Is overcharge and surveillance a good combo?

Comments

  • Absolutely not. If they miss Overcharge skill check, you'll be notified anyway. If they don't, (often they won't) you'll just get annoyed when seeing your white generator turning yellow without the explosion.

    Really, there's not much point using Overcharge on anyone else than Doc.

  • @DudeDelicious if you say so. To my experience, survivors rarely miss Overcharge skill checks. But I believe it works out for you, for me almost anything that involves kicking gens is a waste of time, except PGTW... maybe.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Sorry @George_Soros but it’s actually a great combo. Surveillance lets you know which gens survivors have erections for, and subsequently know which ones to keep activating Overcharge on.

    One of my favourite, most successful loadouts is Discordance, Surveillance, Overcharge, PGTW. This makes it extraordinarily difficult for survivors to do their primary goal without the risk of a hex being cleansed.

    Aren't you just going to keep kicking the gens Survivors keep going to anyways? If those Survivors are good at Skill Checks, Overcharge won't change that situation much. I'm all for using Surveillance, but I don't really see what Overcharge adds to it.

  • I use Overcharge and Surveillance only on Doctor. It helps to stop gens a little bit. But I wouldn't use Overcharge on any other Killer. Surveillance is still good on a few Killers

  • Together is a waste since both perks serve the same purpose of notifying you when a gen is being repaired. I’d recommend using Discordance instead of either of those to be honest.

  • No. Run PGTW and Surveillance if you must.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @TAG an additional 5% regression if they fail the SC. Which is likely with the added stress of the killer almost always being nearby because they know which gens are being worked on.

    Not really unless the Killer is consistently hovering around the gens they kick (since the Overcharge Skill Check happens immediately), which kinda negates most of the upside of Surveillance.

  • if you bring Overcharge, then they know that you know that they attempted to work on a gen. Surveillance gives a false sense of security

  • Surveillance is a detection perk, while overcharge is anti gen tapping perk... so yeah, its a good combo.

  • Overcharge is OK with it tbh.

  • Thanks everyone:)