Calm spirit buff: what exactly changed?

Forgive me if I’m slow but I don’t understand what the mid chapter patch change do to it?

Comments

  • From what I got it was reworded to cover all screams, might have to do with the plagues perk I’m not sure.

  • @Cardgrey said:

    From what I got it was reworded to cover all screams, might have to do with the plagues perk I’m not sure.

    Thanks @Cardgrey

  • The Doctor's screams, The coughs from the Clown's tonic bottle, as well as hits from attacks.


    Does NOT work on Plague's sickness, but indeed on her one perk.

  • Anything that creates a notification bubble is now silenced. This includes Iron Maiden, Rancor, and Infectious Fright. You are basically immune to these perks. You will still be exposed from IM but since killer doesn't know where you are and it's 15s it's basically a hard counter.

  • @thesuicidefox thank you, I hate doc and IM, this’ll stay in my build.

  • Something worth mentioning, you dont scream at all now. For example, before this patch, you still wouldnt produce the notification for the Killer. But your character would still scream silently. Now, you dont scream at all (which can be kind of a nerf in certain scenarios).

  • @PigNRun said:

    Something worth mentioning, you dont scream at all now. For example, before this patch, you still wouldnt produce the notification for the Killer. But your character would still scream silently. Now, you dont scream at all (which can be kind of a nerf in certain scenarios).

    Thanks :)

  • Also, if you get hooked into second phase, you seem to have less of a time window to realise you have to struggle because it skips the screaming animation, which nearly got me killed when I found out. Lol.

  • @PigNRun said:

    Also, if you get hooked into second phase, you seem to have less of a time window to realise you have to struggle because it skips the screaming animation, which nearly got me killed when I found out. Lol.

    Lol, thanks for saving my life. :D

  • @PigNRun said:

    Also, if you get hooked into second phase, you seem to have less of a time window to realise you have to struggle because it skips the screaming animation, which nearly got me killed when I found out. Lol.

    Oh is that why I go right to struggle. LOL I thought it had something to do with the update.

  • It also hides the scream from MYC, which is actually a bit of a nerf since you now won't give away to other survivors the killer has the perk when you rescue.

    And I've been trying to figure out if it affects the scream from falling from heights. It seems to maybe reduce it but not get rid of it completely (though IMO it should get rid of it completely).

  • I'm confused by all these screams, I have never seen this happen before. When do you scream with MYC or IM or Rancor?

  • @Nicholas the killer (without calm spirit) could see an idea of where you are in the form of a scream bubble on IW you leave a locker and on rancor you do a gen. Myc you scream but do not give your location away.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Nicholas the killer (without calm spirit) could see an idea of where you are in the form of a scream bubble on IW you leave a locker and on rancor you do a gen. Myc you scream but do not give your location away.

    I had no idea, I will have to find a video showing this. Thanks.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/471641#Comment_471641

    I had no idea, I will have to find a video showing this. Thanks.

    You’re welcome, try watching Monto he has some videos with these perks, in fact I can find them for you if you want.

    @Nicholas


  • @Nicholas said:

    I'm confused by all these screams, I have never seen this happen before. When do you scream with MYC or IM or Rancor?

    You scream when you rescue someone from a hook and MYC procs.

    You scream when getting out of a locker and IM procs. This also shows the killer a bubble like Doc's scream revealing your location.

    You do not scream when Rancor procs but your location is revealed by a bubble.

    So when you run Calm Spirit, you do not scream nor is your location bubble revealed. You are invisible to IM and Rancor, like you would be invisible to aura perks using Distortion.

    And because you do not disturb crows you are also immune to Spies. HOWEVER you can still trigger crows using Calm Spirit if you run and touch a crow directly, but your character model has to literally collide with the crow's model.

  • @RepliCant said:

    The Doctor's screams, The coughs from the Clown's tonic bottle, as well as hits from attacks.

    Does NOT work on Plague's sickness, but indeed on her one perk.

    What about notification about Bloodpoints? Does the Doctor receive it, when he shocks someone with Calm Spirit?

  • @Dr_Smith_ yes, same for when their madness increases.

  • You also don't scream when put on the hook.

    Worth Mentioning

  • @Milo said:

    You also don't scream when put on the hook.

    Worth Mentioning

    Calm Spirit should be renamed to Heroin if that's the case.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/471866#Comment_471866

    Calm Spirit should be renamed to Heroin if that's the case.

    XD

  • @Dr_Smith_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/471450#Comment_471450

    What about notification about Bloodpoints? Does the Doctor receive it, when he shocks someone with Calm Spirit?

    Yes. But since you don't scream he won't know exactly where you are so you can actually juke him if it's through a wall or something.

  • @TreemanXD Sure, thanks. It would help to see what it looks like.


    @thesuicidefox Thanks for the further details.

  • @Nicholas said:

    @TreemanXD Sure, thanks. It would help to see what it looks like.

    @thesuicidefox Thanks for the further details.

    https://youtu.be/csLT38wIwdE

    I can’t find an IM one.

    @Nicholas

  • What's the new text?

  • @EntitàAnimals seem to trust you as they often stay calm in your presence.

    Reduces chances of alerting Crows

    by 80/90/100 %.

    Your calm spirit can overcome the urge to scream due to Madness, Intoxication or getting injured by the Killer.

    IconHelp crows.png

    Not sure why or how that encompasses Rancor. They should add another part that specifies "can resist revealing your loaction to killers" if it does.

  • @Visionmaker Yours is the 2.1.0 text: I can't see any difference.


    @Peanits Could you explain us the new Calm Spirit's caption? :)

  • @Visionmaker said:

    @EntitàAnimals seem to trust you as they often stay calm in your presence.

    Reduces chances of alerting Crows

    by 80/90/100 %.

    Your calm spirit can overcome the urge to scream due to Madness, Intoxication or getting injured by the Killer.

    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/deadbydaylight_gamepedia_en/thumb/7/78/IconHelp_crows.png/32px-IconHelp_crows.png?version=316f0fe0652badce92db0106ab80926e

    Not sure why or how that encompasses Rancor. They should add another part that specifies "can resist revealing your loaction to killers" if it does.

    It says in patch notes it hides notification bubbles. And I tested it myself against IM and Rancor.