to avoid death.

    But I get tons of hatch escapes, I play towards it and even build towards it. But I never just camp the hatch, even when I have gotten a key I still go for unhooks or do gens and never play it safe. I let the chips fall where they may, if I get caught even with the key then so be it, I won't leave teammates out to dry (unless they pissed me off big time which is very rare).

  • @Judith said:

    I am playing solo most of the time. Unfortunately we can't choose our teams nor their actions. But yeah, when I do most of the job and then go to spectate, seeing someone urban evading at the edge of the map I just sigh.

    Sounds like me at work looking at my co-workers....

  • This is too relatable. I'm not a good looper, but sometimes manage really good chases. It always depresses me when I run a killer for 3 to 4 minutes and no gens pop. Like ######### where you doing this entire time?

  • I mostly play solo and I hate the hatch to the point where I'd prefer they just removed it. Simply because so many games are like this.

    Survivors escaping with 9000 points through the hatch. Them explaining that they deserved that escape. All while they didn't move a finger through the whole match.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    As a fellow solo survivors, I know the pain of hatch campers. As killer I have started slugging the 3rd person and running Whispers again, to teach those hatch camper. If i get the hatch camper, I tend to let the slugged person escape. Unfortunately, I cant get them all, but atleast I am trying.

    Doing God's work.

  • @Mochan said:

    When I survive I like to be a potato so other amazing godly survivors can really show their stuff.

    When I play survivor I try’s to get tunneled.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    As a fellow solo survivors, I know the pain of hatch campers. As killer I have started slugging the 3rd person and running Whispers again, to teach those hatch camper. If i get the hatch camper, I tend to let the slugged person escape. Unfortunately, I cant get them all, but atleast I am trying.

    I never run whispers, but reading this makes me thinking about to use just for that cuz I'm a solo survivor since release and I hate hatch campers more than face campers.

  • So there I was, with barbecue sauce on my tidies In the temple of purgation, when Freddy slept someone, and downed them. They DCed, then another person was, slept, downed, DCed. and same with the last person. I gave Freddy a 3 minute chse, then I died on the hook.

  • This is why I almost always run Borrowed Time.

  • @VliegerIf I was that Billy I'd have totally downed the Nea and given you the hatch. lawl.

    But it would have never been me because I don't play cheese Killers.

  • @DoubleTap

    I didn't mind that he killed me rather than giving me hatch. With how much I ran him i'm sure he really wanted me dead at that point. Plus from his point of view it probably wasn't super obvious the Nea wasn't doing anything.

  • Survivor sneaks around all match, find the hatch and camps it, leaves match with 6k bp and a de-pip / de-rank

    Legend.

  • @DoubleTap said:

    Survivor sneaks around all match, find the hatch and camps it, leaves match with 6k bp and a de-pip / de-rank

    Legend.

    Lol yep. Don't even understand how this type of play is fun for those people.

  • I actually find playing solo survivor to be more frustrating than playing killer.