Final fool proof solution to moon walking legions HEAR ME OUT

Guys, I know it looks like a lot but I promise you’ll love this change. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking this through, give it a chance please?

LIST OF EDITS AND CHANGES FOUND AT THE BOTTOM.

If survivors do not begin to mend at all, their deep wounds timer will halt at 5%, and this can’t be abused as if they refuse to mend, they still can’t heal. This way, legion’s trying to moonwalk survivors will just be literally going backwards for the entirety of the match in frustration. If the legion attempts to use feral frenzy to down the survivor, the survivor will not receive damage to their deep wounds timer if it is already at 5%, removing their ability to spin around and catch up with feral frenzy for an easy down with a frenzy strike.


But what if he hits someone that’s mending with feral frenzy? Won’t matter, the mending bar resets every time you’re hit with frenzy remember? So therefore, your timer will once again not deplete past 5% until you try to mend again. Poor talentless legion wannabes.


Theres literally no reason to strike a survivor more than once with feral frenzy unless they’re the last or only target within detection radius that doesn’t have deep wounds already. Double swiping is totally ok, I do it all the time to whoever I’m chasing if there’s no one else within detection radius. It gives you a head start on their timer, which puts pressure on them. A third strike or higher, however, is completely unnecessary.


This won’t brake anything or make anything else unfair for either side. If you try to mend before it’s safe, you lose your fail safe and can be moonwalked, so you need to be sure you know it’s safe before you begin mending.


But won’t this make deep wounds feel useless? No, not at all actually. It will make it more powerful but less annoying. You can pretend to move away and then spin around to try and find them to scare them into stopping their mend and downing themselves. This is how it should be. They have to mend before they can heal. But they also can’t just cheese chases with feral frenzy. They’ve gotta try.


CHANGE: as suggested by @NuclearBurrito and @RotBb legion needs to retain his ability to down survivors with feral frenzy. The 5% timer immunity has been reverted.


WIP CHANGE: As suggested by @ClogWench “If you're looking for a means of changing just moonwalking without addressing the core problems with Legions power, maybe instead of not bleeding out during a chase, you don't bleed out in the killers terror radius unless he actively hits you more with FF. Opens up some potential perk synergies with terror radius perks without having the built in moonwalk strategy.” Which is important since eliminating the core issue allows the rest of his kit to be built around that change more productively.

Comments

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413537#Comment_413537

    wow, that is the worst response to reasoning I’ve ever heard. Nice opinion. Sorry you’re confused.

    No, I'm genuinely confused. It seems to me like you just listed a bunch of downsides the Legion has compared to the Plague. What were you trying to tell me with that?

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413534#Comment_413534

    Not really. Next to no one has actually given reasoning as to WHY it won’t work. That’s my problem.

    Okay I'll make it as simple as I can: for a killer with 110% movement speed, chases are considerably harder. They're mitigated by said killers having abilities to let them quickly close a gap and hit their target. Huntress has range, spirit moves fast in phase walk, hag can teleport and Legion can down with Feral Frenzy. Removing Feral Frenzys ability to down takes the only offensive leverage Legion had to counterbalance his low speed. Thus he now has all the weaknesses associated with 110% speed and nothing to make up for it in a chase.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413542#Comment_413542

    No, I'm genuinely confused. It seems to me like you just listed a bunch of downsides the Legion has compared to the Plague. What were you trying to tell me with that?

    plague can keep everyone from healing because she’s quick and has insane amounts of reach. Legion deals damage in bursts, and thus relies on survivors already being injured to make hitting the survivor at 110% movement speed more fair, as its a one hit down.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413538#Comment_413538

    Okay I'll make it as simple as I can: for a killer with 110% movement speed, chases are considerably harder. They're mitigated by said killers having abilities to let them quickly close a gap and hit their target. Huntress has range, spirit moves fast in phase walk, hag can teleport and Legion can down with Feral Frenzy. Removing Feral Frenzys ability to down takes the only offensive leverage Legion had to counterbalance his low speed. Thus he now has all the weaknesses associated with 110% speed and nothing to make up for it in a chase.

    Well in my several hours of experience with legion, 110% movement speed chases aren’t that bad. They’re very possible and just require a little bit of creativity to counter looping.

    Feral frenzy being used to end chases is something the community has a problem with. If he works, why haven’t people stopped looping and started hiding more?

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413547#Comment_413547

    plague can keep everyone from healing because she’s quick and has insane amounts of reach. Legion deals damage in bursts, and thus relies on survivors already being injured to make hitting the survivor at 110% movement speed more fair, as its a one hit down.

    What I am saying is that the Legion suggestion you are providing would make them like Plague (in the sense that their power can injure a Survivor but not down them unless they choose to do something about it) but with 110% speed. Some people already argue that Plague's power can just be ignored, so then what would that make the Legion suggestion?

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413549#Comment_413549

    Well in my several hours of experience with legion, 110% movement speed chases aren’t that bad. They’re very possible and just require a little bit of creativity to counter looping.

    Congratulations. Your personal experience does not negate the actuality that any good survivor can already run a skilled 115% killer for a while, and that for a 110% killer that's even easier for said survivor to do.

  • I am tired of being patronized for playing a killer of my choice and want to lessen the toxicity somehow so am trying to find a compromise so I don’t have to clean my inbox out as often.

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    I am tired of being patronized for playing a killer of my choice and want to lessen the toxicity somehow so am trying to find a compromise so I don’t have to clean my inbox out as often.

    The problem is you refuse to listen to criticism and already believe your idea is without flaw

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413518#Comment_413518

    Right, I'm sure you play all you games downing people just with basic attacks and not Feral Frenzy. Considering no survivors are even really IN red ranks this season, that sounds like a bold faced lie. Turning Legion into a 110% M1 killer with no time pressure does nothing to help him. You're more worried about your idea not working or not being than you are about Legion actually being in a good position.

    I use frenzy to injure them, then I proceed to down them. Guess I’ve got to make that even more simple and clear.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413554#Comment_413554

    Congratulations. Your personal experience does not negate the actuality that any good survivor can already run a skilled 115% killer for a while, and that for a 110% killer that's even easier for said survivor to do.

    And your claim doesn’t negate my experience. You see how terrible your line of reasoning is? Why it’s getting on my nerves? There’s no fact in what you said, is it plausible? Yes. But by my experience (and yes there’s been quite a few reds on Xbox) it’s possible and doesn’t feel too tasking for me.


    If a killer is getting looped, it’s because they’re just following in a circle and expecting to catch the survivor without trying to trick them into making a mistake. You control the chase. You move away, the survivor moves away, find someone else, wait for your opening and down them.


    Yes looping is a flaw in the game that was accidental or whatever I’ve heard it a thousand times on a thousand different complaint posts, but it’s what we have to deal with and there are ways to deal with it.

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413523#Comment_413523

    I use frenzy to injure them, then I proceed to down them. Guess I’ve got to make that even more simple and clear.


    Irrelevant. Still doesn't make a difference between your version and the current version.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413562#Comment_413562

    Irrelevant. Still doesn't make a difference between your version and the current version.

    It does, you cannot moonwalk survivors.

  • It doesn't make a positive difference in helping the legions winrate

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413557#Comment_413557

    And your claim doesn’t negate my experience. You see how terrible your line of reasoning is? Why it’s getting on my nerves? There’s no fact in what you said, is it plausible? Yes. But by my experience (and yes there’s been quite a few reds on Xbox) it’s possible and doesn’t feel too tasking for me.

    If a killer is getting looped, it’s because they’re just following in a circle and expecting to catch the survivor without trying to trick them into making a mistake. You control the chase. You move away, the survivor moves away, find someone else, wait for your opening and down them.

    Yes looping is a flaw in the game that was accidental or whatever I’ve heard it a thousand times on a thousand different complaint posts, but it’s what we have to deal with and there are ways to deal with it.

    You absolutely refuse to consider that your idea doesn't work so I'm done arguing with you. You're not here for a discussion, you're here to be told you're right and you're not gonna get anywhere like that. Making a 110% speed killer with no chase pressure will not help Legion.

  • This is my fix proposal:

    Credit to and for inspiring me with some of these ideas. These changes are all intended to go together:


  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    @RotBb “I don’t like it. It’s a change that will make legion from an average B tier killer to a D tier killer. This is because a survivor can hold their bar at 5% and then loop the legion, with no worries about their power to vault pallets and windows, because feral frenzy won’t hurt them anymore.” Is not very accurate because my experience with legion at high ranks has been positive. I’m able to down people and counter loops at 110%. THATS being ignored. That is annoying.

    Yeah I main legion too, but his entire power is contering loops with his feral frenzy, he can’t do it without his power.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413565#Comment_413565

    You absolutely refuse to consider that your idea doesn't work so I'm done arguing with you. You're not here for a discussion, you're here to be told you're right and you're not gonna get anywhere like that. Making a 110% speed killer with no chase pressure will not help Legion.

    I’m fine with being proven wrong. But what my post is aiming to accomplish is eliminating moonwalking. But you’ve provided next to nothing that can help the idea besides,”he needs a rework.” And “it doesn’t work.” As well as “irrelevant”.

    You’re ignoring the core of my argument and instead saying it doesn’t work because it’s my experience. Surely I can’t be the only legion that actually gets downs without only using feral frenzy?

    Sorry you feel that way. Didn’t mean to frustrate you.

  • @RotBb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413540#Comment_413540

    Yeah I main legion too, but his entire power is contering loops with his feral frenzy, he can’t do it without his power.

    Well then maybe we should take a step back and cancel the “5%” idea. Deep wounds recharge to 30% when mending when legion is within range and not facing the survivor.

  • Well for one if we are going to have the 5% thing then they will need to be instadowned from frenzy if they are hit by it while at 5%. Otherwise you will need further changes

  • Thank you for providing some feedback and alternatives. I really do appreciate that and I genuinely mean that.

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413582#Comment_413582

    I’m fine with being proven wrong. But what my postman is aiming to accomplish is eliminating moonwalking. But you’ve provided next to nothing that can help the idea besides,”he needs a rework.” And “it doesn’t work.” As well as “irrelevant”.

    Sorry you feel that way. Didn’t mean to frustrate you.

    If you're looking for a means of changing just moonwalking without addressing the core problems with Legions power, maybe instead of not bleeding out during a chase, you don't bleed out in the killers terror radius unless he actively hits you more with FF. Opens up some potential perk synergies with terror radius perks without having the built in moonwalk strategy.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413585#Comment_413585

    If you're looking for a means of changing just moonwalking without addressing the core problems with Legions power, maybe instead of not bleeding out during a chase, you don't bleed out in the killers terror radius unless he actively hits you more with FF. Opens up some potential perk synergies with terror radius perks without having the built in moonwalk strategy.

    There you go, that’s an idea that’ll help me come up with a better version. Thank you. I’m sorry you got frustrated, had some miscommunications.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    Well for one if we are going to have the 5% thing then they will need to be instadowned from frenzy if they are hit by it while at 5%. Otherwise you will need further changes

    Yes reverting the 5% frenzy immunity.

  • *Implying that the change was implimented

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/413574#Comment_413574

    It doesn't make a positive difference in helping the legions winrate

    That’s true, my experience overall does not reflect the different play styles and strategies of other players. Who am I to say they can’t play the way that makes them comfortable if they aren’t using the moonwalk exploit?

1 2 ›