Bodyblocking (from behind) as a survivor

So is that a bug or a feature? Because I get that a survivor can block the hook by standing in front of a killer, but I don't get why he/she should be able to bodyblock by crouching behind the killer.

Comments

  • Unless if you want a Killer like Leatherface to trip over you while you’re behind him, I’d say it’s nice to appreciate not having them trip under you. Jokes aside, you can body block the Killer from all directions, as long as you’re not in the process of getting hurt, which allows you to run through them for about 2-3 seconds. :)

  • But I mean blocking the command to hook someone, but from behind.

  • @kamisen Yeah, I believe so. All the Killer needs to do is simply turn around it they can’t hook someone to smack whoever is behind em.

  • In order to be able to hook a surv, the killer has to stand on a certain position. If this position is blocked, the killer can't hook. It doesn't matter from which direction the surv blocks that position. Blocked is blocked.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    In order to be able to hook a surv, the killer has to stand on a certain position. If this position is blocked, the killer can't hook. It doesn't matter from which direction the surv blocks that position. Blocked is blocked.

    Ok, so I can essentially avoid this by not going too close to the hook when hooking?

    Edit: spelling

  • @Chaotic_Riddle said:

    @kamisen Yeah, I believe so. All the Killer needs to do is simply turn around it they can’t hook someone to smack whoever is behind em.

    I agree that it's no biggy. But it wastes precious time if you have to look for a p3 claudette in a 360 circle, then hitting, then wiping your weapon and THEN hooking. When it happens to me (it's not that often, I'll admit) I tend to think it's the game being buggy with object hitboxes. But awareness is key I guess!

  • @kamisen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366585#Comment_366585

    Ok, so I can essentially avoid this by not going too close to the hook when hooking?

    Edit: spelling

    @kamisen If you are the killer, you can't "avoid" getting bodyblocked. You have to hit the survivor so that he/she gets injured and leaves the blocking position.

    Off-topic: You have to @ people in your post so that they get a notification that you replied to them. ☺️

  • I consider this an exploit.

  • @kamisen I see what you’re saying. I would suggest bringing perks like Mad Grit, Agitation, or Iron Grasp if it’s a big issue. Personally, Agitation is nice as you can quickly get to the nearest hook without having to deal with Survivors attempting to bodyblock from any direction with the bonus speed. :D

  • @Chaotic_Riddle said:

    @kamisen I see what you’re saying. I would suggest bringing perks like Mad Grit, Agitation, or Iron Grasp if it’s a big issue. Personally, Agitation is nice as you can quickly get to the nearest hook without having to deal with Survivors attempting to bodyblock from any direction with the bonus speed. :D

    When they do that it only benefits killer .

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/366599#Comment_366599

    @kamisen If you are the killer, you can't "avoid" getting bodyblocked. You have to hit the survivor so that he/she gets injured and leaves the blocking position.

    Off-topic: You have to @ people in your post so that they get a notification that you replied to them. ☺️

    @NoShinyPony No, I get that. I didn't mean avoiding bodyblocking altogether. I meant avoiding the bodyblocking behind my back.


    Also, thanks for the tip, I thought the qouting was enough to notify theperson mentioned :)


  • @Chaotic_Riddle said:

    @kamisen I see what you’re saying. I would suggest bringing perks like Mad Grit, Agitation, or Iron Grasp if it’s a big issue. Personally, Agitation is nice as you can quickly get to the nearest hook without having to deal with Survivors attempting to bodyblock from any direction with the bonus speed. :D

    @Chaotic_Riddle It's not a big deal at all, but thanks for the tips though ☺️

    It just felt exploity, thats all.

  • Its not a bug, its intended, the survivor is shoving you into the hook itself