Dear Fellow Console Users
Some of us feel betrayed or unloved by BHVR. The new chapter was revealed to pc on May 29th it is now June 25th. We have all heard it was a large patch that includes financial transactions which made it a long certification process. Ok i completely understand that. The problem is they "could have" released the chapter and removed the shard cap for all users across all three platforms at the same time and the PTB could've instead been used to test the store with pc still getting it first and console waiting on the store patch. I think that would have made better sense and the community wouldn't have felt as upset. The "curtain call chapter" wouldn't feel "old" already. It was poorly planned and executed. What can we do about it? We can complain all we want they won't listen this hasn't been the first time and most likely won't be the last as history usually repeats itself. Here is what you can do: DON'T BUY AURIC CELLS!!!!! If you want to buy the chapter go ahead or grind it . Use self-control and DO NOT BUY AURIC CELLS. You may say "hey i want shirtless David" who doesn't (actually i don't). The idea is the pc people bought their Auric cells so they have probably figured out an estimate of what to expect when console gets the store. LET'S MAKE OUR VOICE HEARD, Do NOT BUY THEM!!! I'm not saying forever just for a time a week, a month, 2 months, However long you can hold out to prove to them this treating CONSOLE like Second Class Citizens NEEDS TO STOP!!!
I personally will grind the chapter. I don't care about a white shirt for Kate.
I also won't buy the Auric Cells at this point i don't see anything special that i "need".
YOU CAN MAKE AS MANY POSTS AND COMMENTS ABOUT BHVR ALL YOU WANT BUT THEY WILL NEVER LISTEN.
MONEY TALKS!
Comments
So PC folks stop defending and think if you'd be ok with this? if consoles had it and the PTB and you were the ones waiting 5 or 6 months now with absolutely no changes to the game at all and then you get to watch as console makes videos showing off all the great new stuff and the devs move on with the celebration without you. Do you remember how bad the game had gotten before the update? I remember Tyde Time and the other youtubers all saying how until the update they were moving on to other games. We're still playing that game!! My guess you wouldn't ok with that at all!
A small company like this one will most definitely feel the financial pain they have caused themselves with this misstep. Every single person I know that plays this game on console has decide to reduce or not make any purchases for this game at all, and the sad part is that most of it is not to boycott but because we've gone too long without any kind of update! And that's a huge problem!! The wait we've been asked to endure since SAW is become wide enough its swallowed people interest in the game and to be hyped up for the new content only to watch others play with it for almost a month before you get anything is just such a bad PR move by BVHR that I dont know if they can recover, at least on console, and if it doesn't show up this week? "Curtain call" maybe a unfortunate but very appropriate name. :'(
I'm just pointing out how stupid your comment was, not what platform I am on or not... And if I bought a VW I'd expect it to run like a car, not a car with three square wheels. I gave the example of Warframe to help you here.
I think we console players have been, Pretty patient so far.
Production comes last. Design, development, testing, production. It's pretty logical, honestly. Not sure why you are arguing with me.
Not BHVR's testers and auditors. Sony and Microsoft's. They do need to certify the update before release. That means they audit it and give it a pass or fail.
Apparently some new rumor is saying that Sony failed it for certification. I don't know if that's true or not, but that must mean that it was tested over a period of time, correct?
Please note that I have not insulted you once. You may want to reciprocate, and have a normal discussion.
Giving out pathetic, canned PR responses like “it’s in certification” and “we’ll update when we have more info!” is not being clear. Not when other games add similar content (expansions, storefronts for microtransactions) and don’t take this long to get certification, and not when other developers can give their community a timeline on the entire process, and let us know when and why something failed, if it does.
The only explanation for this amount of time is they either sent it in later than they made it seem, or it failed and had to be resubmitted. Neither of which they communicated to the community, despite your theory that they have been clear about the update.
The only thing you pointed out here is how big a dumbass you are by not minding your business. WHy the heck would they bother optimizing a game for a base model when the new gen is out??? If you have a crappy old console why would you buy a new gen game for it ?? Who gives a flying fudge about warframe??? Are you a pervert troll on here talking about sex #########!? I dont care what platform your on tbh, you need to keep your pervert business out of other peoples opinions. Let me dumb it down more for you pervert, if your expecting people to spend their money on you because you have a crappy console, then you might as well #########.
With that said, the update doesn't feel fresh or new anymore. I was so pumped for the killer cosmetics and to make my Meg main unique and not the same as every Meg playing the game . Now the update feels like a meh to me .My son got me a $20 psn gift card for Father's day and was all fired up to drop it on the new killer, survivor and cosmetics. I'm not as excited for the update now and I'm pretty sure a lot of console players feel the same way.
I'm probably still going to drop something dough on this game when the update drops, but I am going to go use that $20 gift card on something else when I'm done typing this post .
And to the devs and mods. I have mad respect for you all putting this amazing game together, but I remember you all saying you wanted to be more "transparent" moving forward with the players of your game. Where is this transparency for us console users? Not even a tweet "hold tight guys! We just have to blah blah blah" . It's the little things that keeps people loyal and happy .
I do have this game for PC and actually prefer playing it on PS4 .I have about 2 hours played on the PC and probably over a 1000 hours on the PS4 .I don't want to start over playing on the PC when all of my PS4 chars are where I want them perk and level wise .
I'm not sure he can to be honest xD
This is DBD I dont do normal lmao , your in the wrong forum buddy, get out of here with that crap.
And you butted into the thread just to tell the poster to shut up and stop being immature. If you dont agree with a post then ignore and move on, dont tell someone what they can say and cant say. And why are you even trolling people if you know about the business. If I found out who you are I would report you to your company for trolling and harassment. And I dont know what models your describing with your words but Production encompasses the whole process of development. Testing is only really done when the actually product hits the market and real world testing is done out in the field so yeah. Furthermore, design is module that is done waaaaay before anything else and also future design and development of the already finalized product. It sounds like your reading out a really old book from the 90's. Your trolling is an insult to everyone especially since you call yourself a good at this job person. Why the heck are you on here then ######### lol
jail club is too exclusive for most
Like you've done? Oh wait, no, you called someone a pervert and flagged every comment not agreeing with you... xD
Lol
Edit: And someone flagged me for abuse. Oook
As someone who worked in Q&A and auditing in the high tech industry for close to 5 years the posts here are both astounding in their intellectual dishonest and outright falsehoods. The way the games industry works (note having been a internal tester) goes idea, development and testing all internal. Then it goes through more internal testing before being tested by sneak peek testers who give feedback. Once they review all that it gets put on the PTB or PTR or w/e you'd like to call it for more of the same.
Then after they get as much data as possible they try and get rid of bugs they'er aware of and pull out stuff they can't fix or make work like they want. Once it goes live they get more testing done since there's always stuff that gets past testing, I mean look at EA and Blizzard etc and how often stuff that's horrendous gets by.
For the stuff they pull it goes back for more of the same internal pattern and for the stuff they find post release they add it to that internal testing.
About that claim the pc release has been out for 1 month BULLSHEET !!!!! The PTB being out isn't an actual pc release, that's why it's called a TESTING Build because it's where you test things. You had to download a seperate program in order to test it, nothing you earned there was transferable to your pc account. So stop lying with that line of crap, it's stupid.
Now for the console releases let this be plain and clear since the claims about this are beyond stupid and false.
THE Q&A AND AUDITING PEOPLE DON'T WORK FING WEEKENDS. IT'S BASICALLY A 9-5 TYPE THING Now if that isn't obvious enough since they don't work weekends it's why it's called business days. It's only been 10 business days not 2 weeks and so the console updates usually come out on the 12 or 13th business day.
This would align with being 2-3 days before the Shrine of Secrets is supposed to come back on the 29th. It's almost as if it's like the devs said that they expected the console release to take about 2 weeks. Which is why gasp the Shrine of Secrets was coming out almost exactly 2 weeks from when console would be out.
Now if it isn't out by this week then you have a reason to complain and if it's delayed and they don't say why complain away. If you want it faster than buy a pc or quit complaining and realize that everyone out there does this, console versions are almost always released later. That's unless it's a console release 1st then pc users usually WAIT MONTHS for a release.
You chose to go the console route and yes pc's are expensive but how much have you spent on those consoles hundreds of dollars or more in a short period of time? If you'd waited and saved money you'd have a pc and I've been in both Gamestop (haven't in a long time) and other places where I see console users plopping down $400-2k on consoles and or games at 1x.
Lastly yes it sucks pc's cost so much and that consoles screw you over a longer time period moneywise. But you have to decide what's more important, saving that money for something that'll get a quicker release? (pc's have been out longer so of course their stuff comes out quicker). It could be worse, you could be stuck with a Mac.
How dare you think critically and be a voice of reason! You need to get your tin foil hat out or be flagged to oblivion! It's clearly obvious that BHVR wants to punish console users and anger their customers. They want this negativity. They want people to "boycott" the DLCs and the store. It's their evil plan!
/sarcasm
Lol, they don't make games on Mac
*Edit: Oh, that was your point. Whoosh
The wait will soon be over and we will get to enjoy all of it. Just have to hold tight a bit longer.
Wonder if whatever amount it is, was worth having to listen to that shitshow tourney?
I think if they gave us a definitive date of release for the DLC and we never got it, the "boycott" would be justified. But in this case we got an estimate, nothing more, nothing less. There was no promise of a time frame and all these "theories" or how things should be do not make it true. Next time I hope they just say "Console will be out at a later date" and leave it at that just so people can't give them flack for a literal estimate. I'll be buying the update and some cute Feng Min cosmetics and hopefully gassing all the meanies in the carnival 8-)
Yeah the new cosmetics are super neat, I'll be buying some as soon as I can (the ones I want can't be earned via Shards).
Stop Console Segregation
I don't mind to wait, but when it's 2 weeks I start getting a little impatient.
I'm sorry I must've misunderstood. I would like it to go that way as well but the game has always been PC first, I'm happy I can even play it on console and many developers follow the same process. I find they are too excited to release the content for an ever hungry community and making everyone wait would just cause more animosity between platforms for having to wait due to having the PTB and PC knowing through steam the update could be there much sooner. It is better to face the evil you know then the one you don't. If it works then YAY! but I most definitely do not have the willpower to hold out lol.
I think you're the one that's delusional, once they send it to the console makers it's out of their hands unless and until they get told otherwise. I posted about it above and all the console players complaining about this with the false statements ensure 1 thing. In the future they'll do what other companies do and say it'll come out at a later date, no estimates.
They also can't do both releases at the same time, it doesn't work that way and when consoles do a release pc users sometimes either never get it or have to wait months for a release.
Finally some challenges for all the console experts posting all the nonsense.
Go create your own company, get it funded, make a game for pc. Then go try and get it through the certification process for the console makers. When you have to wait like everyone else that makes games then you'll know what Behavior has to deal with. There isn't a single one of you complaining that actually knows what you're talking about or how any of this works. Why not get a job with those companies in those fields so you can understand it all.
But that'd mean having to go to school and take the proper classes, and then actually putting in the work and dealing with all the crap etc of trying to do that stuff.
it remembers me a year ago, that we console players wait a month to get the Lullaby Chapter. Sure it was new for BHVR, send the Update and DLC, go trough cetification ....
But it's a year ago, BHVR is more experienced with that certification. It worked so well with a worldwide release with the SAW Chapter. Sure, update 2.0.0 is a big patch and we know that the certification needs time but thats too long. The Informations we get "Soon" or else doesn't make us happy or satisfied.
I really hope the update comes today.
he returns the favor ten-fold.
My main confusion with all of this, is I am pretty sure they could always communicate with MS and Sony. Get some form of update to where the process is, and relay it back to the community. Instead of letting everyone sit on their thumbs growing more and more impatient with the lack of updates...
I really don't see how this is such a big deal for people to want. We enjoy the game, we were hyped for the dlc. Now we are watching youtube videos and streamers playing all of it while we are stuck with a crappy shrine and maxed BP/Shards...
.... oh wait, there are tons of others just like these. Yet all these other games have devs who communicate on a clear basis exactly when it’s coming and why it might need to be resubmitted if it fails. We don’t need to spend years going to school and tens of millions of dollars making a game just to find out what we already know, LOL.
I can assure you I am most definitely not angry and nonplussed about when the update hits. Just suprises me how whiny people are.