Being accused of cheating a lot and i'm not sure what to do..

So i have been accused of 'Lag switching' a lot lately as killer... I am not sure what to do as i am not doing anything to mess with my connection, i just have a legitimately bad internet speed. I have done an online ping test many times and the lowest i ever get is 250ish. I am concerned that i am ruining the experience for other players but i would also like to enjoy playing the game.. Is there any way i can possibly speed up my connection?

I am also concerned because more than half a dozen players have threatened to report me for 'Lag switching' or in some cases when 3/4 people disconnect i let the last guy do the gens and take the exit because i feel bad i have been accused of 'Farming'

From my understanding i am allowed to let 1 player live if i'm feeling generous correct? Also would i ACTUALLY get banned just because i can't afford Fibre Internet?


What do i do?

Comments

  • As far as I know the devssaid that they won't be banning anyone for lag-switching, so even if you were, you wouldn't get banned.

  • Aside from an internet upgrade you can make sure your connection is wired if possible. Wired is always better than wifi. Make sure nothing else is using your internet at all if it's that bad and it may help some.

  • That depends, are you actually cheating? If not, then you've got nothing to worry about.

  • It's also totally ok to let the last one go if you want. If others DC that's on them and can get them banned.

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    As far as I know the devssaid that they won't be banning anyone for lag-switching, so even if you were, you wouldn't get banned.

    that seems a bit unfair to the survivors.. but then again.. how can you PROVE someone IS lag switching?

    @Doomspooge said:

    Aside from an internet upgrade you can make sure your connection is wired if possible. Wired is always better than wifi. Make sure nothing else is using your internet at all if it's that bad and it may help some.

    Thank you, I'll try and get a cable installed

    @Orion said:

    That depends, are you actually cheating? If not, then you've got nothing to worry about.

    Nah.. I feel awful that my connection is causing people to rage quit so much.. or maybe its cause im playing legion.. nobody will ever know...

  • Unless you are actually intentionally breaking the rules, I wouldn't worry about being banned.

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    As far as I know the devssaid that they won't be banning anyone for lag-switching, so even if you were, you wouldn't get banned.

    Just wanted to add that this topic about lagswitching is soon not going to be important because we get the dedicated servers. Let's hope the experience is for everyone good

  • Play survivor or keep playing killer knowing that it was likely your bad internet that got you your kills and not your skill.

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    As far as I know the devssaid that they won't be banning anyone for lag-switching, so even if you were, you wouldn't get banned.

    They will ban for lag switching it's in the rules, the problem is trying to prove it, they will only do it when it's 100% without a doubt obvious.

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    Botting

    Lag switching

    Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT

    For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    As far as I know the devssaid that they won't be banning anyone for lag-switching, so even if you were, you wouldn't get banned.

    Wait, are you ######### kidding me? Like, they cant tell if its lag switch or legit lag, or you mean they really just dont care?

    I saw they wont ban for streamsniping, which is absolutely cheating, but this too seems unreal.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349000#Comment_349000

    Wait, are you ######### kidding me? Like, they cant if its lag switch or legit lag, or you mean they really just dont care?

    I saw they wont ban for streamsniping, which is absolutely cheating, but this too seems unreal.

    I have no heartburn over stream snipers. Never done it, but streamers can't complain if they are advertising their stream and someone uses it to get an advantage. Should never be bannable in any game imo.

  • It's hard to prove anything with the current infrastructure short of them detecting what software is being run when you're playing.

    If you have a big enough screen, you can play in windowed mode and quickly tab over to buffer some movie or video to eat up your bandwidth, then tab back to fight the lag monster

  • If people accuse you of lag switching as long as you don't admit it yourself in post game chat there is nothing that will be done (I wouldn't tell it even jokingly personnaly)

    Even if you where lagswitching they can't prove that it isn't just your connexion that is garbage.

    So I wouldn't worry if I where you.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349230#Comment_349230

    I have no heartburn over stream snipers. Never done it, but streamers can't complain if they are advertising their stream and someone uses it to get an advantage. Should never be bannable in any game imo.

    I disagree. It's literally watching someone elses view to gain an advantage that isnt accessible to all. Old school screen peeking is one thing, as everyone sees the entire screen.

    Now if there was a guarantee 5 min delay it wouldnt be as much of an issue. But when you can literally say, "oh, hes coming this way, I need to hide" at a moments notice, is breaking the game.

    People say SWF being able to talk about where the killer is or is going is an unfair advantage, but seeing EXACTLY what the killer is doing, hearing what they're thinking and seeing their exact perk/addon loadout is easily worse.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349281#Comment_349281

    I disagree. It's literally watching someone elses view to gain an advantage that isnt accessible to all. Old school screen peeking is one thing, as everyone sees the entire screen.

    Now if there was a guarantee 5 min delay it wouldnt be as much of an issue. But when you can literally say, "oh, hes coming this way, I need to hide" at a moments notice, is breaking the game.

    People say SWF being able to talk about where the killer is or is going is an unfair advantage, but seeing EXACTLY what the killer is doing, hearing what they're thinking and seeing their exact perk/addon loadout is easily worse.

    Well, literally all stream softwares let you choose your own stream delay time. So if its an issue for the streamer they should stop complaining and make the stream delay 1-2 mins instead of 15 seconds. Logic, DUH.

    @Dragonredking said:

    If people accuse you of lag switching as long as you don't admit it yourself in post game chat there is nothing that will be done (I wouldn't tell it even jokingly personnaly)

    Even if you where lagswitching they can't prove that it isn't just your connexion that is garbage.

    So I wouldn't worry if I where you.

    That's about what i figured.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349230#Comment_349230

    They said they need definitive proof someone is lag switching to ban, and if there's any hint of doubt that said killer is lag switching then no action will be taken. Which basically means the chances of banning lag switchers are close to none. They'll have to review the entire game from top to bottom and they don't have the matches recorded on their end since the game is p2p and not many people are going in prepared with high quality recording software to record their entire trial just in case the killer is lag switching.

    This is why we need dedicated servers NOW.

  • @SilverHuskey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349456#Comment_349456

    Well, literally all stream softwares let you choose your own stream delay time. So if its an issue for the streamer they should stop complaining and make the stream delay 1-2 mins instead of 15 seconds. Logic, DUH.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349411#Comment_349411

    That's about what i figured.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349261#Comment_349261

    This is why we need dedicated servers NOW.

    If you stream from ps4, you do not get an option to set stream delay from the menus. At least not when using twitch. I've never tried YouTube.

  • If you are not cheating just don't give a single #########. Survivor mains feel entitled and will find reason to bm you always.

    If you cheat tho just go drink some bleach or whatever.

  • People will accuse you of cheating whenever you destroy them. I just got accused of speed hacking by multiple survivors who apparently were too stupid to take a look at my perks. I used agitation which is why I was able to chase and hit someone while carrying another survivor. ๐Ÿ˜‚ #Feelsfastman

  • So i have been accused of 'Lag switching' a lot lately as killer...

    Do nothing, just let the survivors cry (and maybe laugh about them)

    No need to get worried, I have been accused of laggswitching since 2016 and so far, I havent even received a warning ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349000#Comment_349000

    Wait, are you ######### kidding me? Like, they cant if its lag switch or legit lag, or you mean they really just dont care?

    I saw they wont ban for streamsniping, which is absolutely cheating, but this too seems unreal.

    The thing with lagswitching and streamsniping is that it's pretty much impossible to prove with 100% certainty unless the player straight up admits it.

    As unlikely as it is someone's connection might have hiccups at only times convenient to them (like rubberbanding a survivor back through a pallet into a hit, for example), and with streamsniping it could just be an unlikely but possible series of events that makes it seem like streamsniping.

    Streamsniping in particular has been proven to lead to a lot of drama in games where it's bannable, with streamers crying streamsniper when it's not the case at all.


    People with really poor connection quality shouldn't be allowed to host in p2p games in the first place though. Call it unfair or whatever, but it ruins the game for everyone else involved, at least in DBD dedicated servers are coming which should mitigate the old McDonalds WiFi killer issue.

  • People that lag switch only get caught if it is really obvious. If you only lag when you hit someone/carry someone to the hook and a survivor records it then it is you lag switching. If the survivor is recording the full game and lagging the whole time then it isn't a lag switch.