Rift cosmetics exclusive??

Currently watching the dev stream and I'm hoping that a dev could possibly confirm to us whether or not the new rift cosmetics (both free and paid) will be exclusive. As someone who has a deep passion for this game while also having little time to play, I would really like to know whether or not the outfits which were previously obtainable by playing would be available in the store seeing as the devs have previously said that they no longer want to add exclusives.

Comments

  • No, they said it would be timed stuff. It would be great if they put it in the store.

  • They said they were exclusive. They go away after the rift season too

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    No, they said it would be timed stuff. It would be great if they put it in the store.

    That would be nice. Unlockable only through Rift in the first three months as bragging rights, then available in store some time after.

  • This is like a battle pass.

    You get that 100 tier skin that won't be unlockable after the fact.

  • Imagine paying for more grind and then not even getting what you wanted AND PAID FOR because of things out of your control, and then having no chances to get it back.

    Great design.

  • @Plu they aren't forcing you to get the Premium Pass. If you want you get it.

  • @Plu said:

    Imagine paying for more grind and then not even getting what you wanted AND PAID FOR because of things out of your control, and then having no chances to get it back.

    Great design.

    Imafine getting annoyed that people who play the game significantly more than other people get more cosmetic rewards than people who barely play the game

  • @Milo That doesn't answer what i said, i specifically stated "Because of things out of your control you can't get what you paid for", i never said that they are forcing you to get the pass.

    @Elegant Ditto, i'm talking about not getting what you paid for because of issues out of your control, and with DBD being the buggy mess that it is, this will happen ALOT, if anything you are the one who seems annoyed that i don't like this design, please if you want to respond to me, at least address the issue.


    Just to be clear, I'm i NOT against paying to get more stuff, i'm against the bullshit exclusivity idea.

    If you paid for something, you should get it, or at the very least give compensations so you didn't waste money, that's how things always worked and shouldn't change.

  • What happened to the early days of the store release when we were repeatedly promised that "anything added will always be available to buy?"

    I don't like the idea that if my life gets busy I may miss out on content for characters I like PERMANENTLY. It's more of these game companies exploiting the fear of missing out.

    Oh, cosmetics are optional BUT we've just added the highest quality skin we've ever made and you have to pay and play X hours NOW or constantly have it rubbed in your face as other players show it off!

  • @Plu so you like the rifts just have a feeling its gonna be buggy?

  • @anarchy753 said:

    What happened to the early days of the store release when we were repeatedly promised that "anything added will always be available to buy?"

    I don't like the idea that if my life gets busy I may miss out on content for characters I like PERMANENTLY. It's more of these game companies exploiting the fear of missing out.

    Oh, cosmetics are optional BUT we've just added the highest quality skin we've ever made and you have to pay and play X hours NOW or constantly have it rubbed in your face as other players show it off!

    @anarchy753 Congratulations, you're now a prime target for Battle Passes monetizations.

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/501353#Comment_501353

    @anarchy753 Congratulations, you're now a prime target for Battle Passes monetizations.

    I said I don't like the idea of it, not that I'm going to spend money on it BECAUSE they're using scummy tactics.

  • I may have a solution to this problem for evwryone, many games have exclusive content which comes back at a later time, this could work with the rift and if someone has already acquired this cosmetic, maybe they could be awarded with a large amount of bloodpoints and/or iridescent shards. Another solution may be that those who bought the battlepass could be granted access to the outfits within the store meaning that if someone bought the battlepass but were unable to play for it, their money wasn't completely wasted.

  • I’m not mad about the idea of paying for a battlepass; I think it makes perfect sense. I AM mad however at the battlepass introducing the idea of exclusivity and exclusives skins when previously all skins have been available to everybody. (At least since the in game store update)

    This is why I think the best solution is to make all skins that are unlockable within the rift, be purchasable within the store after the rift period is over. People who grind/buy the battlepass still get the opportunity to get the skins early and for a discounted price really, whereas people who would buy them from the store would end up having to wait to get them and pay full price. ($10 per skin) This way people are still incentivized to purchase the battlepass and grind the game, without excluding people from getting these skins at a later date.

    The only people who I can imagine would be against this are those that just want to have a skin that they can show off and brag about, because not everyone has it.