What if destroying a hex totem add some negative for survivors?

Would that be op? Except haunted grounds of course.

Comments

  • That makes no sense at all.

    The Hex Totem being up is already a negative for the survivors and you want a negative for destroying a Hex Totem for survivors as well?

    That's like punishing a survivor for doing a gen.

  • I thought it would make them last longer I guess. And I didn't meant some big negative. Something small and not permanent.

  • Annoying splinters and burns. All actions are now 25% slower. Try not to do your only other objective next time ya jack ass - entity

  • Honestly, I think breaking the hex should weaken the effect. This way, you aren't stuck with dead perks 20 seconds in if you decide to take a hex perk


    IE: Breaking ruin makes ruin hella less effective, but doesn't remove it entirely,

  • Your only objective is to destroy already weak perks immediately after starting the game. Ok. Fair enough.

  • @OGlilSPOOK20 said:

    That makes no sense at all.

    The Hex Totem being up is already a negative for the survivors and you want a negative for destroying a Hex Totem for survivors as well?

    That's like punishing a survivor for doing a gen.

    @OGlilSPOOK20 It's more like having some kind of drawback for permanently depriving the killer of a perk slot. High risk, high reward.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/453604#Comment_453604

    @OGlilSPOOK20 It's more like having some kind of drawback for permanently depriving the killer of a perk slot. High risk, high reward.

    I don't think people want balanced game at all if they are ok with weak perks being weak. I am not saying my suggestion is without flaws but hex totems need some kind of a buff. It is not high risk high reward. Just high risk for killers.

  • give killers a minor buff for X seconds with the totem is destroyed. X is inversely proportional to the time the totem has been in effect. Survivors also gain a minor buff for Y seconds. Y is directly proportional to the time the totem has existed.


    I think this would be good b/c if the totem is discovered within the first 15s of the game, killers will be compensated for the horrible RNG spawn location.


    If the totem spawns in a god-tier spot, and survivors get screwed due to the totem's RNG, they are compensated.