New DS is getting buffed again!

RIP to countering it with Enduring :D

Comments

  • #########?

    Devs said It's getting new numbers because of the change to Enduring...

  • they will probaply lower the numbers on DS back to 3 seconds.

    there would be no reasoning behind not doing so, so that seems to be most likely to happen.

  • This is what is changing with enduring.



    “It's a couple different reasons.

    1. The wording confused people. Many people think of "75% increased recovery" as "stuns only last 25% of the normal time". This is not the case. Instead of being stun time * (1 - 0.75), it's actually stun time / 1.75. Your stun is only reduced by about 43% when you increase the recovery speed by 75%. With stuns just being half as long, it's much simpler. 2 seconds becomes 1 seconds, bing bang boom, everyone understands.
    2. The pallet stun durations are actually going to be about 0.15 seconds shorter. 
    3. This way we can re-evaluate stun perks and better balance their stun times. Currently we need to make sure that anything affected by enduring lasts long enough that it doesn't render enduring completely useless. Take a look at DS, for example. It was a 4 seconds stun, where the survivor was locked into the animation for one second. This leaves you with only ~1.28 seconds to run if the killer is using DS. As a result, the stun time was raised to 5 seconds, giving you ~1.85 seconds to run. With that in mind, we could potentially lower it back down to 4 seconds (or even 3 seconds) after this change, making it more consistent whether or not you're using enduring.

    It basically allows us better control over balancing stun perks so you're not forced to run enduring just to counter them. All things considered, you probably aren't getting hit with stun perks all too often currently. Decisive strike is easily avoidable and Head On is like a unicorn (it just doesn't exist, and I won't believe you if you say you've seen one). Ultimately you're going to save loads more time with the pallet stun reduction than you would lose from stun perks.”

  • How do you counter DS in the End Game after the Endurance nerf?

  • @Raccoon ask Peanits, I just quoted what he said.

    BTW thanks for the downvote, soon I’ll have more than Orion. :D

  • To be honest, the only reason I even using Enduring now is to counter pallet stuns. I have only been hit by a single DS since The Great Nerfening 2019 occurred.

  • How often do you run into DS, let alone DS during End Game? And would Enduring have made the difference?

  • I don't bother with enduring doesn't affecting the DS. As long as the buff to the stuns from pallets are coming.


  • @Ihatelife said:

    I don't bother with enduring doesn't affecting the DS. As long as the buff to the stuns from pallets are coming.

    I guess this would also be an indirect "Spirit Fury Combo" buff.

  • To be honest, they should leave it.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/480352#Comment_480352

    I guess this would also be an indirect "Spirit Fury Combo" buff.

    M1 killers rejoice!

  • THIS IS THE LEGION PALLET BUFF WE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR!

    /s

  • @Raccoon said:

    How do you counter DS in the End Game after the Endurance nerf?

    By killing survivors before end game.

  • RIP to countering it with Enduring :D

    The stun DS will last 3 seconds, this will not change.

    I got bad news for u: Stun pallet will reduce the time to the half.


    Think a little bit..

    Enduring + Spirit Fury = RIP survivors :D