Revert Ruin

######### hell it's so boring seeing this perk in EVERY game now.

You literally might as well just make it basekit at this point.

Comments

  • I understand your pain but lucky in my games it always gets found in the 1st 5 seconds. I just run a different perk. But I understand people that use ruin to counter gen rushing though it is a horrible perk to use because it really doesn't do that much if survivors can hit great skill checks or find totems. I also would like to see less of this perk at the same time. Playing survivor I might as well not even hop on a gen just go straight to a totem spawn.

  • The only reason you are seeing it every game now is because people can use it every game now, because they are finally able to use the perk they wanted to.


    its no different than if you were at higher ranks and going against it at t3 ruin

    the only reason it increased in popularity with the change is because before people wouldn’t bother using t1-2 because it was worthless.

  • @wisdom said:

    The only reason you are seeing it every game now is because people can use it every game now, because they are finally able to use the perk they wanted to.

    its no different than if you were at higher ranks and going against it at t3 ruin

    the only reason it increased in popularity with the change is because before people wouldn’t bother using t1-2 because it was worthless.

    I am aware of that and now that it's in 95% of games across the board it's just incredibly lame.

  • Nope, cause when BHVR refuses to make the game longer by changing core mechanics or regression while refusing to buff perks like PGTW and Overcharge then there is little choice about that.

    The fact that they changed Gatekeeper to accumulate more points during the first 9 minutes based on the amount of gens done makes this even more problematic as survivors compete for gen emblem points which are indirectly limited while the Killer is obviously not able to defend all the gens makes it even worse.

  • Ruin isn't the problem. The real problem is WHY is Ruin necessary? It's because of the games underlying issue of imbalance between the two sides and the time they have to complete their objectives. Fix this and people won't need Ruin. It's currently used because it bandaids very slightly a problem in the games core design.

  • It's not impossible to win games without Ruin.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    It's not impossible to win games without Ruin.

    Never said it wasn't. There's potatoes everywhere.

  • .....

    If you guys think the game is so unbalanced I don't know why you play it.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384716#Comment_384716

    .....

    If you guys think the game is so unbalanced I don't know why you play it.

    "There's potatoes everywhere."

    Like I already said, it's rare you find actually good survivors.

    Tbh with how much you complain about how hard it is as survivor I'm not sure why you play it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384725#Comment_384725

    "There's potatoes everywhere."

    Like I already said, it's rare you find actually good survivors.

    Tbh with how much you complain about how hard it is as survivor I'm not sure why you play it.

    It was fine up until recently, but like you said there are potatoes everywhere 😉

    Weren't you the guy saying you had good success with sloppy and thana?

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384728#Comment_384728

    It was fine up until recently, but like you said there are potatoes everywhere 😉

    Weren't you the guy saying you had good success with sloppy and thana?

    No, I was the guy telling that guy that Thanata is trash.

  • Somehow there's potatoes everywhere but all I ever see him or Wolf_1974 comment is "SWF!!1"

  • @NeaJovovich said:

    Somehow there's potatoes everywhere but all I ever see him or Wolf_1974 comment is "SWF!!1"

    Find a quote of mine and post it here where I'm talking about SWF specifically as an issue and not just as a side note.

    You won't. This is because what you're saying is just not true as I don't almost ever post about SWF specifically. Much less something stupid like "SWF!!1"

  • ######### hell it's so boring seeing this perk in EVERY game now. You literally might as well just make it basekit at this point.

    Can't land Great Skill checks?

    What are you? CASUAL!?

    483wnl2r1kdf.png


  • ######### hell it's so boring seeing this perk in EVERY game now. You literally might as well just make it basekit at this point.

    That isn't a terrible idea, but BHVR would not do that so.

  • People ask them for years to shake up the meta. But now they give even more players access to the meta so its the same damn perks every single game.

    Sprint burst/adrenaline/self-care vs Ruin/noed/bbq

    Not stale at all

  • ...remember noed change?

    Neither do i

  • Learn to hit great skillchecks.

  • @Eross1b said:

    Learn to hit great skillchecks.

    Thanks for completely missing the point.

    Ah well as long as killers get to keep their crutch eh?

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/385199#Comment_385199

    Thanks for completely missing the point.

    Ah well as long as killers get to keep their crutch eh?

    I have no problem with it while playing survivor. You can just hit the skillchecks which isn't hard, or cleanse the totem. Git gud and git over it.

  • @Eross1b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/385201#Comment_385201

    I have no problem with it while playing survivor. You can just hit the skillchecks which isn't hard, or cleanse the totem. Git gud and git over it.

    "I pLaY SuRvIvOr FrOm TiMe 2 tImE tOo"

    Oncr again you completely missed the point of my post in your effort to scream "git gud, i needz ma crutch".

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/385207#Comment_385207

    "I pLaY SuRvIvOr FrOm TiMe 2 tImE tOo"

    Oncr again you completely missed the point of my post in your effort to scream "git gud, i needz ma crutch".

    You don't like my opinion so you just dismiss it as a killer main. No solution is gonna come if you only listen to your own opinion.

  • @Eross1b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/385209#Comment_385209

    You don't like my opinion so you just dismiss it as a killer main. No solution is gonna come if you only listen to your own opinion.

    I'm used to Ruin. Others aren't. Survivors are having problems ranking up now. Look at Tru3, he's pretty much always rank 1, all of his recent videos have been purple ranks. This is someone who has hours to dedicate to the game every day.

    You get put with newer players who aren't used to Ruin. "Just hit every great skillcheck" isnt a good excuse because it still slows the game down, otherwise it wouldn't be a meta perk. You get mediocre killers managing to wreck noobs with this perk. It wasn't an issue before because it was easy to rank up and be with players on your own skill level. Not anymore though, not without serious time dedication which not all of us can do.

    There's also the fact that its just boring. I know the same applies to survivor perks like sprint burst, dead hard, self-care being used in every game but thats been called out as a problem for a while. So ehat do they do to shake up the meta? They just make the killer side more meta too.

  • @Susie_ said:

    Ruin can slow down gens a little bit. I don't see why is it a problem.

    Yes please tell me to apply pressure because it is easier to never adapt and just play the game of excuses. Ruin is in the game and even tho I don't like hex perks I use it on some killers because I find it helps a little bit to get a head start unless they spawn on it. It is risky but I don't think there is anything better atm to slow gens.

    Because like noed after the changes we now see Ruin in almost every single game too. Many killers take both.

    The point is people complained about a stale meta for ages...so the devs solution was to make it even more stale.

  • @Susie_ said:

    We see some survivor perks all the time in the game which some killers find annoying, should we nerf them or revert the changes made to them.

    There havent been changes made recently to them. Sprint burst, self-care, adrenaline go back years.

    But yes thats the point. Not sure why you're trying to turn this into a one side vs the other debate.

    The meta has been extremely stale on the survivor side. Now the killer side is going the same way. It is not good.