How long does it take to break a pallet/generator?

Hello all,

I just started recently playing and am debating if brutal strength is worth it. To make that decision, I need to know how long it takes to destroy a pallet and also a generator.

Unfortunately, I cannot find this information anywhere, not even on the official wiki.

Does anyone know how long it takes (default) and/or where I can find that info?

Thank You!

Comments

  • Brutal strength is worth it, but depends on how you play. I personally believe that any killer except for huntress and plague highly benefit from it; as they do not really need it due to their power.

  • @xility said:

    Brutal strength is worth it, but depends on how you play. I personally believe that any killer except for huntress and plague highly benefit from it; as they do not really need it due to their power.

    1 perk slot.

  • @xility said:

    Brutal strength is worth it, but depends on how you play. I personally believe that any killer except for huntress and plague highly benefit from it; as they do not really need it due to their power.

    I am playing as trapper. I just got the game. Debating going Sloppy Butcher + Nurse's Calling + Brutal Strength + No one escapes death.


    Any input?


    And does anyone know the actual time?

  • Pallet Breaking Times:
    <v1.6.3 = 3.0s
     v1.7   = 2.6s
    
    Brutal Stengh Increases:
    <v1.6.3 = 20%/30%/40%
     v1.7   = 10%/15%/20%
    
    Actual Times with Brutal Strength
    <v1.6.3 = 2.4s /2.1s /1.8s
     v1.7   = 2.34s/2.21s/2.08s
    

    Based on other versions.


    So I would say 0.5 second decrease with tier 3.

  • You save about 0.5 seconds with tier 3.

    About 2.6 seconds without, and 2.1 seconds with T3 BS.

    However, if you destroy 10 pallets in a trial, then you would have saved a total of 5 seconds.


    In this game every second counts.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402051#Comment_402051

    @MystiKasT these numbers might not sound like much but microseconds count in this game. You’ll feel less anxious about kicking gens and breaking pallets with BS as the survivors trying to get away won’t have made much ground.

    BS is a good perk

    What do you think of sloppy butcher, nurser's calling, no one escapes death, and brutal strength/other?

    I can't decide I want brutal strength as my 4th or not.

    Can you please help? This is for trapper. I do get looped into pallets a bit, but would thanatophobia be better since I plan to keep them wounded?


    edit: I just got the game so no DLC chars and shrine of secrets has had trash this and past cycle.

  • Honestly, run RUIN.

  • @MystiKasT thats a solid perk build for beginners without DLC perks (but even later on it would be solid)

    Take BS, as the others mentioned its a great help when chasing people.


    Has anyone every compared BS and Spirit Fury? I was wondering which perk i would benefit more of, since BS also helps to kick gens but SF breaks the pallet instant in a chase.

  • @xility said:

    Honestly, run RUIN.

    I don't have that killer and it isnt in shrine unfortunately :(

  • If it was me I would run:

    sloppy butcher, no one escapes death, and brutal strength. With a forth perk slot free for what ever you desire.

    Basically, I personally would remove nurses calling from your setup because it would not work in your full advantage since trappers terror radius is 32 metres and nurses calling works within 28 metres. Survivors are less likely to heal within your radius. Nurses calling is best suited for stealth/fast killers and killers with a small terror radius. So maybe run Thanataphobia to compliment sloppy.

  • @xility said:

    Honestly, run RUIN.

    @xility Ruin does not work, everyone powers through it

  • Wraith can obtain the fastest pallet break if you use the right perks and addons.

    About a 0.3 second break iirc

  • Its the most important perk for a killer period IMO.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I would advise against getting used to relying on crutch perks like NOED and Ruin.

    What do you suggest instead of NOED?

  • You can power through it but unless survivors are hitting every great skill check (unlikely if they aren't super experienced) then it's still slowing things down. And on trapper you need all the time you can buy

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402288#Comment_402288

    You can power through it but unless survivors are hitting every great skill check (unlikely if they aren't super experienced) then it's still slowing things down. And on trapper you need all the time you can buy

    You are right. I hope ruin or BBQ & CHili show up in shrine soon.

  • @MystiKasT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/403698#Comment_403698

    You are right. I hope ruin or BBQ & CHili show up in shrine soon.

    If you build up the shards, I'd recommend getting Hag outright. She's a really strong killer and, of course, comes with Ruin.