So we've buffed DS...

In the same patch that Mettle of Man is introduced. RIP M1 Killers.

Can't wait for that third chance the unhooked Survivor gets.

  • Changed the Decisive Strike stun time to 5 seconds, with the Survivor being free to move after 1 second.
  • The Enduring perk now affects Decisive Strike's stun.

"With feedback from the PTB and Live, we have changed the Decisive Strike stun time to 5 seconds, with the Survivor being free to move after 1 second. This should allow for the survivor to have ~ 4 seconds at a base to try and escape the killer after the stun is successful. When Enduring is used, the stun will be reduced to ~2.8 seconds. Of those 2.8 seconds the survivor will get a head start of ~ 2.28 seconds which makes escaping possible but much harder"


So much for having a chance for Enduring to not be meta too.

Comments

  • @alasuisi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/398882#Comment_398882

    Tunneling is the most inefficient way of playing (if the survivor is good) most of the time, is not genrushing, is that killers focus themselves on the only one that can escape them leaving 3 other players boringly having to do generators only. I get that sometimes you may get the little trolling flash spamming rave dressed ruski boi, and you want to give him a lesson, I totally get that. But either you succeed in teaching him a lesson fast, or you have already lost the game losing a lot of time. Furthermore especially the very next days after the rework, I got tunneled A LOT more, I guess bad players thought: ds is now useless --> now I can tunnel them without any risk, and you know what? I never unequipped DS an used it a lot more than before even with the new time related incarnation, the only problem was the nonexistent stun.

    @alasuisi

    Omfg, do you even play killer at red ranks? People dont heal because it's faster to gen rush and get Adrenaline.

    Also perks like Thanatophobia or BBQ, which are perks that are meant to go after multiple people have been nerfed... Survivors want killers to not tunnel but we dont get anything from not doing it...

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400192#Comment_400192

    @alasuisi

    Omfg, do you even play killer at red ranks? People dont heal because it's faster to gen rush and get Adrenaline.

    Also perks like Thanatophobia or BBQ, which are perks that are meant to go after multiple people have been nerfed... Survivors want killers to not tunnel but we dont get anything from not doing it...

    I think you need to improve your map pressure.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400192#Comment_400192

    @alasuisi

    Omfg, do you even play killer at red ranks? People dont heal because it's faster to gen rush and get Adrenaline.

    Also perks like Thanatophobia or BBQ, which are perks that are meant to go after multiple people have been nerfed... Survivors want killers to not tunnel but we dont get anything from not doing it...

    Survivors also dont get anything for not looping former infinites.

    They could still run those windows until entityblocker (and beyond, currently). And they would ask the same questions to killers: Why not? Its the best play.

    They dont get anything for not looping former infinites, its literally free time and value.


    Now imagine infinites get nerfed. Is it justified? Survivors would say "No, its just the most efficient way to play. Its actually smart to loop infinites." And killers say the same thing about tunneling.

  • Anyone that is stating "Don't tunnel - You won't see it," is simply showcasing their ignorance to the way the perk is being used in the current meta/endgame "EZ Exit" builds.

    (Adren/DS/BT/Perk of Choice {MoM is currently being 'tested' it seems})

  • @CallMeSpidey said:

    Don't like the change? Stop tunnelling.

    Thanks for the change. Hopefully it'll force bad killers to stop bad habits.

    So you're completely find with NoED?

    You know since survivors need to stop the bad habits of tunnelling gens and ignoring totems.

  • @CallMeSpidey said:

    Don't like the change? Stop tunnelling.

    Thanks for the change. Hopefully it'll force bad killers to stop bad habits.

    bad habits? so going after the injured prey is a bad habit? thats what a killers objective is to do. i swear this community is beyond moronic and the entitlement is unreal. yeah hurghhh duhhh please dont chase me killer im injured just stand their and watch me run away! honestly lol

  • @dannyfrog87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/398711#Comment_398711

    bad habits? so going after the injured prey is a bad habit? thats what a killers objective is to do. i swear this community is beyond moronic and the entitlement is unreal. yeah hurghhh duhhh please dont chase me killer im injured just stand their and watch me run away! honestly lol

    You need to "snowball" your prey, targeting one only will not get you far @dannyfrog87, the perk ThanatoPhobia will help with this, tunneling is when you don't snowball, 4k is usually from snowballing

  • @CallMeSpidey said:

    Don't like the change? Stop tunnelling.

    Thanks for the change. Hopefully it'll force bad killers to stop bad habits.

    who needs to tunnel when i can just mori you after your unhook? u know if you make the game as obnoxious as it is now for one party, they will organize and just move on to other games, then its up to you to pick up the chainsaw if you dont want to wait forever to get a game, and then you will find out how much "fun" it is.

    dbd lost round about 27% of players; a dlc or patch like this might bait a few back but not on the long run. people realized the quality standards of bhvr and avoid their products.

    remember the other project they had? something something garden?when comsmetics stop selling there will be blood point bundles and other stuff to bait a few peeps in for sure.

    at this stage we are back in the dark age of dbd and i doubt it will change in the near future.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400473#Comment_400473

    You need to "snowball" your prey, targeting one only will not get you far @dannyfrog87, the perk ThanatoPhobia will help with this, tunneling is when you don't snowball, 4k is usually from snowballing

    Thano helps survivors win by wasting a killer perk slot.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399406#Comment_399406

    @powerbats

    You tell me how is that a thing against people who dont heal, which is almost any survivor with half a brain... You clearly havent played against a team full of Adrenaline...

    Yes lets keep posting total nonsense and hope people will believe said nonsense, I could post both sides screenshots and most games are lucky to have 1 ds or more than 1 ad. I never run DS/AD/DH.


    I've also faced a 4 man with and I've still gotten 3 of them and let the 4th one live, that was 3 legacy sabo jakes with a P3 Bill. But unlike you I don't keep making excuses for everything under the sun. What's next doing gens is toxic?


    @Raccoon said:

    Anyone that is stating "Don't tunnel - You won't see it," is simply showcasing their ignorance to the way the perk is being used in the current meta/endgame "EZ Exit" builds.


    Oh yes more nonsense when you know it's not true, No DS/DH/AD no mom etc you just keep making up excuses eventually it'll finally dawn on you you're the problem. It's funny it was always 4 man swf with DS/DH/AD/NM/w/e perk you want to use as an excuse


    Mom is ignored by Legion Frenzy, Nurse blinks and a few other things right now and gasp if they heal you see them. Oh and guess what you can always run Stridor or Bloodhound if you're so worried they won't heal.

  • @mcNuggets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400137#Comment_400137

    Ignore someone unhooked in front of your face for 60 seconds.

    Simulation begin.

    You definetely never even touched the Play Killer button.

    I hate people judging other people without even respecting their opinion.

    @mcNuggets If a person gets unhooked in front of me, I slug and then chase the unhooker. Wastes time for people on gens so they can save the slugged survivor, and I get another survivor in exchange. I am benefited in nearly every way by NOT tunneling.

  • @powerbats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400316#Comment_400316

    Yes lets keep posting total nonsense and hope people will believe said nonsense, I could post both sides screenshots and most games are lucky to have 1 ds or more than 1 ad. I never run DS/AD/DH.

    I've also faced a 4 man with and I've still gotten 3 of them and let the 4th one live, that was 3 legacy sabo jakes with a P3 Bill. But unlike you I don't keep making excuses for everything under the sun. What's next doing gens is toxic?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400362#Comment_400362

    Oh yes more nonsense when you know it's not true, No DS/DH/AD no mom etc you just keep making up excuses eventually it'll finally dawn on you you're the problem. It's funny it was always 4 man swf with DS/DH/AD/NM/w/e perk you want to use as an excuse

    Mom is ignored by Legion Frenzy, Nurse blinks and a few other things right now and gasp if they heal you see them. Oh and guess what you can always run Stridor or Bloodhound if you're so worried they won't heal.

    Nurse Blink will be adjusted, and devs have not answered if the same will be done with Legion, though his power currently works with M1 based things such as Franklin's.

    I've asked for clarification directly and have been ignored.

    I'm glad that you, anecdotally, do not experience the things most people complain about, often complemented with video/photo evidence. If you're somehow getting groups not running the meta from Rank 10 downwards, that's fantastic (for you)

    The most recent example that comes to mind is @SpaceCoconut.

    I don't know why you're attacking my gameplay when I've already established in the past that I've coasted to Rank 1 (under the old Emblems) after reset with both Freddy and Leatherface. Currently, I just mark people with an add-on free Legion. I rarely attack anyone's gameplay and I certainly wouldn't if there was a permanent record of me rage quitting out there, but I can only assume you're grasping at straws to provoke some sort of negative reaction via ad hominem.

    Good luck ;3

  • This is needed. I ran enduring on trapper last night and downed one of 2 identical Jeff's. It was the one with DS active. He hit me with it and tried to go across the fallen pallet next to us. I grabbed him before he go over it. (I then dropped him because I did not intend to tunnel and he just got double screwed.)

    This is not that big a deal.

  • I can't believe some people are saying survivor perks are overpowered... #########? Lol. What, are you going to say we need to get rid of Self Care next?


    Running Enduring for Decisive is the same for survivors having to run Small Game for NoED. Actually I would say it's a bit different, because with DS it's situational AND depends on your game style (Tunneler). Which means you can avoid the perk altogether, if you can improve your game play and stop having to tunnel to get that 2K. ;)


    NoED is a perk designed for endgame, to get some cheesy kills you couldn't get until the gens were done. It is extremely annoying but it can be countered. The problem is you have to waste time running around the map to find totems.

    With this new DS, it's not the same as before. You can potentially never see that perk used in your game again. And if you NEED to put Enduring because you have to tunnel so bad, it's not even that bad of a perk. I would say around B rank.


    I see it get used quite often actually.. so if you play that kind of playstyle I'm just going to assume that you get pallets stunned on you every game, so Enduring for some people wouldn't be bad, if you get what I'm saying :)


    Also to the people saying red rank survivors don't heal until all gens done. ######### are you guys playing on a Nintendo Switch? Lol. The only time they wait to get healed is on the last gen, usually when it's about to be finished. I'd love to know what platform you guys play DBD on so I can have matches with survivors that won't heal.


    don't @ me

1 2 3 ›