If I hit a survivor, it should count
Killer just idn't fun any more with all the perks that let survivors get a free escape which negate anything you do. It was bad enough already but adding Mettle of Man into the mix has made it so much more frustrating. I'm so over it.
Comments
Umm
it counts toward my stbfl so I’m ok with it personally.
This isn't just about MoM, this about the mountain of free escape perks that unfairly negate killers hits. If I hit a survivor, it should count.
Other then mom what other perk negates a hit?
Deadhard and Borrowed Time. With all these combined you get survivors who can loop indefinitely and none of your hits matter.
It's not fun, it's frustrating and feels completely unfair.
Don’t tunnel and fake DH out, it is that simple. Btw if a player uses DH then they dash forward and you likely don’t hit them.
By "don't tunnel" you mean "don't bother trying to hit them"
Don't worry. I have 2k hours in the game and play both killer and survivor at red ranks. I know how frustrating it is to have your pressure negated by a single perk and being punished by doing your objective.
And yes, while i play killer, i have stopped playing those that require a M1 to down or injure apart from Nurse.
Chase the unhooker? I mean I tunnel but I don’t complain when I’m punished for it.
Also you say these things ruin the fun for you, but (most) survivors don’t like being hard tunneled.
You seem to have a very narrow view of what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a range of perks with this problem and how they overall affect the game.
I’m aware of MoM, DH and BT. Try STBFL or an M2 killer for MoM, fake DH out and for BT hit them,let them mend and chase the unhooker.
By your logic insta-down shouldn’t be a thing either.
Ok so bt and mom =p dh doesn’t count as u don’t hit them.
That's lovely, but only DS and BT have anything to do with tunnelling.
MoM is a free extra hit without a condition to trigger it EXCEPT that you aren't playing a killer with an effective method of downing. It only punishes the killers who already have the most trouble managing time and map control and it basically doesn't affect the others.
Dead Hard also has nothing to do with tunnelling. You can say "fake it out" all you like but that isn't just some foolproof magic solution. Many of the smarter survivors don't rely on it dodging the hit, but instead use it to reach pallets that they would be hit before and extend the chase indefinitely. There certainly are situations where you can get them to whiff it, but there's so many more where you rely on a crucial hit and know that it can never land because of DH.
Adrenaline also has nothing to do with tunnelling, it just grants a free health state and double sprint burst, further crippling the killer when it's just ticked into the part of the match which is already an incredibly bad point for the killer.
Most of these perks aren't inherently broken, the issue comes from the fact that any survivor can stack as many as they like together and add up tonnes of free hits. Not only that but there's nothing preventing multiple survivors running the same scummy build. It's a game that relies a LOT on time management for most killers, and perks like these completely throw that off with little to no consequence. Hell, even back in the day DS was intended to be less effective if you weren't the obsession, now OoO is the only survivor obsession perk that actually changes based on the obsession status.
This is the exact same reason a debuff like 'exhaustion' exists, to prevent the stacking of abusive perks that would break the game if they could be used together. Free-extra-hit perks need their own debuff to prevent multiple of them being run together to huge success with very little requirement for the survivor player.
@anarchy753 I’ve addressed MoM and dh already. I’m aware what smart survivors do with dh since I’m one of them when I use it, as for adrenaline, I don’t understand the problem with it since all gens must be completed.
This thread was about “if I hit a survivor it should count” so dh, adrenaline and DS aren’t important.
It's the title of the thread but clearly not the limit of the discussion. It's about all the free-extra-hit perks being overbearing for killers who don't just play the most broken 2.
Edit: Also "all the gens being done" doesn't suddenly balance 4 health states potentially being instantly recovered. Basically it's saying "the killer is already in a difficult position, of course there should be perks that kick them in the teeth." Remember Me just got deleted from the game because there was a rare situation that MIGHT have felt unfair for one survivor, and Adrenaline is a much more common, much more oppressive perk than that. All we want is equal standards for both sides.
For MoM try stbfl. It was about second chance perks, I know.
People seem to be under the flawed mentality that only survivors have brokenly ridiculous things. EVERY OP thing needs looked at (insta-saw,MoM,survivors need a second objective, iridescent head, brand new part, keys(not broken), ebony mori, insta-heals,prayer beads,map design (some of these maps really need looked at),extra blinks and permanent T3.
I don’t have a problem with all of these but other people do.
The reason so many people are annoyed about MoM above most of that other gross stuff is that they had literally YEARS of complaints about DS being a free extra hit with no choice to counter it as killer.
It took them YEARS of stalling and pretending to be working on changing it before it got reworked into a perk that can be avoided by not tunnelling.
We had 2 WEEKS, 14 DAYS where DS was nerfed and we got to have some fun in matches without feeling that constant pressure of a free hit coming as a blindside before MoM was pushed into the game with no PTB, no testing, no opportunity for players to point out it was garbage, and the games are back into the same power dynamic of fighting through free hits to scrape a few kills, especially with SWF stacks who all bring them all.
Now what have we got? "Uuuh, we're totally listening to the overwhelming feedback that MoM is disgusting guys, we'll get around to thinking about changing it in 2 years"
It was tested by console players in kyf. It takes time to gather feedback and decide what to do with these things.
I hope you're making a joke..
I hope you’re joking if you think console players can’t test things. Maybe instead of thinking about what you want and think about the process.
@TreemanXD Since a lot of months, everything gets tested in a PTB before it goes live. MoM did not get tested in a PTB.
It was BHVR's decision to bring this perk live without having the usual discussion about it with the community during the test phase.
@NoShinyPony yes it didn’t get a ptb but, to say it wasn’t tested is very flawed logic. I gave feedback and so did other console players.
@TreemanXD I didn't say "it didn't get tested", I said "didn't get tested in a PTB". You are missing my point now.
Yes, feedback was given. The majority said this perk was heavily unbalanced and couldn't go live that way. However, the KYF thing was treated as a leak = not acknowledged.
It's about that this perk was not tested in a PTB and therefore it was not officially discussed between the community and BHVR before it went live.
@NoShinyPony I understand what you’re saying, my “to say it wasn’t tested is flawed logic” wasn’t directed at you and I’m sorry for creating a misunderstanding.
@TreemanXD Okay, I thought you didn't get my point. No worries.
- How can a chase be prolonged indefinitely by DH, if DH is an exhaustion perk that does not recharge while being in a chase? Are you maybe overexaggerating?
- MoM needs to be activated by getting hit 3 times, so it IS bound to a condition. If you use MoM strategically (preparing for the endgame), it's not a free hit (remember the condition? Getting hit 3 times, escaping the killer and healing afterwards?).
BT comes into affect when you're trying to farm a person, essentially. If someone is unhooking in a position where you can get a free hit, it's safe to assume BT and is a poor play on your part. DH actually takes skill to pull off correctly. That's like complaining about Huntress 'cause a skilled Huntress can be very tough. You're complaining about your hits meaning nothing, but skill should mean something, too.
If you hit my fugly pink-haired Nea, I will T-bag u to death
but if you dont hit me too~
A pity that you will lose 2 tokens everytime the obsession know you have it and purposely pursuit you and tank hits.
RIP old STBFL will be remembered.
but instead use it to reach pallets that they would be hit before and extend the chase indefinitely.
DH has a cool down that doesn't go down while running. It can't be used indefinitely and a chase shouldn't last indefinitely if you're taking your loops correctly and knowing what areas you should pressure and when to peel off.
Adrenaline also has nothing to do with tunnelling, it just grants a free health state and double sprint burst, further crippling the killer when it's just ticked into the part of the match which is already an incredibly bad point for the killer.
It's only really useful while being chased, though, and during end game. You die early (like getting to end game for killer), it's useless. You aren't being chased and are fully healed, won't come into play. If you're chasing one person and everyone else happens to be hurt, it doesn't really impact what you're currently doing if everyone heals, unless you can't manage to down the person before then and NOED is comparable to Adrenaline, except it isn't a reward for doing well, but just something to help killers who got to end game (a losing position).
Hell, even back in the day DS was intended to be less effective if you weren't the obsession, now OoO is the only survivor obsession perk that actually changes based on the obsession status.
You should know that was often the worse, though. When there was a surprise DS, it could completely throw the game. With an Obsession DS, you can at least juggle or gauge out how you want to handle the situation. And actually now you become the obsession if you have DS and use it. Have you forgotten that or just didn't know? So that would mean you could be the surprise Rancor without even knowing, for instance.
Free-extra-hit perks need their own debuff to prevent multiple of them being run together to huge success with very little requirement for the survivor player.
The only free hit perk is MoM, unless you're advocating for another perk like it, which I don't think you are. MoM does need some adjustments (seen people say it should be rewarded for three escapes after being hit, which I think is a good idea), but old DS was far worse. It was often denying early game pressure or at least lessening it and to be stunned after dropping someone is far worse than just having to wipe your blade. You can turn around and immediately pressure something else or continue chasing. If they heal, you can see them. If they don't, they're one-hit. I just think it needs something more to activate it.
@Perelie: Just try to imagine how the game would work if survivor wouldnt have any of these perks. If you can do this you will be enlighted to understand that this would be total nonsense of gameplay.
I don't have to imagine because I played the game before they were ever added...