Still A Form Of Cheating?
So i've been around for about 2k hours now.
I've encountered cheaters twice? Thrice?
And those were all in the first half of its current lifespan.
But just now, i had a Feng (can't use their profile name obviously) who was completely fine, then starts lagging forward, never able to catch up to them with normal speed.
I was in luck though: I was playing Spirit for a Daily, and managed to catch her after a few failed swings.
Private profile, but it does have a VAC ban, only raising my suspicions.
This wasn't any form of lag i've ever seen.
Is cheating still possible? (I mean yeah, probably, but won't it get you banned in 1 2 3?)

Comments
Cheating is possible in every single game ever, because no piece of software is perfect.
Yeah, i acknowledged that in the brackets.
When in doubt, report. The mods are able to figure out the rest.
I even had a survivor lagswitching so everything is possible (she lagswitched before deadharding so it was very hard to judge when she'd actually use it)
Yeah.
I just made this purely from being surprised.
Even though cheating can be done, this was a game where i just witnessed close to nothing of it.
It's more rare for me than seeing someone run only the old Deja Vu.
I've seen this before as well, BTW. I just figured it was a lag spike.
Wait, people actually use that perk?
I'm seeing it every now and then.
Still less than, idk, Spine Chill and Resilience and stuff.
But it's not non-existant like Monstrous Shrine. Not to me at least.
This is my survivor build: Urban Evasion, Premonition, Dark Sense, Iron Will. I'm thinking of replacing either Dark Sense or Iron Will with Alert. How often do you see those? Just out of curiosity.
What i see equipped from most to least lately...
Dark Sense (That buff must've helped wonders.)
Urban Evasion
Iron Will
Alert
Premonition
I've actually been using Dark Sense since I first got it, because I saw how useful it was. I mean, that perk counters NOED, straight-up. The buff just made it even better.
Thanks for the info. I don't usually see any of them.
Ohh they're all generally uncommon-rare to me, just made a list going from most to least common out of those few.
Not a trial goes by without at least a Self Care & Sprint Burst...
I know, but I wanted to see if you had the same experience as me.
Yeah, always SC, SB, DS, Adrenaline for me.
How can a survivor lagswitch? Thats possible?
He only lagged when he was right out in the open and almost teleported, right after he deadharded he stopped lagging.
@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY , I thought so myself, but had a number of games with a survivor doing the exact same thing that @Boss describes. Looks like lag, but it makes the survivor have these tiny bursts of speed just at the most opportune moments of the chase, making it impossible to catch up to her/him.
I'm normally very cautious to cry "CHEATER" when things seem suspicious, but it was weirdly convenient, and happened at least twice. Survivor's ping was normal in the lobby as well, I know it doesn't mean they can't still have lag spikes during game for various reasons, but still...
We all see those videos on YT or Twitch where the streamer faces some 3x speed hacker, and we all recognise obvious lagswitching. But I assume there must be some (I'm guessing very few) players who do cheat, but do it with discretion. I try not to worry about it too much but it does bug me a little.
Since the Legion update I've come across several survivors with green ping that would blink more than a Nurse during a chase. I don't know if its due to unoptimized netcode or the survivor is intentionally doing it.
Surprising ain't it? Even on PS4 I've seen some survivors lag (not sure about intentional lag) and I would never catch up initially. Everytime I went for a swing, they move the goal post to the other side of the field.
I've just remembered though: after one such game, the survivor accused me of lagswitching. As laughable as it is to see this accusation coming up so often, I guess it's a sign that the survivor was NOT cheating. Unless he's an extremely cunning one :P
I want to add a side note here: the reason I don't worry too much about cheating, even though it probably exists, is that it's got to be VERY boring. I mean, how much of a singleminded personality someone must be to play a lot with cheats? Sure, some may have some "fun" with it for a while, but I don't think most people can continue doing for a long time.
@boss I actually see deja by at red ranks more than I see a console nurse.