Hatch rework? Other changes?

I really hope that the upcoming update doesn't just have the DS rework and the new chapter. I know that's a lot of new content, but I'd like other small changes...


Like the hatch rework, different dailies, ranked rewards, devotion rewards/some sort of increase in shards at devotion level 100 (going back to 1)

Perk reworks? Is any of this coming?


THe hatch should be able to be closed by killer. It's been survivor sided for 2.5 years now.


@not_Queen

Comments

  • Probably more perks will be changed, Freddy's rework I guess and they confirmed something about totems

  • I forgot. What about leaderboards that were mentioned 1 year ago? That would be nice.


    Stats and leaderboards.

  • I really hope that the upcoming update doesn't just have the DS rework and the new chapter.

    Hatch kind of needs to be survivor sided

    If it can be closed immediately there is no way a survivor can win.

  • Touching Hatch is something the Devs have clearly wanted to do, but can’t unless if they want to anger one side of the Killer VS Survivor spectrum. Now that they changed DS and most Survivor mains complained about this, I don’t think they’ll be touching the Hatch anytime soon.

    Rank and Devotion rewards are badly needed at this point, and I really do hope Queen and the Devs come up with something and not continue to sweep ranking under the rug. We need more, you guys, and it’s not the devs fault, the game has just grown and a change needs to be given...

    Reworking perks is an issue too relating to what I said about the Hatch issue on the spectrum of Survivor and Killer, and I don’t think they’ll be able to really rework any META Survivor perks until later this year, or early next year. Killer perks could be getting a rework though, though they WONT BE TOUCHING NOED, EVERYONE. Seriously, they said it before, they’ll say it again, NoeD is NOT getting touched. Stop asking for it...But yeah, I can see them reworking and tweaking some other perks for Killers and Survivors that are low-tier right now.

    7725DB2C-1E20-49B1-B9FD-BAD3A9464BF7.png


  • I have an idea for hatch change.


    When the Hatch is opened:

    Prevents the killer from grabbing survivors after they begin the jump animation. Thus allowing a survivor to jump in if they reach the Hatch first.

    HOWEVER, if the killer reaches the Hatch first, they are allowed to close it. Closed Hatches (done by a killer) can only be opened with a Skeleton Key. Once the Hatch is closed, one random Exit Gate can be opened. Neither killer or survivor are alerted which exit gate can be opened.


    Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 12.36.33 PM.png

    Let me know what you think.

  • just came from a very long hatch stand off

    the only solution: let the surv win

    W6UB2GR72TW0.png


  • @Chaotic_Riddle said:

    Touching Hatch is something the Devs have clearly wanted to do, but can’t unless if they want to anger one side of the Killer VS Survivor spectrum. Now that they changed DS and most Survivor mains complained about this, I don’t think they’ll be touching the Hatch anytime soon.

    Rank and Devotion rewards are badly needed at this point, and I really do hope Queen and the Devs come up with something and not continue to sweep ranking under the rug. We need more, you guys, and it’s not the devs fault, the game has just grown and a change needs to be given...

    Reworking perks is an issue too relating to what I said about the Hatch issue on the spectrum of Survivor and Killer, and I don’t think they’ll be able to really rework any META Survivor perks until later this year, or early next year. Killer perks could be getting a rework though, though they WONT BE TOUCHING NOED, EVERYONE. Seriously, they said it before, they’ll say it again, NoeD is NOT getting touched. Stop asking for it...But yeah, I can see them reworking and tweaking some other perks for Killers and Survivors that are low-tier right now.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/409/J4VI86JY7ZQ2.png

    Fix that image its so asymmetrical.

  • @Shad03 said:

    I have an idea for hatch change.

    When the Hatch is opened:

    Prevents the killer from grabbing survivors after they begin the jump animation. Thus allowing a survivor to jump in if they reach the Hatch first.

    HOWEVER, if the killer reaches the Hatch first, they are allowed to close it. Closed Hatches (done by a killer) can only be opened with a Skeleton Key. Once the Hatch is closed, one random Exit Gate can be opened. Neither killer or survivor are alerted which exit gate can be opened.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/303/W6UB2GR72TW0.png

    Let me know what you think.

    Is the gate open or simply powered? If opened it could work. If powered it'll just lead to the same stalemate.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/348512#Comment_348512

    Is the gate open or simply powered? If opened it could work. If powered it'll just lead to the same stalemate.

    I would imagine powered (remember, there is absolutely no indication that either of the gates are openable until the survivor touches the gate), but the rate of opening is increased either twice or thrice the normal opening speed. Meaning the killer will still have a chance to get you, but choosing the wrong gate can ruin either side.

    Numbers can be changed of course, or both gates can be powered so gate camping can be prevented.

  • It's been survivor sided badly.

    If the killer gets to the hatch, he can close it. LIke they did in the PTB.

    Once he does this... the exit gates are powered.


    Simple. It's a better end game than the random crap we have now where 90% of hatch moments are survivor tbagging and getting out. Because their team did 2/5 gens....

  • I don't think anything other then the DS rework.. and some totem reworking is gonna be in there. They mentioned a couple of things near the end of the stream, sounded like some general balance changes. If leaderboards and stats are happening it won't be until dedicated servers are out.