Streaming
So, I believe I have an unnatural disdain for streamers in my games. Perhaps some of you can act as a therapy group and let me know how you feel about it. I just flat out don't like anyone else broadcasting my game, especially with my gamer tag, for their enjoyment/profit. When I see a streamer in my lobby, I load up mori. I want them out so the rest of us can enjoy the game without worrying about what the streamer and his 10 followers are saying about the match. If the killer is a streamer (usually not known until a member of the SWF dies and informs the rest) I immediately find the killer and volunteer as tribute.
I don't enjoy playing those games. Perhaps, if names were blocked in lobbies and in the game itself, then it would not bother me at all. I find that all the streaming tends to breed more toxicity, and it is already toxic enough in this game.
Potential solutions?
- Lobby names are merely Victim 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Players have the option of keeping their steam ID private, and appear as a generic name.
- I'm not sure on 3....first thought is to slap streamers upside the head, but I guess that would not work out too well.
In all seriousness, I do not enjoy playing with streamers. I don't think we should be forced to (not being able to identify the killer and whether he is streaming or not). I get that some of the streamers out there are fun, but many are not. Not everyone is Panda, or Puppers who genuinely just have fun and don't typically play toxic.
Thoughts?
Comments
Sometimes I'd honestly rather opt out of playing either with or against streamers, so I'd love if there could be an option somehow. The other issue is not everyone who streams had TTV or YT in their name, so gamertags help but not always.
If names were blocked though it could also help with those occasions where people purposefully decide to troll/grief someone when they know they are the killer/survivor.
Not such a big deal. I'm guessing most of these poor souls have only a handful of viewers.
I just don't want my position outed when a streamer has me on their screen and the killer is watching the stream as well.
Could you explain a bit more why you don't like playing with a streamer? I don't really understand the problem so far. I'd say the percentage of toxic players is higher with those who don't stream.
Also, as you said most streamers don't have a lot of viewers. What's the difference between 4 people seeing how you play and 14 people?
I understand what you’re saying. Playing with streamers and having your name broadcasted to everyone watching can be a very big invasion of your privacy, in a way, especially when they’re a popular streamer with hundreds of people watching. A friend of mine went up against a very popular streamer and ended up getting called out because he was playing The Pig. I would like there to be a streamer mode for DbD that lets your name be randomized if needed, but with how many forum posts have asked for that and with no comment from a dev or community manager, it may not happen. This could be due to Steam, but who knows. I do understand what you’re going through though and I support decisions 1 and 2, though 3 might be a bit harsh, lol. :)
Nowadays I wont play with streamer I can identify except when I know that they are good guys.
I have had too much bad experience with toxic streamers in my game
I love to play against live streamers when I use a killer. It makes things a lot easier. I always thank them afterwars for the information they give me.
I like playing streamers cause if they are live you can go back and watch the match and see where you made mistakes and maybe get better from it. I use their remarks to help me rather then piss me off.
"This killer is a ######### piece of #########!"
"Hmm, I see..."
for me.... I don't care. I stopped being self-conscious about how I play and could care less if they call me names. Sometimes when I play I'm calling others names... so I don't blame them if they call me names and it is recorded.
Allot of times though I can see where I went wrong and maybe think of better ways on how to do something next time.
Plus... if they were really salty... I enjoy it when they get all mad during the match calling me names... cause then it makes me feel like I did good :)
I'm just saying, from what I hear, streamers' comments aren't usually constructive in the slightest.
Well, for one, I play to relax. I play to "escape" after work for a bit. I don't play to support someone else's efforts at fame or money. Furthermore, as someone mentioned above, many times games are compromised because of streamers. I also don't care to have my steam ID plastered all over someone else's site when what I play is none of their business.
I could go on, but I think a certain level of decorum should be kept. If we protect names here on the board from name & shame, how come we don't protect those ID's in game as well when a large portion of players stream now? I'd like to see some form of anonymizer in place.