Decisive strike in shrine

Make sure to grab ds so you can have it when it turns into defensive strike so you dont get tunneled by killers

Comments

  • This just made me smile as it reminded me of how DS is finally getting changes :)

  • If the changes stay as they are now this perk will be literally useless. Shouldnt increase chance of obsession, if killer knows he will just slug you for seconds after tunneling. Enjoy last days of ds.

  • @HazeHound said:

    If the changes stay as they are now this perk will be literally useless. Shouldnt increase chance of obsession, if killer knows he will just slug you for seconds after tunneling. Enjoy last days of ds.

    You seem to misunderstand. New DS doesn't actually make you the obsession until AFTER you use it. The killer has no means of telling you have it until after its used.

  • @HazeHound said:

    If the changes stay as they are now this perk will be literally useless. Shouldnt increase chance of obsession, if killer knows he will just slug you for seconds after tunneling. Enjoy last days of ds.

    You're literally describing the current DS effect. Yeah, enjoy the last days of what you just described.

  • I'm so stoked for new Decisive Strike honestly.

  • @ClogWench said:

    I'm so stoked for new Decisive Strike honestly.

    It's such a gamechanger that I don't even care about the new characters, perks, or maps. I just want the obsession to no longer be invincible, and to be able to drag people to whichever hook I choose within range.

  • @The_Manlet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/363657#Comment_363657

    It's such a gamechanger that I don't even care about the new characters, perks, or maps. I just want the obsession to no longer be invincible, and to be able to drag people to whichever hook I choose within range.

    As a killer main I'm excited for it to be changed. Could be a pain in endgame but I use bloodwarden a lot which negates it being a free win for a survivor hooked near the door

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/363594#Comment_363594

    You seem to misunderstand. New DS doesn't actually make you the obsession until AFTER you use it. The killer has no means of telling you have it until after its used.

    Doesnt it increase your chance of beeing obsession on ptb?

  • @HazeHound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/363600#Comment_363600

    Doesnt it increase your chance of beeing obsession on ptb?

    I....don't think so? I was under the impression it only made you the obsession after you use it. Still even if it does increase your odds, being slugged off hook gives you a chance to be picked up if the killer does something else. If he just camps you on the ground that's a full minute he's wasting. DS didn't get nerfed, it's just different. And it's still powerful. You just gotta stop using it as a free escape crutch.

  • The new perk description doesn't say you have a chance of being the obsession at the start so if that is the case on ptb its likely unintended.

  • @ClogWench Then read its desq carefully next time. Im 99% sure it does. Killer knowing there is ds in game will slug everyone after tunneling for couple of secs rendering perk useless. I'm happy that destroying first chase momentum is not possible but this perk is a joke now. And yes it is a nerf, well deserved actually, but too harsh.

  • @HazeHound said:

    @ClogWench Then read its desq carefully next time. Im 99% sure it does. Killer knowing there is ds in game will slug everyone after tunneling for couple of secs rendering perk useless. I'm happy that destroying first chase momentum is not possible but this perk is a joke now. And yes it is a nerf, well deserved actually, but too harsh.

    I did read the description. It does not say you have a higher chance of being the obsession.

  • @HazeHound said:

    @ClogWench Then read its desq carefully next time. Im 99% sure it does. Killer knowing there is ds in game will slug everyone after tunneling for couple of secs rendering perk useless. I'm happy that destroying first chase momentum is not possible but this perk is a joke now. And yes it is a nerf, well deserved actually, but too harsh.

    I know for a fact it doesn't because I actually played the PTB.

  • Then they changed it after initial sneak peak.

    Now i call this perk balanced, sorry for arguing. I like the fact only tunnellers can get stabbed.

  • Even if you did start as the obsession, you still get a free pickup after being hooked. Hardly see that as bad

  • Make sure to grab ds so you can have it when it turns into defensive strike so you dont get tunneled by killers

    Funny because DS is always the reason WHY i tunnel survivors =)

  • @JoannaVO said:

    This just made me smile as it reminded me of how DS is finally getting changes :)

    Heck yeah

  • @ClogWench said:

    Even if you did start as the obsession, you still get a free pickup after being hooked. Hardly see that as bad

    The thing is, if ds made you obsession killer would know some people in game have it. Now its a guess. I love it.

    Edit: Again sorry for arguing here, I didnt check it since first reveal. Hell o think ill start using ds since it cant break a game for normal chill killers and has potential to save from campers/tunnellers or when survivors do stupid saves.

  • @HazeHound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/363681#Comment_363681

    The thing is, if ds made you obsession killer would know some people in game have it. Now its a guess. I love it.

    Edit: Again sorry for arguing here, I didnt check it since first reveal. Hell o think ill start using ds since it cant break a game for normal chill killers.

    Knowing someone has it doesn't help the killer all that much. Either way it's gonna be very powerful but still balanced now.

  • That moment when DS is in the shrine... Then people realize it'll get nerfed soon.

  • @ClogWench I disagree with you but lets end here. I think knowedgle od ds beeing in trial is very helpful, you think otherwise. Its ok.

  • I need to see if I can find the post, but I recall one of the devs/mods mentioning on the forun that the new Decisive Strike still makes someone the Obsession at the start of the trial but that bit was mistakenly left off the new DS description. Not sure if it was changed since then or if I am mistaken or what.

  • Me: hears this.

    My shards:1350

    REEEEEE

  • Can't wait for the changes. No more dribbling or having to avoid the obsession as killer, and a free F-U to any tunneling killers as survivod.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    Can't wait for the changes. No more dribbling or having to avoid the obsession as killer, and a free F-U to any tunneling killers as survivod.

    The new DS will only have any use to those are below average in chase. Everyone else majority of the time will eat up enough of their own clock running from the tunneling killer that they will just know to delay picking you up. That’s why I think the perk will start collecting dust after about a week. All it will take is getting screwed once by the clock and you won’t use it anymore.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    Can't wait for the changes. No more dribbling or having to avoid the obsession as killer, and a free F-U to any tunneling killers as survivod.

    Same here! I can't wait for the new changes.