What was it that originally introduced you to this game and what drew you to it?
For me, youtubers I watch started posting videos of it and I thought it looked really interesting. What drew me to it was just the idea of a cat and mouse game with a lot of different ways to play.
Comments
no idea, i just got hooked
I enjoy fighting games so I watch Tru3Ta1ent sometimes. I decided to watch him play this a few times and it got me interested.
I played a lot of Payday 2 back in the day. I saw Starbreeze was promoting DBD in the forums and followed the game for a while. Played the beta and the rest is history.
I was watching Bahroo on Twitch who I knew via Borderlands (WTB BL3 btw, hurry up allready!) and he started to play DBD.
Really enjoyed it so the next time I was on Twitch I watched SxY HxY / Angrypug play DBD and then decided to get the game for myself.
I wonder how much of this games success is owed to the Twtich community, it feels like a runaway niche cult classic game which became popular due to Twitch.
Were the streamer exclusives a thankyou nod in their direction.
Found a link on the PAYDAY 2 forums asking people to click their 'Save Me!' links (only OGs remember that lmao).
I was intrigued and did so. From the short clip of Dwight getting chased and hooked, I set up my own link, got into the beta, had a blast and purchased the game.
I learned about dbd from youtubers who loved horror games like BryceGames and HybridPanda and when I saw them play it the game looked like so much fun. Its also the only game I know of that has multiple famous horror movie killers.
This is also how I came to learn about the game. Though I didn't play the beta, as I didn't want to pay extra to get in. I just watched footage.
Friends of mine started playing back in the day and I also watched a Youtuber checking this game out. I really, really wanted to play, but I didn't buy the game immediately, because you weren't ably the change the key bindings (i'm left-handed and play.. strange.). After they updated that, I bought it. At the beginnning I was really afraid of the killers. And also, I never played on my own and we ALLWAYS played in KYF. Then, we started to play against others and I somehow got attached to it. Already 2k hours. Damn, time flies so fast.
Sneaking/hiding from a terrifying killer.
Sadly, this core aspect has “seemed” to drift a little bit. But I have faith the Dead By Daylight team will deliver a satisfying, unique experience.
same, i've been playing since the closed alpha and i still love it.
Michael. Myers.
...and then the pallet nation attacked
The very first thing that drew me was when you could play as Michael Myers in a video game.
That sold me.
I had a friend who bought the game for me, and it was nice because we found a new multiplayer game to enjoy. We play a lot of games, so we tend to wear them out pretty quickly & constantly need new games to play together.
Watching frustrated players on youtube (really)
Some of my friends wanted to play it, I jumped on the hype train with them played it first for only 20 hours then stopped for half a year after that the game consumed me completly and after 10 additional months with work and boring real life I got 550 hours rising ;D happy with the game
I recently started playing again on the PS4 to spend time with a friend of mine in the US, as we don't get to hang out anymore (I moved to Europe).
I used to play deceit, some dude told me that if I like deceit I would love dbd, and here I am
It was a trial on ps4 one day so I tried it and been here since
I actually saw this game talked about at PAX or E3, back when they just had the Trapper.
Honestly had been following F13 for PS4 release. While reading up on it, saw DbD mentioned. Looked it up, completely abandoned my interest in F13 and been playing since day 1 of PS4 launch
I saw Ohmwrecker, H20Delirous, Cartoonz and Bryce playing the Halloween Chapter. I could not wait to give them my money for the game.
I saw the game before in some sort of ad somewhere but never really thought of it until I saw the Halloween DLC then I immediately bought it. I'm a fan of Asymmetrical games and horror games so this was a pretty straight forward choice for me.