If you were a survivor, what would be your perks?
I saw this on the Dead by Daylight steam page forums, and thought it would be cool to bring it here. Original discussion here:
I'll start:
Nope, not again!:
You ain't having ANY of it, because your pi$$ed off you are always found first.
If your the first survivor to be chased, you move twice your movement speed for 8/10/12 seconds (If running Sprint Burst, the movement speed is increased by 3 seconds, and 0.5% faster. Regular amount you would get from exhaustion). When injured you have a 45%/60%/75% chance of not being downed by a hit, only happens once.
If downed first, your wiggle meter will be completed by 5%/25%/45% automatically.
"Not this $h1t again!" - Me, being found first.
In need of excersise:
You probably never would've worked out, ever, if it wasn't for P.E. Class.
After running for 6/7/8 seconds, your breathing is Considerably/Tremendously/(there hasn't been anything after tremendously, so I'll make one)Dramatically increased. Your Breathing can be heard 64/72/80 meters away.
Your breathing isn't louder for the killer when they are close to you, and it also isn't softer when they are farther away.
When the killer is within your breathing, they literally can't hear anything other than your breath.
The intense breathing lasts for 10/15/20 Seconds.
This perk is on cooldown for 120/100/80 seconds.
"(######### loud) AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!! (Intense breathing still continues) Deep Breathes, TheGameZpro3, Deep Breathes. AHHHHHH!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"- Me, literally running for 6/7/8 seconds.
Scared of the dark:
Ever since birth, the night has been terrifying. You always carry a flashlight and really good with them.
You loot chests 20%/30%/40% faster, with their hearing distance being reduced by 4 meters. (That was just added bonus)
Guarantees a utility flashlight with one random battery add-on and one random bulb/grip add-on on first time searching (if paired with pharmacy, it'll be a coin flip, 50%/50% of getting the flashlight, or med-kit).
you can work a flashlight well.
Increases efficiency of the flashlight by 20%.
Increases accuracy of the flashlight slightly/moderately/considerably.
Increases the visual duration of the flashlight by 15%/20%/25%.
Tier 3 Only: You won't drop the flashlight (flashlight's only) you're carrying if hit by a killer with Franklin's Demise. However, it still will lose the charge it would remove, as if it was dropped.
"YES!! YES!! YES!! Thank good your still here, flashy!" -Me, finding out they still have flashlights in this realm.
EDIT: After 2 comments about my first 2 perks, I decided to buff them.
"Nope, not again!" now is significantly stronger. And "In need of exercise" has a longer cooldown, but lasts longer, and goes extremely farther. I also slightly increased "Scared of the dark" because I felt it was needed.
Comments
@KiraElijah A slightly better poised? Then let's nerf poised and make my perk the grand ruler mwahaha! >:D
@PhantomMask20763 your first one is relatable.
Your second one slightly relatable since I’m usually focused on my game.
Your final one is pretty good for stealth.
Now I will make some based off physical problems, as my others were mentally based
Just Jump
You can vault objects 3/6/9% faster
"Hurry up guys"
Speed up
When walking move 2.5/5/7.5% faster, and while running move 1/2/3% faster
"Dude, hurry up"
Light
Your scratchmarks are Slightly/moderately/considerably closer together and are visible for 3/4/5 seconds less. (Does not stack with Lightweight)
*EDIT* RUNNING ANY OF THESE CAUSE HINDERED AFTER RUNNING
So out of all the suggestions so far, who is the strongest Perk wise? :D
@LCGaster and more bp! (I said this in another comment and I’m too lazy to edit.
@Ember_Hunter me. Finger of death 4 dah win bruddah! :B
@Ember_Hunter Me, as:
Fear Rush
After the killer gets within 8/12/24 meters of you, you gain a 1 second 175% burst of speed and have 105% speed for 20/40/60 seconds, and you are exhausted for 60/120/180 seconds. (This perk can only activate once per match)
"What the hell was that?"
Watchful
While watching the killer within a 12/24/32 meter range, you gain a 5/10/15% boost to all action speeds. While not watching the killer you lose 15/10/5% speed on all options.
"Gotta make sure it isn't going anywhere"
Hide!
If the killer is approaching anything you're interacting with from 18/24/32 meters away, see their aura for 3/4/5 seconds.
"Something's coming, I need to get out of here"
@TreemanXD
Could be the new BBQ & Chili for survivors ;)
100% extra bloodpoints are granted at the end of the trial if you die.
"Nice try, it was expected tho" ~ The Entity
200% extra bloodpoints are granted at the end of the trial if you survive.
"How in the f$*#?!?!?! Grab everything you want, you win" ~ The Entity
@LCGaster perfect, I’d run it and others possibly would maybe making games last longer.
@LCGaster @PhantomMask20763 @TreemanXD @Ember_Hunter What do you guys think of my (Mental) perk set?
@TreemanXD A nerf by choice for survivors that good players would be fine with...awesome!
@KiraElijah I wouldn’t run them, but they aren’t bad.
@KiraElijah Oh god, physical related perks? Here we go XD
Wimp- you throw down pallets slightly slower but you gain a haste effect for 2/3/4 seconds after successfully stunning the killer
"I may not be the strongest, but I will do anything in my power to get away." -Me
Reliance on Others- You rely on others to help you in dire situations. After escaping a chase, your nearest teammates aura will be revealed to you for 4/5/6 seconds.
"Thank God I found you, he almost caught me *sobs*" -me
Slap- You get upset when you lose, after being picked up by the killer, slap the killer to fill up your wiggle bar by 2/10/15%
"Unhand me!" -me
Fear Rush seems to be some alternative to Sprint Burst, but sadly not good if you cannot break line of sight.
Watchful is really risky, hanging around a survivor being chased by a killer is the best chance.
Hide! is really good though, better version of Premonition ;)
@KiraElijah how are my perks? :B
*Le wimp is epic perk
@KiraElijah
It is mental 😂
The perks are probably a bit too good
Looks good to me
Trash @TreemanXD
The paranoia in I is strong
@PhantomMask20763 Sorry I'm late! Was writing up something.
Work Alone - this would be good for games where you're on your own most of the time.
Game On - Could be good for seeing the killer. c:
NOPE! - Would be really good for a quick escape.
Anyone want to rate mine? Repost since I know we are too lazy to click back to the first page XD:
True Altruism:
You actually care about saving people, so facing the great Entity head on makes the Entity's sacrifices harder to perform.
After rescuing a survivor on their second hook and healing them within one minute, the next time they are hooked, their sacrifice progress will refill 10/15/20 seconds into the first phase.
(Also happens once per survivor)
"Dab on those haters! *Rapidly Teabags*" "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"
-------
Stress and Hard Work Yields Success:
You get stressed being alone, but also stressed to keep up with others. When you are nearby a generator by 4 meters or working on a generator and more than one survivor is on the generator, all survivors continually gets rapid skill checks until the killer is within 28/32/36 meters from the generator. Great skill checks increases by 5/10/15% and Good skill checks increases by 10/15/25%.
"Congratulations on Gen rushing, guys!" (or "Congrats on missing ALL the skill checks what the heck.")
-------
Blood Scarred:
Whenever you are injured, gain potential in aura-reading. You can see the auras of survivors being chased within 24 meters. If the killer looks at your direction at least once, you can see scratch marks of the killer, lasting 1/2/3 seconds longer until the next time you are hooked or healed to the full state.
When not injured, gain the ability to drive the Entity away through a skillcheck whenever the Entity physically manifests in the Entity's World. (For example, Corrupt Intervention, Bamboozle, Spirit Fury. Does not affect Entity at hooks) Failing the skillcheck results in a noise notification and action speed penalty of 5% for one minute (Can Refresh). After the End Game Collapse timer is executed, you have 10 extra seconds to live.
"So...How's Life?"
True Altruism: Another good perk to help against camping, good.
Stress and Hard work Yields success: I'm bad at skill checks so not for me >_<
Blood Scarred: This one's really unique, I like it
If I r8 anymore I’ll die! 😩 xD
True Altruism:
You actually care about saving people, so facing the great Entity head on makes the Entity's sacrifices harder to perform.
After rescuing a survivor on their second hook and healing them within one minute, the next time they are hooked, their sacrifice progress will refill 10/15/20 seconds into the first phase.
"Dab on those haters! *Rapidly Teabags*" "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"
-No more camping xD
-------
Stress and Hard Work Yields Success:
You get stressed being alone, but also stressed to keep up with others. When you are nearby a generator by 4 meters or working on a generator and more than one survivor is on the generator, all survivors continually gets rapid skill checks until the killer is within 28/32/36 meters from the generator. Great skill checks increases by 5/10/15% and Good skill checks increases by 10/15/25%.
"Congratulations on Gen rushing, guys!"
-OP
-------
Blood Scarred:
Whenever you are injured, gain potential in aura-reading. You can see the auras of survivors being chased within 24 meters. If the killer looks at your direction at least once, you can see scratch marks of the killer, lasting 1/2/3 seconds longer until the next time you are hooked or healed to the full state.
When not injured, gain the ability to drive the Entity away through a skillcheck whenever the Entity physically manifests in the Entity's World. (For example, Corrupt Intervention, Bamboozle, Spirit Fury. Does not affect Entity at hooks) Failing the skillcheck results in a noise notification and action speed penalty of 5%. After the End Game Collapse timer is over, you have 10 extra seconds to live.
"So...How's Life?"
-meh
Go to sleep?* (I can't, I know I won't get all my homework done XD)
"So....How's Life?"
"Meh" XD
I saw my chance @Ember_Hunter
XD
I guess the second perk can be OP, direct counter against Hex Ruin, good combined with Technician when it actually works.
Sadly easily overtaken by Huntress's Lullaby (What a nightmare at max power) and Discordance. XD
(Plus, laggy computer? Bad at skill checks? Then that is an endangerment to the team :O)
Since everyone is rating each other's perks, I was wondering, can anyone rate mine?
My perks, if I were a Survivor:
Determination
Sleep Deprivation
Incidental Music
Thoughts?
@TheGameZpro3
The first one seems really conditional. If someone gets seen first they'll technically enter a chase and your perk will be wasted even if the Killer focuses on you. I wouldn't run it.
The second one seems like it could be okay at disguising your location at certain times but I think Iron Will would be better because this lets the Killer know that you are in a certain radius. I wouldn't run it either.
The third one is Pharmacy but for Flashlights (and it counters Franklin's). I'm not sure I'd run it outside of a memey build, but that's cuz I suck at using Flashlights well. Overall it seems like a good & fun perk to me.
My perks:
Procrastinator
"I need more time!"
You complete all actions 50% slower. Once the channel is 50% full you gain a 70% action speed bonus (basically just 20%) and skill check trigger odds are increased by 50%.
Slow and Steady
"Nice and Easy"
You move 50% slower across all movement actions but are silent during these actions.
Nexus Ward
"I've got your back!"
At the start of the trial this perk is deactivated. After you are adjacent to another survivor you can press the action key to ward them at which point the perk activates.
While the perk is active any time your ally would've taken damage you take damage instead. This effect persists until you enter the dying state. Once you enter the dying state the perk deactivates and your formerly warded ally will take damage again. After you re-enter the injured or healthy state again you can reactivate the perk (while adjacent to another survivor and after you press the action key).
Gain 100% more Bloodpoints in the Altruism Category.
The ward effect from your perk does not stack and can only be applied to one survivor at any given time.
perks:
1.-fight back: this perk can be use 1 time per trial if the killer have a survivor on hes shoulder and activated it make an animation that punch the killer face that stun him by 3/4/4.5s (you need to be close to activate this perk)
"you better escape from this guy" -Tru3Lemon
2.-so it happend: if the killer its near you youll get a token by 10s the max of token are 3 token, if the killer its near the survivor that its hooked you can insta save him and give him a speed boost and also and immune effect by 3s
"he shouldnt do this but he did" -Tru3Lemon
3.-im not done yet: while youre still in a spot you wont move and youll be very quite when youre breathing
"pls dont see me" -Tru3Lemon
First: Really good, a better version of Left Behind. :)
Second: Well, seems fit for Quentin... It's okay, but should it be that difficult? :O
Third: Basically a meme perk XD
Here you go original author ;)
First: Holy Frick, this is my spirit animal. I get found and chased first in 70% of my games XD
Second: Good for a distraction, but probably not as effective as Diversion.
Third: Great version of Pharmacy for those who want flashlights, not medkits. :D
Did this on the killer one so I might as well do this one too.
Introspection
-You tend to analyze your choices. Anytime you fail a skill-check or are put into the dying state, gain a token. For every token up until the 3rd/4th/5th token, gain 5% action speed. If you gain a 4th/5th/6th token, you lose the bonus and gain the Broken status effect until the end of the trial.
"I apologize I didn't give you a fair shake the first time, I promise I'll do better." -Chara
Solid Determination
-You have an intense passion to see your ideals through. Gain one of the following effects when leading the respective category in bloodpoints:
Boldness: Gain 3% extra movement speed and sounds emanated from movement are reduced by 25%/35%/50%
Survival: You are 25%/35%/50% more likely to get a Dull Key from a chest. You also gain 50% more bloodpoints in other categories.
Benevolence: Completing a Distraction or Protection scoring event has a 25%/35%/50% chance to not degrade a health state up to a maximum of 3 times.
Objective: Great skill checks give 3% extra progress and regression from Hex skill checks or failed skill checks is decreased by 25%/35%/50%
"But even with Deter it will probably take you awhile..." -Chara
Black Desire
-The nature of the trial and the minions of the entity intrigue you. Whenever a survivor is sent into the dying state, you are shown the killers aura for 3/4/5 seconds. Whenever a survivor is sacrificed, the killers aura is revealed to all survivors for 8/9/10 seconds.
"...You and I are not the same, are we?" -Chara
I felt bored. Posting another set of my survivor perks.
Gamer Time!:
Oh yeah, gamer time.
when you run for the first time in a chase, you run at an astounding 200% movement speed for 2/3/4 seconds. However, you are tremendously/tremendously/considerably harder to steer. If you crash into a wall, you are stunned for 5/4/3 seconds. This perk gives exhaustion for 180/120/90 seconds.
"Let's do this, epic gamers."
Ins and Outs:
You have been watching the game since it's release, and you know a crap ton about it.
If you stay within 8/10/12 meters of the killer, without being chased, for 20/18/16 seconds straight, the perk icon for this changes to a random perk the killer has, and even shows the tier. You can do this twice. In exchange, the killer also sees one perk you have (except Ins and Outs, cause he'll already know you have this) at random.
"This fuck3r has Infectious Fright... good to know."
"This fuck3r has Dead Hard… good to know."
You spin me round:
...round baby, round round, like a record baby, round round, round round. You ######### love that song!
Turning speed is slightly/moderately/considerably faster.
Unless you're walking, you're guaranteed a fast vault, doesn't matter the angle you run the pallet/window at. However, that has a cooldown of 25/20/15 seconds.
" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU " -Me, in the shower.
I was bored, again. And decided to make another perk set for me. This time with the twist that It's only music I love. However, the song "You Spin Me" is not here since it was in my second perk set.
Staying Alive:
They can tell by the way you use your walk, you ain't a lady man, but still no time to talk.
Each time the killer swings at you, but miss, you get 1/2/3 second(s) haste (speed of sprint burst). This perk has a cooldown of 20/15/10 seconds.
"Staying Alive, Staying Alive"
I'm gonna be (500 miles):
If you got chased by the killer for 500 seconds in a row, you gain a token. This token will affect all your teammates, and will give them 3%/4/%5% extra action speed for the rest of the trial. Up to a maximum of 5 tokens can be earned.
"Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles to drop dead at your door"
Don't stop Believin':
Each time a survivor is hooked, it usually brings despair, but you'll never stop believein in yourself. Each time a survivor is hooked, you gain a token. Up to a maximum of 6/7/8 tokens. If you get 3 tokens, you can kobe off the hook in second stage if you're the last one. If you gain 5, you can open the hatch without a key, but this takes 30/20/15 seconds. Lose a token each time your hooked.
"Hold on to that feelin'"
I'd sacrifice 4 perk slots for a key that tracks black lock auras, sets off their location hum (for the Survivor only) and unlocks them before their designated time
I'd also sacrifice the ability to use palets for a built in Alert perk.
I'd then wait for the Killer to set off Alert so I know where they are in relation to the hatch. I'd then make a bee-line for the hatch and leave.
These are the 3 perks I came up with if I were to have my own survivor. (PS this is based on me and not to offend anyone).
1st perk: Man Boobs (1st male only perk)
You have big old floppy man boobs.
When the survivor starts to run, the flopping of their man boobs causes an audible notification to the killer. When you are in the killer's terror radius, the killer is so distracted by your floppy man boobs that they have a 5% / 10% / 15% chance of missing their next hit.
2nd perk: Run You Fatty
How did I end up getting so fat?
If the survivor runs for more than 15/10/5 seconds, they immediately enter the exhausted state. While exhausted, the broken status will be added to the survivor. The survivor will lose the broken status effect once their exhaustion has ended. (Think of this as the upgraded No Mither)
3rd perk: I'm Going Baaaaaaald
Why does my hair keep thinning?
During the match, your survivor will randomly start to shed hair from the top of their head. Each time your hair sheds, you gain 1 token. Once you have 4 tokens, you gain the ability to spray the killer in the face with some Rogaine foam, adding the blinding effect for 3/4/5 seconds.
Pretty sure these are too OP for the game but they would be the best reflection of me so I'm for them.
Mind if i put my own personal perks here?
Urgency
you have a tendency to get things done before moving on to more dangerous tasks.
Start the trial with 5 tokens. each token increases your repair speed by 1%/2%/3%.
Lose 1 token whenever a generator is completed.
Fall of the Revolution
You'll deny this... monster the satisfaction of it's "goals", no matter the cost.
Whenever a survivor dies (killed, sacrificed, or disconnected), gain a token, up to a maximum of 1/2/3 tokens.
1 Token: The speed boost gained when being damaged by the killer is increased by 50%.
2 Tokens: the duration of the speed boost gained when being damaged by the killer is increased by 1 second.
3 tokens: if a hit from the killer would have downed you, instead gain the Deep Wound status effect for 20 Seconds.
Plan B
When regular escape means aren't an option, you take it upon yourself to find another way out.
grants the ability to interact with the hatch without the use of a key. doing so triggers a series of skillchecks.
Good skill checks increase progression by 5%.
Great skill checks increase progression by 10%.
Upon completing the action, the hatch automatically opens.
Plan B starts with 1/2/3 Tokens. Cancelling the interaction consumes 1 token, while missing a skill check consumes all tokens.
All my perks would be exhaustion or action speed perks, all I have to say.
I got some altruistic ideas to share here (although it isn't 100% accurate):
The first perk: Stayin' Up
You formed some rudimentary survival skills the others didn’t.
Your dying state and deep wound timers are increased by 60 seconds and 10 seconds respectively. After fully mending yourself or being healed back to injured state, gain a 5/6/7% Haste status effect for 15 seconds.
"Got some ######### to do, although it'll probably lead me to agony. Bye."
The second perk: Stab of Darkness
You can overcome the fear to face your worst enemies.
The perk becomes active after performing a safe hook rescue. After it’s been activated, the next protective hit you take will stun the Killer for 5 seconds.
Rescuing a Survivor from the Killer’s grasp in this way will apply Deep Wound status effect on them. They have 10/15/20 seconds to mend themselves.
Stab of Darkness has a cooldown of 180 seconds after the Killer has been stunned.
"Let's stab them with their own swords."
The third perk: Ride the Lightning
An unnatural bond links you to best friends you have left.
Rescuing a Survivor from the hook will activate the perk for 60 seconds.
While Ride the Lightning is active, the next hit that would put the rescued Survivor into the dying state will be negated and deal damage to you instead.
After taking a protective hit, your Auras will be revealed to each other, up to a maximum range of 64/96/128 metres.
Although only one Survivor can be protected by Ride the Lightning at the same time, you can trigger Aura reading benefit on multiple Survivors.
All effects of this perk are reset when you are hooked by the Killer.
"I suppose it does nothing, but you always have me. Just stay close and move on."