Is it just me or is The Plague the Anti-Legion?
After reading a bunch of trends on both killers I have begun to notice a pattern:
THE LEGION:
Fun to play as, unfun to play against
Power that survivors hate
THE PLAGUE:
Unfun to play as, fun to play against
Power that survivors like
I really hope that I'm wrong here and that this was unintentional otherwise I guess I will have to explain that a killer that is fun to play against but not as, simply won't get played at all (making all of the work put into making them fun to play against pointless).
What are your thoughts folks?
Comments
Unfun to play Plague? Are you guys insane?
I find Plague a lot of fun to play. I wasn't aware it was a consensus that she is not fun.
You don't have to heal against Legion or PLAG.
@Kagrenac Maybe it's just me, but the feeling of "Whee vomit everywhere" fades after the 20th 4 man escape. It doesn't help that I can play Legion and have a blast and rack in anywhere between 20-65k BP or the Plague where I'm lucky if I get 20k.
I feel this too honestly her biggest weakness is literally a wall which can even be found on popular loops so when you can just loop her around a wall idk I don't have fun trying to infect someone for a damn long time only for a 4 man escape to happen. Where as legion I just use legion as more of my bp killer, killer I use to get blood points.
She is like the Clown for me.
Very fun to play as but I am not doing well with her.
I like playing as her :/
@KillermainBTWm8 What makes this worse is that my Legion build let's me avoid tunneling survivors. (BBQ + Whispers + Monitor and Abuse + Corrupt Intervention) Legion's own power (Killer Instinct) helps me find nearby targets and BBQ lets me keep an eye on the distant ones. Whispers helps me stay on survivors while CI buys me time. I can go from survivor to survivor and always be shifting pressure so the survivors all get some pressure but nobody is crushed by it.
Meanwhile in a Plague match:
The best Plague strats right now are:
And:
(Also don't forget that the pay is terrible.)
I look at the two and I know that I'll pick Legion every single time.
Legion fun to play as? He's hands down the worst.
@The_Crusader So just out of curiosity, why don't you like playing Legion? They're quite strong with good add-ons and most people seem to really like their aesthetic.
You can lose with legion but at least with legion you will always have a ton more bp than the survivors you were playing with
“powers that survivors like”
excuse me what
Since the nerf it kinda is, you are forced to loop much more with a survivor in order to puke him. Not even talking about some tiles with high walls which are forcing you even more to loop in order to get a full load of puke on a survivor.
Would be more fun when your m2 ability isn't that limited.
@MagicalYummies Most survivor players seem to like playing against the Plague. Her fountains heal you so you don't even need to waste time healing and her basic power doesn't counter loops at all. Overall she just wastes her own time when using her power and gives you free heals.
Corrupt purge poses a threat to be sure, but the loud CLANG you hear right before she activates it gives you a clear signal to lay low for sixty seconds or so. Her main power is mainly an aesthetic decoration and her only real threat can be countered.
Ok the add ons don't count to me because in 99% of my games I don't use anything beyond green add ons. It just doesn't interest me. I like fairly standard chill games.
So for me he's a 110% movement speed killer which makes it hard to get survivors down with him. He doesn't have hatches, traps or phase walking so he's on his own. He feels like using Huntress without hatches - awkward.
So then you use his power and boy does it suck. Ok I vaulted the pallet and hit a survivor. Now what? Oh they aren't down. Guess I'll hit them again. Oh they still aren't down and I'm stunned. Hmm maybe if I just keep doing it another 3 times that will work but boy is it taking a while.
Maybe I'll try a new strategy. I'll apply deep wounds then I'll manually end stun next to them. Hmm can i catch up to them before they get to another pallet? Oh no they reached a vault.
Hmm that wasn't very fun either. Whats optimal? I know, I'll hit them twice then follow them while staring at the floor. Hmm dont want to get too far that i cant follow them, but dont want to get too close that the chase counts. I know i'll look sideways or backwards. Hmm they keep running and running but im getting closer. Their bar is ticking down. They cant stop to heal. Its still taking a while though. I know this isnt fun when it happens to me but it seems the simplest way to get a survivor down.
Basically he sucks. Hes crap without his power and his power blows without purple add ons. I'd rather just take a normal killer and give the survivors a good whack. Even Freddy doesnt feel anywhere near as hindered as Legion.
Gonna correct it for you, dont worry.
Legion: Unfun to play as. EASY escape when playing against.
Plague: Fun to play as, fun to BM survivors, fun to vomit over their miserable existence. Git Gud or die when playing against.
So...The overall solution here is just the same, as always...
@The_Crusader If you want chill games then let me reveal to you the real add-ons you should be focusing on (in order of importance/rarity)
Focus on shrinking the stun time for your "chill games". Just find a survivor, use Frenzy to get them down from Healthy to Injured. Then use the refilled bar to get as close as physically possible. Keep an ear out for the heartbeat of others nearby and remember those areas for later. Then once you're close and it looks good, deactivate the Frenzy and the shorter stun let's you walk a step or two and lunge at the survivor. Down them and hook them and use the info from Killer Instinct during the chase to find another survivor nearby.