Dear devs, thanks for punishing non-Enduring users

Why does everything have to be complicated with you guys when you do a "fix"?

Why couldn't you just remove Enduring's interaction with DS and leave the stun at 3 seconds like sensible people would have done?

Now you're punishing every single Killer who doesn't run Enduring. Thanks for once again giving yet another incentive to be less diverse with Perk builds.

I'm sorry, but I literally have zero understanding for this IMO stupid decision.

You better not attempt to nerf Enduring's percentages in the future should it become meta, because that would be 100% on you and your decision today.

It's unfortunate that this isn't the Steam forum, because I would quite like to use their facepalm emoji now.

Comments

  • @not_Queef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400196#Comment_400196

    Oh look, an informative post that doesn't resort to namecalling. Thanks for the info, I was wrong in this case. I don't know where I heard that it was a bug, then.

    Regardless, the only reason they made snapping out a form of healing was to buff a weak killer. It made no sense and it is good that they reverted this change.

    Mending still isn't a form of healing.

    @not_Queef

    -Sees first two paragraphs- Cool.

    -Sees last sentence- I see you don't own a dictionary. I gotcha.

    Screenshot 2019-04-03 at 11.38.02 AM.png

    Edit: I realize I might have not read correctly, but Mending SHOULD count as healing. Given that mending literally means to heal.

  • Guys I’m pretty sure the reason they buffed the base stun was because 3 seconds wasn’t entirely enough for most people to get away from a killer when including the animation locked time.


    3 seconds on old ds didn’t have any time locked animation, so a t1 ds was farther than the new ds was, which is why people felt like it was so useless by comparison. (Since it was counting the time the killer was still picking up the survivor)


    by buffing it, the stun is comprable to old t2 ds.


    Its completely fair. The devs still want the perk to be used, they just don’t want it to singlehandedly win games


    (which makes me wonder why they made MoM directly after fixing ds xD)

  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400090#Comment_400090

    I don't care about how you play Killer or if or not you have issues with Emblems (which is not part of this discussion anyways). And if you imply that I'm some low-rank, low-hour nobody giving feedback, you clearly have zero idea who I am.

    With that tone of voice I am certain that you are one now. "you clearly have no idea who I am" Imao you sound like an entitled valley girl. Its okay to be a low hour nobody and rank means nothing bub. <3

  • Tunneling is (and has been) best way for killers to win. Killers can't compete against current gen speed if four survivors survive until end of the match. This point should be resolved before punishing these killers if devs want to force killers to stop tunneling. 

  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/398846#Comment_398846

    A bug? You must be hilarious at parties.

    It was specifically designed to work with A Nurse's Calling and the devs even stated that they specifically excluded Snap Out of It from being affected by Coulrophobia, because they deemed an interaction of the two too powerful.

    When they came up with Mending, that originally was a healing action. They realised that they would once again have to program in all those exceptions again, so they went the easier way and told the game to not consider it a Healing action and then did the same with Snap Out of It.

    Seriously, get your facts straight before you try to argue with me.

    Why are you being so hostile? Chillax 🤠


    A 5 second stun is not the end of the world but I'll admit not the best decision the developers made. They should have changed the description to say that the perk fills the wiggle meter to 100% upon succeeding the skill check. Therefore, making Enduring not affect DS because wiggle free stuns aren't affected by Enduring. I think the stun duration would've stayed the same but I'm not sure how long a wiggle free stuns the killer.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/398857#Comment_398857

    Why are you being so hostile? Chillax 🤠

    A 5 second stun is not the end of the world but I'll admit not the best decision the developers made. They should have changed the description to say that the perk fills the wiggle meter to 100% upon succeeding the skill check. Therefore, making Enduring not affect DS because wiggle free stuns aren't affected by Enduring. I think the stun duration would've stayed the same but I'm not sure how long a wiggle free stuns the killer.

    With Enduring it's currently 2.28 seconds stun since the other 1.32 seconds the survivor is also stunned. What they need to do but couldn't most likely was recode Enduring to be ignored instead.

  • "Now you're punishing every killer who doesn't run Enduring."


    No, actually, now they're punishing killers that tunnel someone off the hook in under a minute with a perk that was ALREADY INTENDED to punish someone who tunnels off the hook in under a minute.

    3 seconds was pathetic, a survivor has to be in a really ######### situation for it to even go off and 5 seconds is much more reasonable as a chance to escape the killer than 3 seconds where they basically can't even get out of sight.

  • @No1TheLarch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400156#Comment_400156

    With that tone of voice I am certain that you are one now. "you clearly have no idea who I am" Imao you sound like an entitled valley girl. Its okay to be a low hour nobody and rank means nothing bub. <3

    Yeah, you clearly don't know me. Thankfully, most others do so I couldn't care less.

    @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/398857#Comment_398857

    Why are you being so hostile? Chillax 🤠

    A 5 second stun is not the end of the world but I'll admit not the best decision the developers made. They should have changed the description to say that the perk fills the wiggle meter to 100% upon succeeding the skill check. Therefore, making Enduring not affect DS because wiggle free stuns aren't affected by Enduring. I think the stun duration would've stayed the same but I'm not sure how long a wiggle free stuns the killer.

    Not once in the history of telling someone to calm down or relax has this worked.

    Old DS stunned for 5 seconds (because it was bugged on all Tiers). Take that into account and we all should know, that such a long stun is a problem with all the loop spots.

    A wiggle free stuns for 3 seconds.

    @anarchy753 said:

    "Now you're punishing every killer who doesn't run Enduring."

    No, actually, now they're punishing killers that tunnel someone off the hook in under a minute with a perk that was ALREADY INTENDED to punish someone who tunnels off the hook in under a minute.

    3 seconds was pathetic, a survivor has to be in a really ######### situation for it to even go off and 5 seconds is much more reasonable as a chance to escape the killer than 3 seconds where they basically can't even get out of sight.

    If that were the case in all scenarios, I would be fine with DS.

    But it is not being used to punish tunnellers exclusively, it also punishes non-tunnellers and quite a lot of times at that.

    Some a-holes of Survivors actively seek out the Killer with it and because of the timer being so long, it's very much possible to go for the other Survivor, down them, hook them (so clearly NOT tunnelling the original Survivor), then find the original Survivor again and still get DSed because you're within those 60 seconds.

    And end-game becomes non-existent and a free escape for the DS user SOLELY because they chose to equip that Perk. You only have two options: pick them up and get stunned or leave them crawling on the ground. Doesn't matter, they'll escape through the gates either way.

  • @Choklomba said:

    Don't tunnel and you won't get hit by the stun

    ez

    don't get hit, so you don't need to ######### about NOED


    ez

  • @RSB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/398743#Comment_398743

    don't get hit, so you don't need to ######### about NOED

    ez

    I have no problems with noed, enjoy your 5 secs stun tunneler LMAO


  • @Choklomba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402180#Comment_402180

    I have no problems with noed, enjoy your 5 secs stun tunneler LMAO

    Quite a strong words for a guy, who probably bought this game 2 months ago and plays only survivor ;>

  • @RSB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402265#Comment_402265

    Quite a strong words for a guy, who probably bought this game 2 months ago and plays only survivor ;>

    I played both and I main survivors because you need a brain to play them

    Also I have 700 hours and I'm rank 4. I'm just new to the forum

  • @Choklomba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402271#Comment_402271

    I played both and I main survivors because you need a brain to play them

    Also I have 700 hours and I'm rank 4. I'm just new to the forum

    "I play survivor, because you need brain to do it"


    Yeah, like I said, 2 month newb playing only survivor.

  • @RSB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402278#Comment_402278

    "I play survivor, because you need brain to do it"

    Yeah, like I said, 2 month newb playing only survivor.

    is anything wrong?

    Everyone knows that killer is easy to play lmao

    Like if you say killers are harder then I'd say you are the guy with the 2 month ;D

  • Is anything wrong?

    Everyone knows that killer is easy to play lmao

    Like if you say killers are harder then I'd say you are the guy with the 2 month ;D


  • @Choklomba said:

    Is anything wrong?

    Everyone knows that killer is easy to play lmao

    Like if you say killers are harder then I'd say you are the guy with the 2 month ;D

    Really, you know nothing about this game. The fact, that you consider survivor side harder, than killer is just hilarious.


    2 month newb, probably an ochidoling too. You saw a couple of survivor videos on youtube, and you think you are playing the "hard" side, because your idols said that. Pathetic and disgusting.


    If running around an object, rapidly clicking flashlight and crouch buttons is "using brain", then I'm really sorry for your future and self-esteem.


    Try to play killer at R1, and don't hesitate to come back here to ######### about looping.

  • @RSB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402292#Comment_402292

    Really, you know nothing about this game. The fact, that you consider survivor side harder, than killer is just hilarious.

    2 month newb, probably an ochidoling too. You saw a couple of survivor videos on youtube, and you think you are playing the "hard" side, because your idols said that. Pathetic and disgusting.

    If running around an object, rapidly clicking flashlight and crouch buttons is "using brain", then I'm really sorry for your future and self-esteem.

    Try to play killer at R1, and don't hesitate to come back here to ######### about looping.

    Running around objects? LMAO

    you must be the guy who just throw pallets and causes his team to lose or just camp them LMAO

    Yeah it's really for killer to hide his red stain by spinning the mouse and it's really hard to hold m1 or do some mindgames by double vaulting

    How about you go ahead and try to get to rank1 with survivor? oh wait no one can cause survivors are hard and killers are EZ

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402289#Comment_402289

    so noobs = people play only survivor?

    lol. you sound like an entitled killer main. just stop tunneling and play fair.

    wait. killer is hard? L.O.L.

    are you serious? R.O.F.L.

    dude it's jokingly easy. i always win matches. i have op perks? i always run sloppy, BBQ, nurse's calling and thana. i don't even run hex:ruin or noed,

    you're probably the killer who never protects his gens thinking ruin will carry him. and always taking noed to get a free hook and facecamp the hooked person because you're scared of losing.

    and based on your answer. you're probably a tunneler too.

    try playing fair and not ruining the experience for other players for once.

    you'll like it i promise you. survivor will say " GG. well played. nice skills " at the end game instead of what you always hear " noob camper, noob noed, ez lol "

    what a bad killer lol.

    for once. just for once.

    instead of losing and complaining saying survivor is op please nerf. try getting better at the game. maybe because you're still a bad killer. just think like this for once lol.

    @Choklomba this guy is probably mad because he used to tunnel the unhooked survivors and camp them. you can ignore him. he'll learn.. i hope...

    [before you say something. 45% of my games are killer games. a rank 1 killer. and 80% of them are wins. the only time i lose is when the survivors are pretty good. and i don't go and whine for buffs. i just say gg. wellplayed. if you think killer is hard. just git gud]

    Took you quite long to log onto the another account.


    Before you say anything - same grammar, same language mistakes, same "ROFL OMG LOLZ" #########. Yeah.

  • @RSB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402309#Comment_402309

    Took you quite long to log onto the another account.

    Before you say anything - same grammar, same language mistakes, same "ROFL OMG LOLZ" #########. Yeah.

    HeY gUyS i GoT RoLleD bY sUrViVoRs sO i'Ma jUsT ChAnGe tHe sUbJect

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402310#Comment_402310

    @Choklomba i suggest we ignore him at this point. he'll keep whining and creating excuses like an idiot.

    btw add me on steam i wanna play a bit with u.

    same name

    Sure

  • @Choklomba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402312#Comment_402312

    HeY gUyS i GoT RoLleD bY sUrViVoRs sO i'Ma jUsT ChAnGe tHe sUbJect

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402312#Comment_402312

    same account? lol so instead of facing the truth. you start making excuses. that's a big L.O.L.

    If you think I got "rolled" by, then I`m sorry. Living in denial is hard, I hope it won't hit you much when you will recognise the truth.


    Playing survivor is braindead easy.


    And yes, most noobs are survivors, who think they are good. Sweet irony. Shame they DC when their "skill" is not high enough when they miss the DS skillcheck, or when their "intelligent" loop does not work as intended.

    But you can think what you want, play only one side, and don't know anything about the game.


    I, at least, don't play this game on low ranks, and my playtimes is not <100hours. I, as well, play this game on both roles, so I can see what bothers both sides.


    Can you tell the same about you? No, you can't. Only complete noobs and ignorants behave like you do.

  • Stop derailing the thread @Choklomba and @Heroiq

    Your replies are utterly immature and cringe-worthy.

    Feel free to believe that the Killer side is harder, no one cares if you like living in a fantasy world.

    Thankfully the majority knows better.

  • That's not a justification to continue onwards.

  • @TheMadDoctor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/398774#Comment_398774

    Still, 5 seconds seems excessive and this is from a killer main who thought the 3 seconds was too short. That mixed with being able to move one second after it hits is nuts. Still, if this is what they want to do, fine just don’t buff the timer. Now it shall be a slugging meta....ooooh shiiiiit.

    Unfortunately, slugging is so frowned upon by survivors that it has been nerfed into ground. At this point I'm wondering why this game even needs killers when a lot of strats and tech just keep getting dumpstered every patch. Like really why bother when you have to choose between having fun or the same old crap the same old ways with the same old builds to get the same value. DS buff is maybe a bit heavy handed. Making the stun longer and getting to move on the first second doesn't feel good.

    They could have made the stun a special state that didn't respond to Enduring. They could have just made it so you could move on the first second like they did. I always feel you balance stuff around the game you have and right now I don't see a lot of survivors who don't run sprint burst, adrenaline(another perk that should be looked at), or some sort of speed enhancing exhaustion perk. It is like they balance some of this stuff in a vacuum instead of looking at the most dominant perk combinations involving what they are balancing.

  • @RSB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402278#Comment_402278

    "I play survivor, because you need brain to do it"

    Yeah, like I said, 2 month newb playing only survivor.

    @RSB sometimes its better to smile and enjoy silently instead of trying to argue =)

  • @RSB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402320#Comment_402320

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402317#Comment_402317

    If you think I got "rolled" by, then I`m sorry. Living in denial is hard, I hope it won't hit you much when you will recognise the truth.

    Playing survivor is braindead easy.

    And yes, most noobs are survivors, who think they are good. Sweet irony. Shame they DC when their "skill" is not high enough when they miss the DS skillcheck, or when their "intelligent" loop does not work as intended.

    But you can think what you want, play only one side, and don't know anything about the game.

    I, at least, don't play this game on low ranks, and my playtimes is not <100hours. I, as well, play this game on both roles, so I can see what bothers both sides.

    Can you tell the same about you? No, you can't. Only complete noobs and ignorants behave like you do.

    like if we play on low ranks XD

    dude what you're saying has nothing to do with the subject you're just saying some random thing, I already told you that I play BOTH roles.

    also your logic about DC sucks because killers also DC when survivors flash save or When his carrying perks get destroyed (Noed, ruin LMAO) or when he gets looped to oblivion ;D

  • @RSB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402320#Comment_402320

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402317#Comment_402317

    If you think I got "rolled" by, then I`m sorry. Living in denial is hard, I hope it won't hit you much when you will recognise the truth.

    Playing survivor is braindead easy.

    And yes, most noobs are survivors, who think they are good. Sweet irony. Shame they DC when their "skill" is not high enough when they miss the DS skillcheck, or when their "intelligent" loop does not work as intended.

    But you can think what you want, play only one side, and don't know anything about the game.

    I, at least, don't play this game on low ranks, and my playtimes is not <100hours. I, as well, play this game on both roles, so I can see what bothers both sides.

    Can you tell the same about you? No, you can't. Only complete noobs and ignorants behave like you do.

    like if we play on low ranks XD

    dude what you're saying has nothing to do with the subject you're just saying some random thing, I already told you that I play BOTH roles.

    also your logic about DC sucks because killers also DC when survivors flash save or When his carrying perks get destroyed (Noed, ruin LMAO) or when he gets looped to oblivion ;D

  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401869#Comment_401869

    Yeah, you clearly don't know me. Thankfully, most others do so I couldn't care less.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/401975#Comment_401975

    Not once in the history of telling someone to calm down or relax has this worked.

    Old DS stunned for 5 seconds (because it was bugged on all Tiers). Take that into account and we all should know, that such a long stun is a problem with all the loop spots.

    A wiggle free stuns for 3 seconds.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402031#Comment_402031

    If that were the case in all scenarios, I would be fine with DS.

    But it is not being used to punish tunnellers exclusively, it also punishes non-tunnellers and quite a lot of times at that.

    Some a-holes of Survivors actively seek out the Killer with it and because of the timer being so long, it's very much possible to go for the other Survivor, down them, hook them (so clearly NOT tunnelling the original Survivor), then find the original Survivor again and still get DSed because you're within those 60 seconds.

    And end-game becomes non-existent and a free escape for the DS user SOLELY because they chose to equip that Perk. You only have two options: pick them up and get stunned or leave them crawling on the ground. Doesn't matter, they'll escape through the gates either way.

    There we go, we have a solution as you just mentioned and it's not confusing. We remove anything about the perk causing a stun and instead say it fills the wiggle meter to 100%. Wiggle free stuns the killer, as you previously mentioned, 3 seconds and wiggle frees aren't affected by Enduring. Therefore, we get a perk that stuns the killer for 3 seconds and it's not affected by Enduring. Voilá!


    Also, DS is so dirty when combined with other perks! One time I deliverance off the hook, got downed, I DS'd the killer, and finally went for my free escape. The 60 seconds needs to match the 15 seconds from BT and make the timer pause while in a chase or when in the dying state.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402047#Comment_402047

    There we go, we have a solution as you just mentioned and it's not confusing. We remove anything about the perk causing a stun and instead say it fills the wiggle meter to 100%. Wiggle free stuns the killer, as you previously mentioned, 3 seconds and wiggle frees aren't affected by Enduring. Therefore, we get a perk that stuns the killer for 3 seconds and it's not affected by Enduring. Voilá!

    Also, DS is so dirty when combined with other perks! One time I deliverance off the hook, got downed, I DS'd the killer, and finally went for my free escape. The 60 seconds needs to match the 15 seconds from BT and make the timer pause while in a chase or when in the dying state.

    I have to disagree with only 15 seconds that's just far too short. By the time the survivor gets unhooked the killer would probably take over 15 seconds to get there. Not to mention the injured survivor can't risk just running since the killer will easily track them. and considering that it's not hard to find an injured survivor they'd be downed without any chance of using ds unless they literally ran to the killer like an idiot.

1 2 ›