Am i the only one who thinks that defensive strike is better than old d strike?
Of course killer can counter it but what if there s no one ese to chase except that guy? From survivor point of view definetely for me new ds is way stronger you literally have a second chance now.
Comments
Oh it's definitively stronger when used right.
End game it's very strong, a full minute of the hook when the gens are completed is a huge amount of time to have immunity. Combine that with borrowed time or Mettle of Man and you've got yourself a free escape plus Now It can be used by all 4 survivors.
Happened to me while I was playing Trapper...survs didnt want to die ;_;
New one is actually worst, because if you are not TUNNELLING, DS perk becomes useless
Old one, if everyone stacks, it becomes stupidly OP
First of all forcing killer to not tunnel is already something big. Then it s incredibly strong from survivor point of view just try it out .
Adren/BT/DS/MoM build is insanely strong.
Its literally built in borrowed time lol
The new DS is better from the old DS
@DarkGGhost I disagree, the killer mains on here that went from hating DS to loving the changes should speak for itself , I saw a streamer have a 4 man DS and none of them got to use it at all and all died that match , it's very situational and if you're even half way decent at running the killer it will never proc unless you're getting camped and get farmed with no BT that's really the only time it's gonna be useful, in my opinion solo players will have more of a chance of using it because people farm each other and don't seem to care what happens in solo.
Lol i ve seen plenty games where old ds was never used either. People who think that new ds is just anti tunnel perk are delusional
@Slayer delusional? Ok so it only activates after the unhook for 60 secs if they aren't tunneling it doesn't work and like I said before the only other use is if you're farmed without BT in front of a camping killer , other than that it is absolutely an anti tunnel perk, and if you're half worth a ######### at this game you can run a killer long enough for it to not even work
I never used the old DS, but since the change I use it every now and then but I can rarely hit the skill check :-(
It's mostly used for endgame escapes, which is something your diatribe completely ignored.
it's really not tho. you don't need to tunnel to win games lol
Honestly no one should be able to complain about the new ds if your not a tunneller. Love the ds so much more than the old one.
definetely better
first of all you dont have to wiggle 35% - that was pretty much impossible + as a killer you hadnt any possibility of knowing it
you can't get dribbeled anymore - that was so annoying
as killer you dont get punished anymore. you down the survivor and you got em^^
and when it comes to the usage it feels very satisfying, way more than the old ds. The old DS was just DS, now it's a punishment for tunneling. if you are in the basement and try to come out of this jail and the kilelr doesnt allows, you still have DS. A second chance, you should use to run faaar away from the basement :P
it's really good, very fair and still very strong. I think, DS stands for the first nerfed perk the devs didnt destroy. Like in the beginning with STBFL and Unrelenting or other perks. And DS feels now really satisfying. And as a killer it doesnt bother me. I mean i tunneled, this seems pretty fair. Like a remind "doh doh doh! that's not fair! let im go, give him a chance!"
And you do a favor to your team too. I mean they are screwed up if you die so fast.
And one last thing
When I play killer i often have just 2 situations
the one i play fair and never get dsed
or the one i play dirty because i need it to get some pressure because i wanna win.. and theeeen maybee....i get dsed 1-2-3 times xD but it's funny it's okay, not like the old ds which denied every single hook youve got
Of course it is better. I would love to see more perks like this.
I think it's more in line with what the developers wanted for Decisive Strike. While it still has the potential to reward survivors for making stupid plays, at least now it requires two survivors to pull that off.
I despised the old DS and the toxic SWF abuse associated with it.
The new one however i run all the time, it does nothing if they don't tunnel, if they do they deserve it.
It doesnt require 2 . Everyone can still gen rush while that guy is recovering it takes only one sec to help him to get up.
@Orion
Ds is built in BT. And it should be used the same as bt to get most use of it. Unhook survivors at the very end of each stage to have more time for gen rush.