Devs please let Freddy Keep the three powers demonstrated in the Rework.
I'm so happy about the approach you are taking with my favorite slasher, Freddy Krueger. I am very pleased with the new direction to his power with the Dream Pallets, Generator Teleportation, and dream trap. The only thing I am worried is that you guys mentioned that you guys are still discussing if some of these powers should only be accessed via add ons, please don't. Don't let Freddy be add on dependent. Overall, I am excited for this Freddy rework and it's release in the chapter 12 mid chapter patch. I mean it when I say this : You guys did a pretty good job so far.
Comments
Freddy 2.0 is amazing. He's now a threat in the dream world.
I know. I just hope these three powers are in his base kit.
I think they should scrap the snare idea and let him create fake pallets/teleport.
He doesn't need all 3 but I believe 2 of those suggested powers would be fine.
Freddy "old" power also sounded good on paper.
Still curious how this plays out tho :3
I don't like the idea of traps on Freddy. He isn't thematically a trap killer.
Sorry I struggle to see why he deserves three powers when most Killers have 1 (a few have 2) and some aren't even super lethal like Legion's.
He may not be over powered (time will tell) but he certainly sounds over loaded. Though I'm happy it sounds the whole slows down progress thing is done and gone. Making tedious tasks last longer is never the best route.
I hope he gets the snares in addition to the pallets. Some maps have few pallet points and would be nice to have options outside of map generation. Corn fields especially would make pallets vary predictable.
@VexTheHex considering one of his powers does literally nothing in theory (since a sufficiently observant survivors can literally pretend the pallet placing power doesn't exist) I'd say he needs it.
Think doctor. How often do you win a chase because of a fake pallet? Sometimes? Sure. Often against high level survivors? No.
Yes in practice it's not useless. But it's not strong enough on it's own, hence the snare.
Wouldn't it be like the Doc's where the blood/static doesn't happen till after you're at it? Or does it give off visuals cues to show case it's a fake from a distance? Either way it's still more than you can run a bit faster and vault slightly faster but can't down Legion power with a stun at the end.
@VexTheHex yes but legion sucks. So having a power kit be way better than his is a good thing.
In general most killers are worse than they should be. It's only when you get to the high tier killers that they become viable. I'd say clown is the worst viable Killer.
Killers like Legion, Wraith, Leatherface ect really just need some love.
Specifically for legion I've been pushing for him to down survivors who don't have DW on them with FF.
But here's the issue. I've played the game on and off for years. I managed and struggled for Kills back in the Stun Hag days. Now? It's easy. Way easy. I haven't gotten too high with the Killers currently cause it's... just too easy and boring. I'm learning Plague with not even full perks and Tier 1 Perks and they still struggle and I score 4K. This is with a Killer most claim is super UP as is. The game is tipping too far the other direction now. Most of my Survivor matches in the Purple ranks are easy 4Ks for the Killer on the other side.
New Legion is worse than previous Legion in terms of game play as they sucked any of the fun of playing Legion out and left a husk left. But Killers have gotten a lot of buffs handed out and a lot of Survivor nerfs handed out. The game is tipped too far the other way and adding a Killer with 3 powers in the current state is worrying.
I agree these powers should just be in his base kit not addons
I mean, why can't the traps be thematically suited to him?
I don't feel like the powers should be add-ons, but rather a different variation of the power. Like you can click on the power in the ui to pick what power type you should get. Kind of like how MKX and MK11 have variations for characters. If we get all 3 of the powers on one base kit that would be great.
When freddy can create traps that slow, blood pallets, and teleport to gens.. Trapper, Hag, Doctor, and Nurse be like -
This is a singular power with multiple offshoots. Think the doctor and how he has his madness which in itself has many effects. (Fake pallets/doctors) With Freddy instead you'll be able to directly cause those effects. (Fake pallets/slowdown traps in the form of one power) while also having map presence in the form of a teleport (a secondary ability) similar to how the plague has her two types of vomit.
He very much doesn't seem op just complicated and it very much fits the dream demon theme.
@VexTheHex
Well, you could also argue Doctor has 3 powers as well, such as fake pallets, fake clones, and a shock that stuns survivors. However, the reason why he can keep them all is because they are all related to Carter's Spark, his power.
This is the exact same thing with Freddy, all of his abilities originate from his Dream Demon, which is his power.
Because each killer's abilities have different objectives. Hag technically has the least lethal ability, because it triggers but does no damage, it's what you do with it that makes it lethal. Bubba can down multiple survivors instantly making it one of the most lethal, but how helpful is that when the survivor is on the opposite side of a pallet or window?
the most truly lethal abilities in DbD are the least lethal, stuff that ends chases or hunts survivors are more effective then others, which is why Nurse's Blink is so devastating in the right hands, because it both helps hunt and end chases.
Instead of Freddy placing fake pallets and being a "trapper" (a type of killer he is not), it would be better if once a survivor is fully asleep all pallets remaining on the map become "fake" to that survivor until they wake up. In other words, pallets become completely unusable to survivor that is asleep. That would make being asleep an actual threat and something you'd want to wake up from.
Great if he could have all three but I'd be fine if the snares were only an addon. It just doesn't fit thematically with the kit or his playstyle.
Traps don´t really fit him.
Did they say anything about the dreamworld and its repercusions?
Would he keep his aura reading?
Would sleeping slow down gen repairs?
Would he still have the same problems he currently has, as picking up survivors that are being healed by awake survivors?
@VexTheHexHe deserves 3 powers because unlike all other Killers, Freddies two of them cannot be used 100% of the time, only when the Survivor is in the dream world.