Why do people DC against legion so often?
I don't have much trouble with them
I'd rather go against a good legion than a good nurse.
I don't have much trouble with them
I'd rather go against a good legion than a good nurse.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Because people don't have fun against them I guess
Legion is fun both ways in my opinion
Because DCing isnt punished properly
I'd rather go against a good nurse than a bad legion.
Playing against legion feels like playing a single player game with no story to me.
If the legion doesn't chase you, repair gen which is basically looking at 80 second progress bar. If the legion finds you, stabs you and starts to chase somebody else, go find a safe space and look at another 20 second progress bar. If the legion chases you, try to waste as much as time but there is not much you can do, he is gonna get you.
That's exactly my whole experience with the legion, he is the least favorite killer to play as or against for me. Stating that, I don't claim everybody has the same experience I have but yeah, this is pretty much it.
Legion is just terribly boring. And Julie/Susies screams remind me of Kate's old voice and it makes my skin crawl. I'd rather die fast on a hook than listen to that garbo.
Because Youtubers and Streamers set out Legion to be a bad killer that isn’t ‘fun’ to go against because they can’t 360 them or flashlight blind them as easily over pallets. So, their gathering and other followers like to fall into the crowd and say they’re unfun and broken too. They’re not a bad killer and can easily be countered. I’ve had a lot of games, while playing Legion, where I got countered hella hard and had some respect for them, even if I didn’t win by the game’s technicality, I still had fun and learned from it. Players who DC against him aren’t going to learn and are just gonna ruin other’s fun if they’re trying to try out Legion or get a daily/achievement from him. That’s just my opinion though.
Herd mentality started unintentionally by some well knowed DBD players.
It's easily noticeable because most people keep re-stating what they think of legion without any flavour and they try to act the same as them, and usually DC because they started it.
They aren't wrong for stating the issues with Legion tho and in a way i agree, it's an annoying and boring killer to verse at times, depending on the build but honestly? I find nurses/huntresses/Docs to be far more annoying for their own personal reasons as well.
TL;dr: Huge bandwagon that is also a viscious cycle because no surv in their right mind would want to 2V1 a Legion.
Because streamers are touting the "legion takes no skill", basically saying that it's okay to DC against legion, and people are sheeplets incapable of their own thought.
Most notable ppl that do this are our proplayers who basically do nothing else than play DBD, completely ignoring that going against a good legion is very much a big difference to a bad legion.
Because it is boring to play against them. I don't DC against Legion (usually), but when my teammates do, I understand.
Because changing your playstyle to face different killers is too hard for some people(see also: Nurse/Spirit).
Many M1 legions are basically a 110% ms wraith, if it's boring to play against legion then it's also boring to play against wraith.
because is highly demotivating someone that you can't counter cuz
I also DC from time to time as a form a being in strike til a major rework comes!
There won't be a major rework, I don't know who started this stupid myth but it's not coming.
He is 110%, he is as fast as you if you cut corners efficiently
Stabbing you all the time unless using franklins is slower than downing you through mindgames (When those mindgames are possible)
Cant comment on that since I never played against legion as a survivor while trying to unhook somebody during deep wound, but I think deep wound should make you unable to unhook and repair and open gates in the first place.
Palletstuns ######### over legion more than ANY other killer in the game.
It's nothing to do with how good the killer is, it's that he's boring af to play against. You can't just keep running him round all game, as he will just chip off that bleed out bar with no skill
Simple answer is they are not fun to play against. Not because they are difficult to survive against like a good Nurse. That can be fun and challenging. But because they are tedious and annoying.
Reason number 1 - DCing isn't punished hard enough
Reason number 2 - Legion ignores pretty much every survivor line of defence there is which makes him annoying to play against while he's super easy to play. If he moonwalks you are literaly going down and you can't do pretty much nothing about it.
Reason number - Toxic survivors want to loop and can't so they dc and ######### over their teammates. Any playing that enjoys chases and sucks at stealth doesn't want to face Legion since they won't have fun overall.
There are probably more but imao there are the main ones.
Legion and Wraith aren't comparable in the slightest? What the hell?
It isn't a myth. A dev said they are planning on reworking the Legion's power. But considering they said the Freddy rework is next, I am assuming it is going to take a while.
The more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation. Maybe people leave because it's just not fun to play against an OP killer. (well they are the easiest Killer in game)
People never dc against me as legion, so I wouldn’t know. My strategy is to frenzy them chain hits if possible and then end the frenzy as close to them as possible and then m1 them. Usually works for me.