I have been dangerously oblivious to how many killers cheat...

As a killer main myself I always wondered why survivors rage quit on me when I found them quickly near the start of a match(most of them were in plain sight tbh) but playing survivor all day I found that one out of three killers used an esp hackengine.

I know this because I was hiding in a locker far before the heartbeat even got intense, no crows were above my locker, and yet the killer walked DIRECTLY to it as if they knew I was in there all along!

At first I was like: "Meh, I'm just not hiding well enough"

5hrs later and the pattern continued, each time I would get wiser in where I hid and when I hid and yet they ALWAYS knew where I was. No detection perks, no addons that give away my position, they just mysteriously always knew where I was hiding.

Curious and always one to figure out if they were cheating or not I looked up on google to find out if a hackengine existed for this game, sure enough the top result was an esp hackengine link with a video displaying its features.

Putting 2 and 2 together wasn't too hard from here on...

I now have a little more insight into why survivors are so toxic to good killers like me, its because they encounter so many scum cheaters that they can no longer tell the difference!

Comments

  • Are you playing on PC?

  • Are you serious? I got like 800 hours in DbD and I haven't encountered a wall-hacker once and I've been playing on and off since DbD's release..

  • Easy way to tell if they're using ESP "Distortion"

  • ESP does not trigger distortion. Unless you're using distortion to find out if the killer legitimately triggered aura reading effects


    Some of the most blatant ones are those that

    1. Teleport the survivor to them. Not teleport themselves to the survivor.

    2. Spend more time looking at solid walls at face-range as a killer and strafing into stuff while tracing things behind those solid walls

  • @se05239 said:

    Are you serious? I got like 800 hours in DbD and I haven't encountered a wall-hacker once and I've been playing on and off since DbD's release..

    There's a few out there and i've got video of speed hackers a nurse that would speed run across the map and even auto sacrifice you. I've capture probable esp type hackers on video as well and submitted them to support.

    As @deathsia said there's a site and actually there's a few and now they even offer paid access. There's plenty of YouTube videos out there and it's almost always a Billy using the hack.

    It shows all generators, all totems, chests, hooks, etc along with boxes around survivors with names at all times. You'll see killers stopping and pausing what they're doing and then following people through walls/floors/ceilings etc.

  • @deathsia

    So yesterday you mentioned that you are a rank 11 killer who face camps people that play altruistic (bodyblock to let an injured survivor get away), and today you are a god tier killer that people DC from, because you are just so damn good at the game, that you must be cheating.

    Maybe people leave because you have this weird set of rules, that people get face camped over.

  • So every time a killer has git gud and learned how to predict survivor movement, he has become a wallhacker?

    I love being accused of hacking, just shows me how much the survivors credit my skills =)

  • Accusing an innocent player of cheating is the greatest compliment you can give. I have no issues with someone doing so

  • Are you aware of a perk called "Whispers" @deathsia ? I know I have gotten a cheeky locker grab or two with it.

  • As a killer main, I've never needed to hack to get the job done. Getting caught in lockers is just what will happen. The game isn't fresh and after a while even the least brainpower killer will just check lockers. It wastes like 4 seconds, but people love being in there these days.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    As a killer main, I've never needed to hack to get the job done. Getting caught in lockers is just what will happen. The game isn't fresh and after a while even the least brainpower killer will just check lockers. It wastes like 4 seconds, but people love being in there these days.

    Dwight's especially but it's suspicious when the killer comes flying across the map and there's 5 lockers and walks right to the one your in everytime.

    I don't hack neither, it's foolish and childish and if you make a good guess then great, if you fail well you've narrowed down the choices.

  • People say that you dont need any software for that you can just mess up in some ini file to wall hack

  • I haven't noticed any wall hacking or anything, but I don't usually hide in lockers. I'd rather get smacked than be pulled out.

  • @Peasant said:

    Are you aware of a perk called "Whispers" @deathsia ? I know I have gotten a cheeky locker grab or two with it.

    I said in my post"No detection perks" I figured that people would naturally assume whispers was included in that since it is a detection perk, just not as accurate as others.

  • As a killer main myself I always wondered why survivors rage quit on me when I found them quickly near the start of a match(most of them were in plain sight tbh) but playing survivor all day I found that one out of three killers used an esp hackengine.

    That's a computer problem, most player on this game have potato pc so it take some seconds to load the locker models, and you can see the survivor on it.. that happens to me a lot

  • @deathsia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/350021#Comment_350021

    I said in my post"No detection perks" I figured that people would naturally assume whispers was included in that since it is a detection perk, just not as accurate as others.

    I see, my apologies.

    Though I must say that I have on one occasion gotten a random locker grab just from dumb luck.

    It was on the Thompson House and I had spawned by the killer shack. I went to the nearest corner and thought "a survivor must've spawned here." Sure enough I opened a locker and got a free Meg. Do while a very select handful of killers hack. I can't help but think that this is just more of a case of you having bad luck.