If you can use current Freddy right, he can be pretty DARN powerful
NOT SAYING HE DOES NOT NEED A REWORK, HE DEFINITELY DOES
Fred Krueger also known as Freddy, is considered one of the worst killers in the game, because his power lets him, lets me say it, "Hit survivors!"-Legion
But what makes him so special is when his prey gets away, they don't get away for too long, unless you are special and run overcharge Freddy
The second issue with this killer is what was one of the issues with Legion as well, Legion 1.0 not 2.0 who is just a lil bit better, that is Freddy is very add-on reliant, by default it takes 7 seconds for a survivor to fall asleep, with add-ons this can improve, for example, Z block and Paint brush both reduce it by 2 seconds, making it 3 seconds
Yes Rank reset just happened but I see a lot of survivors that can loop still get the smack
But Freddy is also powerful in another way, like all M1 killers mindgames are preferable on them and almost required, but not always, but Freddy is really good at mindgames because he is a short boy, so some obstacles you cannot see Freddy over meaning you can Mindgame and make survivors say Freddy's 2 catchphrase, DARN
This is just the opinion of a new Freddy main
Comments
Wait till Rank 5 and higher, new Frddy main, and you'll see his "power" :D
@Frozenscum I have been Rank 1 in the past as Freddy, still turned survivors into Ketchup
In past getting ranks were much easier. I was getting 4k and merciless in new system at rank 4 as Freddy too, but most of times Freddy struggles a lot against not-potato survs.
I’m an add on hoarder and so I usually play with no or brown add ons. Freddy is playable without add ons.
And compared with the Plague who definitely is rough without the EXPENSIVE add ons, at least Freddy has fun and devious add ons to make fun builds with. Plague’s are literally band aids and not very clever.
He is pretty decent when you're good.
I enjoy playing as Freddy, I'm not saying he doesn't need a rework and I'm looking forward to seeing the rework, but I still enjoy playing as him.
He's trash at purple/red ranks. Even if you play him super optimally you'll get your ass kicked by good survivors.
yeah amazing power when survivors get unhooked right under your nose with no penalty. and is loopable beyond ridiculous levels. yeah the rework needs to happen asap lol
Unhooking was never the problem. You shouldn’t even be near the hook as Freddy. Get some bbq on that boi and find other survivors to sleep.
The problem is finishing gens, waking up, healing, etc. right in front of Freddy. That’s the problem. You wouldn’t keep working on a gen with a Michael towering over you, so the same should go for Freddy. You get slept, you RUN.
Just want to say that literally any killer with M&A on can do what he does, hell compared to hag or billy which is widely considered where killers should be balanced at he's a joke. Not that he's the only one but he is one of the worse.
One thing to remember is that you can do at least decent with any killer if you know how to play and decent is usually 2 kills a game.
Are you sure about that though? I've waited minutes before people realise I'm there as a Mikey. It's funny to wait it out behind them or at a window, you can almost hear the ticking. 😂
In all seriousness though people above are right, it's when they're on gens, wounded/healing and stab themselves to stop the transition or waking each other up in front of you, there needs to be more than a slight debuff to fear the dream world (and more to Freddy's power than I can actually hit you now, let the looping ensue like any other killer, let's be fair the only real benefit of his power is the class photo and the distance aura reading, I dread the thought that maybe if you are in the dream world you're exposed somehow if you're in too long which would be terrifying and an incentive to get out sooner but something is needed.
All things aside, the unhooking and the adrenaline epidemic is what's going to kick you in the pants. You literally can't do much if they unhook in front of you successfully. I played Freddy up to rank 5 prior to a reset in one sitting from rank 12 and even though this was a while ago my play fair motto thing didn't go well with all the old DS, flashlights and every survivor having adrenaline...
Basically rank 20-8 Freddy feels powerful but at any high rank 5 and above against a competent team it's time to enjoy despair. I just hope the rework buffs him without changing his playstyle too much (I'll never forget the joy of seeing a survivor enter a locker just as I walk up to them)
shouldnt be near the hook. so literally after hooking someone oh yeah survivor aka flashlight warrior claudette bum rushes the hook. unhooks right under my nose all i can do is put her and the survivor to sleep and wait. think of the scenarios of why a killer would still be near the hook before commenting .... and having to follow the survivor before i can hit them just waiting thinking come on already go to sleep .... yeah enough said
I mean you’re right (and it’s funny/scary) but I mean unless you had a death wish or you’re foolish, you wouldn’t WILLINGLY stick around with a Michael breathing down your neck. People do that to Freddy though and that’s definitely some bs.
@pemberley Agreed, I know as a survivor that a Freddy is no real threat, (unless they, surprise, have H:DH) and that's sad to not really fear any killer I mean by the time he's put you in the dream world, a smart survivor will have made it to a loop/safe zone.
Class Photo + Yellow Dress/Pill Bottle is so godlike. Get everyone to dream demon and keep it like that. Currently main Freddy/Wraith, and this is pretty good even at red ranks.
The simple fix for this would be to prevent survivors from performing any action while in the sleep transition. If Freddy can't do anything while they are falling asleep then they shouldn't be able to do anything either but move around. It doesn't even make sense: how are they going to work on a gen or unhook a surivivor WHILE falling a asleep?
It's a simple fix that wouldn't require a huge rework or change to any of the current addons or perks. And it would be fair as long as the survivors can still move.
Freddy is an end-game killer. All of his original perks are designed for the end. You want to get all the survivors to sleep once the last gen is repaired. If you have blood warden you want to hook a survivor once the gates are powered. This will stop anyone from leaving for sixty seconds. If the survivors are asleep at this time they'll be easy to track down. If you have NoED active it becomes even easier. It can be tricky and not always easy but if you play the cards right Freddy can have a mean endgame.