This Killer Main (Since 2017) Just Played His First Match as a Survivor....
My friend almost fell out of his chair when I told him....lol. Had to take a pic of the screen for proof! I've been a killer main since 2017 and finally decided to give it a try. What did I find out? Well, being a survivor is definitely less stressful that being a killer, altho I do realize that I am currently a rank 20 survivor...lol. The other thing I can now appreciate -- how much it sucks when a killer rage quits. I've never rage quit as a killer because I didn't think it was fair to the survivors (and it's kind of a baby move), so I really didn't think it happened as often as people said it did. After stunning a Wraith with two pallets, I suddenly found myself yanked from the game. I can now say I know how it feels to play well and get cheated out of a possible escape because the killer doesn't want to play anymore....and it kinda sucks!
Comments
It sucks for everyone when anyone DCs. Dedicated servers should help with this and Bhvr seems like they're still going all in on the game, so I'm willing to give them time to make things better.
As a person who plays mostly killer, I would suggest you hold off saying how easy survivor is when you are in rank 20. Trust me it gets harder.
@brokedownpalace Of course! DC-ing is the online equivalent of taking your ball and going home when you aren't playing well or having fun. I've had embarassing games as killer where I contemplate focusing on Civilization V for awhile, but I stick it out because it's the only way to get better.
@Shad03 Oh, I have no doubt...that's why I acknowledged I'm only rank 20. I was just surprised how much fun it was rather than being stressed out when I can't find any survivors my first minute as killer....Nice change of pace is all.
*** Actually, I re-read my earlier post and I never said it was easy. I said it was less stressful than killer. Big difference.
@Chicagopimp2019 Agreed.
Funny enough the official stats disagree with this. The higher you go up in rank the higher the survival rate.
Wait until you get camped or tunneled or 1 hook mori'd.
@Okapi True enough, but each person is different. Some people are smarter then the others. And they are the minority.
This actually isn't quite accurate. Survivor works opposite to how killer does. The higher rank you get on survivor, the easier the game gets. This is because your biggest limiting factor is how good your teammates are and this improves drastically as you rank up. Yes the killer gets better as well, but the game is in a poor balance state to where having a good group of survivors is worth much more than how much better the killer gets.
Ranking up as killer gives you harder games, while ranking up as survivor gives you easier games.
@Blueberry
I mean, I'm a potato :P
(Gonna be honest, I get paired with bad teammates more often then not. So I'm usually the only one left to survive.)
Just wait until you see the bs that some survivors make you go through. Or when you're the only one doing totems, and the killer decides to tunnel and camp you so he gets the NOED :P.
But if you enjoy survivor, keep playing, I wanna see what you think of solo survivor.
Likely because of SWF. They have a better chance to rank up and escape over a pack of randos. You might roll a group of veteran solos that do well, but usually not.
It gets harder, but his experience as killer means he's already really good as survivor. If you are having an easy time at Rank 20 it doesn't get much harder until really later. To be honest Rank 20 is one the hardest places to be a Survivor, mostly because of potato teammates.
Thankfully most killers at this rank are babies as well, but the real challenge happens when you start fighting experienced killers similar to yourself who know how to look and how to chase.
@Mochan Mmhm. You put my thoughts better then I could.
@Mochan My friend was just saying the same thing. Having played really optimal survivors before, I know what worked well against me and what didn't, so I already have a good foundation. I had two pallet stuns against a killer during the chase and was never hit because I've seen other survivors run those same paths and stun me as a killer.
@thesuicidefox Camping and tunneling doesn't bother me, as I've used those same techniques when I need to change the momentum as a killer. I think the people that really get upset about that stuff are the ones who rarely, if ever, play killer and don't know what it's like to do whatever necessary to create map pressure against a team of optimal survivors.
Your worst enemy on low ranks are other survivors. The higher you get, the easier it becomes.
Solo survivor is going to be what I use when I need a break from killer. I'm still going to main killer, but I intend to balance my survivor games much more. Just thinking about all the survivor dailies I have trashed in the past because I only played killer makes me tear up over all those lost bloodpoints....lol
@Tsulan I've heard that too! However, I have a ways to go before I can get mad at other survivors. I started my first game apologizing to the team in case I did something stupid in the match! LOL
Don't worry, soon it will become your second nature. It's simply more relaxing. You won't escape every match, but probably pip anyway.
Do some gens, unhook and you'll pip.
1. You should try to get to rank 1, cuz on the road to that u will experience a lot of different things, playstyles and killers.
2. A Killer rage Quittung is absolutely not unfair for survivor. The match ends and they get the points. It's much more unfair when a survivor rage quits. For me, if I manage to tilt a killer that much that he rage quits it counts for me as an escape. More than that actually, I also broke a killer.
Yeah it's the same here. As a long-time survivor, when I started playing Killer it was so easy finding everyone because I knew exactly where everyone was hiding, and I knew which way to go in a chase because I knew where they would usually go.
My killer mechanics suck (aiming is required) and I am not good at optimal pathing, but I can get by on just game sense. These are baby survivors anyway so they're not super good at looping.
What makes you think you didn't break a survivor if a survivor rage quits? I find your double standard unusual. It's a lot better for a killer if a survivor rage quits. If you are upset over not getting a BBQ stack, lolwut? In return you have one less person doing gens. That's a HUGE advantage for killer. Now you can massacre the rest of his teammates in easy mode.
@Chicagopimp2019 you forgot to @ me :P
Also survivor is quite relaxing, I've also started playing it more. It's fun, and not stressful. I lost most my skill as Hag (I recovered a lot now but it still worried me) so I started playing survivor more because weirdly enough, to do well as Hag I need to set my traps assuming the survivor is ME.
So I trap routes, loops and general areas that I'D take. And I do well in higher ranks easily because most the survivors are slightly below what I used to be. But anyway, I started playing it more so I can trap properly again. (although I'm back to a dominant level now).
But yeah, playing survivor can really help your killer ironically. XD
Btw, playing solo survivor is not relaxing, not at all. Except the killer is a big potatoe. Also most of the time you get potatoe team mates. So you literally get punished for not playing SWF, that's the sad truth.
Where did I say a survivor rage quitting is not a sign of him beeing broken? Dafuq? It will suck for the whole team, while a killer DCs is just end if the match. Simple.