What's the "Promote" reaction for?
I recently got my second "Promote" reaction (bow before me, mortals), but I'm still not sure what they really are. Best I can tell they're a mod-only thing, but what do they do and why are they invisible?
@Peanits, since you're online at the moment, care to shine a light on this?
Comments
For being cool :D
Or maybe you are gonna be a mod?
Half the forum would be banned overnight, so I doubt it's that.
Okay, that was good lol
You say that like its a bad thing
It was in Infinity War.
In all seriousness, I doubt the devs would make someone like me a mod. I'm too much of a polarizing figure.
Sadly this is true. While I may not agree with all your points, I have never personally found you rude or harsh. Just direct and straight to the point. I have enjoyed our limited exchanges, even the few times you pointed out my lapses in judgment.
It's not for everyone.
What if for real, you are gonna be a mod? :D
Not as far as I know.
So?
'Twas a joke, since they said they loved me.
Damn. Why do I always fall for the taken ones?
I'll shine some light on this, moderators have 3 reactions instead of 2 reactions like us. Whenever a mod thinks you're a good, leading example for the community AND you're consistent then they will give you a promote reaction.
If you want Orion, I can contact Luzi via PM and ask.
To promote SWF Bullying killers with 4 of the darkest Claudette’s with purple flashlights that are teabagging you
Wait, so do you know for sure or not? The second paragraph makes it sound like you're not sure.
@Orion am I one of them?
Just for clarification but sadly, @Gay Myers (Luzi) haven't PM'd me back yet.
However to actually answer your question, they have a promote button there for a reason: It's to tag certain forum users who are models for the community. I certainly for one can say that you're a model for our community because I known you ever since the beta forums.
Off-Topic: Tag me with an @ if you're going to respond to me. The forum doesn't notify you whenever someone quotes you.
@Orion you can have more than one. XD
I know I am. :D xD
@Poweas @TreemanXD Even if I had specific users in mind, I couldn't name them due to that name and shame rule.
@Orion You could name the ones you wouldn't ban. 😛
@NoShinyPony Which would only work until the people who I actually would ban, assuming I had such users in mind, came here asking if I'd ban them.
@Orion Then you could always reply with "it's such a nice weather today" or ask people for their favourite icecream.
@NoShinyPony And then I'd get a warning, possibly some jail time as well. And there are no conjugal visits in forum jail.
@Orion You have a forum wife?
@NoShinyPony If I get jailed, if conjugal visits are allowed, and if someone claims to be my husband/wife, then yes.
@NMCKE Thank you for the vote of confidence.
I know quoting doesn't tag, but I'm lazy. Sue me.
Half the forum is already banned I bet. You are talking to the other half.
@Orion I'm kidding, I'm sure you wouldn't ban me, me and you have the best of discussions. I love it.
But, saying that, not too long ago, I was pretty toxic on the forums which almost led to my ban. 😂😂😂. Not going into details, but let's say I managed to pick myself up.
@Orion I won’t tell. :D
We still don’t know what the promote reaction is for .
Nothing special really.
We have our answer.
sounded subtly shady, i love it.
@Gay Myers (Luzi) Vote Down just came back. Was that you guys?
I literally just clicked the button, how did you already notice?
Yes, it's back for now. We're going to give it a try and see how it plays out. It won't hide posts anymore.
@Peanits I was checking on a gut feeling that my OP in this thread had received a Promote reaction and noticed it had changed its name to "Read by BHVR". I also noticed that Vote Down was available. At first I thought it was a bug, but then I thought it might've been a mistake on your side.
PS: The "Read by BHVR" text is overlapping the "Vote Down" text in users' profiles.
@Peanits he's pretty smart. Also forgive me for being a potato, but what is the vote down for anyway?
The opposite of vote up. If there's something you disagree with, you can click that the same way you'd click vote up on something you agree with.
@Poweas Vote Down is the opposite of Vote Up. It used to hide posts that reached a certain threshold, so it was removed.
They also removed Awesome just now, which is a pain in the ass for me, since I had almost 2k Awesomes.
Thanks @Peanits and @Orion.
Also @Orion I stacked up 500, this is so sad.
considering the toxicity of this community expect the vote down numbers going through the roof for everyone :D
@Poweas At least there's still vote up. I have a near 1:1 ratio of Vote Up to comments.
@Peanits Can we please keep the "Awesome" function?
@Orion yeah, you're very popular on the forums
For now, we're going to try going without it. Typically they were used for the same thing as up votes, but they weren't counted the same. You basically had two different scores that both meant the same thing. This way it's a little more consistent, your score isn't split, it's all together.
We're just testing this out, though, we can make changes if it's for the best.
@Peanits Now for the most important question... who else has
PromoteRead by BHVR reactions besides me, and how many do they have? I want to know where I stand amidst everyone else, so I can know just how high a golden statue they need to make in my image.Right now, not many, but that's going to change. We didn't really use it before and it should be much more common going forward.
@Peanits Let's put it in practical terms. Should I demand a golden statue à la Cristo Redentor, a golden pyramid, or just a small bust?